Jimmi's guide to... Painting Yellow

J!MM!L!C!OUS

Hi there,

Some of you might know that I paint Space Marines (The *mighty* Grey Wolves in fact) and I’ve been told that my yellow is particularly good. Truth be told, I never had any problem with it, I wanted to paint yellow, I tried, and lucky for me it worked! :blink:

So this article is about me (writing when drunk) and how I paint Yellow. And If I can write an article when I'm loaded, YOU can paint yellow!

First up, this is what my yellow looks like. If you don’t like it, then you can stop reading right here, this guide is not for you :ermm:

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk208/2ndshot/IMG_1053.jpg

The Ingredients

Item 1. Black primer

Item 2. GW Tausept Ochre (Classic foundation paint, look for alternatives)

Item 3. GW Zamesi Dersert

Item 4. GW Gryphonne Sepia (Classic wash, look for alternatives)

Item 5. GW Sunburst Yellow (Classic layer paint, look for alternatives)

Item 6. GW Lamenters Yellow

The Methodology

Step 1. Prime in black.

Step 2. Paint the area in a basecoat of classic GW ‘Tausept Ochre’ foundation paint. (Now I know this no longer exists but you can find the modern equivalent)

Step 3. Paint over that base coat in GW ‘Zamesi Desert’ layer paint. Nice even coverage – you shouldn’t have any difficulty here, just one layer should work a treat.

Step 4. When dry, slosh over a nice helping of classic GW ‘Gryphonne Sepia’ (Again, there will be a modern equivalent) covering the entire area.

Step 5. Line highlight the edges of the armour with Classic GW ‘Sunburst Yellow’ (Again again, look for modern equivalent) My highlights are a bit thicker than most – that’s not intentional, it’s just that I’m not actually very good. However, it might be important so I’ll leave it to you to work out ^_^

Step 6. Wash the entire thing with GW ‘Lamenters Yellow’ glaze. Don’t be shy.

Step 7. Profit.

Ok hopefully that will look like a nice vibrant yellow. Any questions – feel free to ask me.

Archived