Angels of Redemption

demio

Evening all. (Here anyway) http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/tongue.gif

Ok so I'm not going to bore you with my life story so to sum it up I have been away from Dark Angels for about 4 years now and have made a few attempts at rejoining the ranks. This will be the one!

So I have decided I wanted a paint

At the moment this is going to just be a painting log but once the new codex comes I will add battle reports and anything else I can think of.

Next up is a Land Raider Crusader and Librarian from the space hulk box.

What you all think?

I have to say they look awesome! As said, great choice with that particular green, it fits splendidly! Those are all from Dark Vengeance, right? I have to say those models are surprisingly good, for a starter kit :P

Looking forward to the next things to come, especially the librarian! Are you going to paint him entirely blue as dictated by the Roboute's old tome?

Nice work!

These look amazing Demio - this is a worthy return indeed! I like the green too - seems a bit more olive than forest green and the bone looks superb!

I see you went for an alternate color for the shoulder pads. What prompt that descision? The contrast with the red DW markings?

Cant wait to see more - escpecially sice you'll be adding all sort of stuff into this project log! Keep it up! :lol:

Cheers for the great comments!

Frejdruk - the Librarian is probably going to be blue as I feel like it will break up the army colour a fair bit.

Especially since the army is a fairly dull colour scheme anyway. To be honest I'm not sure whether I want to paint the Librarian or the Land Raider first. Any suggestions?

Captain Semper - I know its hard to see but all the shoulder pads are painted randomly, there is no order to it. I didn't want to be tied in to one strict paint scheme. If you like when I'm home from work I can put pictures of all 5 so you can see what I mean.

Once again cheers for rhe comments!

I will suggest that you do the land raider first then. My reasoning is that it is both expensive points-wise, thereby increasing the size of your painted army, and rather boring to paint :P Then, afterwards, you can reward yourself for a job well done by painting a librarian, which should be a lot more enjoyable ;)

just realized that in my haste to talk bad about Gulliman I forgot to sing your praises for such well painted models. I apologize Brother. They are quite stunning. I like that we are going to be sharing the Red Robes and accents! always good to find a frater with better taste then the rest! :) ( I jest, I jest)

I like these guys a lot demio! I'm usually not the biggest fan of the half n' half marines but by using the 'duller' green it really brings all together to a nice matte palette and looks great.

If you dont mind a bit of cnc, the grey weapon housings are cool but could use a bit more to make them look less flat. Not sure if thats just the camera washing out the colours or a lighter edge highlight is needed maybe? Dont take this too seriously though as I am usually full of crap.

Keep up the great work!

Moridius

I like these guys a lot demio! I'm usually not the biggest fan of the half n' half marines but by using the 'duller' green it really brings all together to a nice matte palette and looks great. :P

If you dont mind a bit of cnc, the grey weapon housings are cool but could use a bit more to make them look less flat. Not sure if thats just the camera washing out the colours or a lighter edge highlight is needed maybe? Dont take this too seriously though as I am usually full of crap.

Keep up the great work!

Moridius

I know what you mean about the grey. The problem I found when I origionally painted them with more highlights and a bit of blending they seemed to kind of stand out a bit to much if that makes any sense.

I'm gonna try something different on the next bunch as I'm content with how these turned out. If the next guys look better I will alter these guys.

Thanks again everyone.

I can't believe I've not opened this thread in a week, Really nice colour choice there Brother Demio.

I particularly like the way you have varied from the plain half and half scheme, for example the fingers and hand parts of the fists. Neato.

And the red is great, keeping a limited palette is a great way to create visual cohesion.

Very grimdark, cool.

Stobz

Cheers for all the great comments guys. Really pushing me to do more! The Land Raider should hopefully be done by Sunday ( should have been Saturday but my Wife made me go watch some awful film about vampires and werewolves).

Stobz - just want to say your models are amazing but you need to be painting faster. I want to see the Thunderhawk! How you getting on with it? ;)

Cheers again everyone!

So I pledged the Land Raider for my November vow. The problem is I am really stuck with it! Tanks as I have found out are in no way my strong point!

This is what I have done so far.

I genuinely want to know what your guys think so far, any ideas or suggestions would be great.

I just feel like this is lacking so much. Is it just me or is it just deceiving until I finish???

Help!!!

Archived