Traitors, cowards, and turncoats

Sinners Red

So, I'm currently in he process of assembling my Night Lords army (currently in the stage of purchasing), and I had been thinking about "Forging A Narrative" and all that jazz. One thing that sort of jumped out at me was the idea of having newly recruited members to the army. To be more specific turncoats from loyalist SM chapters.

I'm a fan of the Space Wolves models, I was going to use a few of their bits in my army no matter what but, I wanted to also model a few Space Wolves. So my solution was to say something along the lines of "stranded and left to by there former war band, the former long fangs of the Wolf Brothers joined the forces of the Night Lords 64th Company."

In the old C:CSM it has a story about a few Space Wolves joining forces with the Red Corsairs rather than dying. And I know that the Night Lords will take in turncoats from other legions/warbands (Prince of Crows features a Raven Guard captain turn coat, and we can't forget about the Flayer). As far as using Wolf Brothers instead of Space Wolves, I figured it would be slightly more believable as the chapter was disbanded and a few of the survivors have turned to chaos anyways.

I would enjoy calling my tenth claw something like "The Lost Wolves".

What do you guys think? Possible/impossible?

Would you guys ever consider doing something like this?

With a solid story as to why so many would come over at the same time, I don't see why it couldn't work. You should have them mutilated in some fashion as repentance for their crime of being the Emperor's lapdogs.

I was only planning on using 5, aspiring champ and 4 autocannons (which I plan on modeling using a combination of SM Dev Hvy Bolters, and IG autocannons).

Mutilated you say?

Good idea I say.

With a solid story as to why so many would come over at the same time, I don't see why it couldn't work. You should have them mutilated in some fashion as repentance for their crime of being the Emperor's lapdogs.

I was only planning on using 5, aspiring champ and 4 autocannons (which I plan on modeling using a combination of SM Dev Hvy Bolters, and IG autocannons).

Mutilated you say?

Good idea I say.

Five's not a terribly unbelievable number, so it ought to work out nicely. The Raven Guard guy you referenced had his tongue torn out, I think something like having these former Wolf Brothers de-fanged or scalped or something would fit that paradigm well even if it would be difficult to model.

Go for it! I've made a mini-me for my new Night Lords, using some bits from the BT upgrade sprue, reflecting my former existance before I turned into a traitor & heretic.

I hadn't thought of doing a whole squad, though - I might do that at some point.

Archived