Ordo Minoris Ark Angelis

CommissarHarris

I, Commissar Harris of the Sisters of Battle, vow to Him on Holy Terra, to paint and present at least 5 converted Sister Superiors with Power Weapons and Bolters and 2 Immolator/Exorcist conversions on or before the 31st of March, 2013. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

These sisters will form the basis of a special character and her retinue: Sister D'Arc. She will be used in an upcomming Armageddon campaign being run by my local club.

I plan to use the existing Sister superior models and for most of them it will be a weapon swap only, usually a bolter for a bolt pistol or a chainsword for a powersword. Some will require a more drastic chop. For these I will be using a Seraphim model. All will be unique even if from the same base model. The suad can do up to 10. But the hardest will be d'Arc herself, who i have not comitted to yet.

When not used for this they will be used as regular sister superiors

The exorcists will be Immolators with magnetic weapon mounts allowing missile pods to be added on the aide. These will come from a Valkyries missile pods with appropriate levels of sister bling added to jazz them up.

These will replace my two aging forgeworld models, ehich are in desarate need of renovation

I have started on the body guard of Sister D'Arc. In general they will be equiped with power weapons and bolt pistols. A few will get fancy relic blades I will crib from a Canoness model. The first Sister is a straight weapon swap on a helmeted Sister superior. She has a power weapon clipped frpm the hand of another sister superior which replaces the chain blade she is normally carrying. Her plasma pistol has also been clipped of and replaced by a space marine bolt pistol. The detail on the power sword blade was damaged when it was removed.

To cover this damage, I will be taking a mold of sister Celestine's trailing flowers and using green stuff to cover the damage

blogger-image-57210207.jpg

There are some things the saw is better for. The problem with clippers is that they horribly mangle one side of the clipping site. With sprue, that doesn't matter, but with something like metal figure weapon swaps...

Reaper Mini's has a weapons set pack you can get that has some pretty awesome weapons. I am using them right now for my Choas conversion for my Korne Zerk'etts. Best part is they come on sprue so you don't have to worry about mangling one side. The weapon pack has everything from axe's to swords to spears and Maces.

Today we have Retinue number 2: This is a more comprehensive re-work of the figure. Starting with a sister superior with bolter and power weapon (who was an old banner bearer who lost her arm to the conversion fever Years ago), I have removed the bolter and hand and replaced it with a power sword from the Canoness sprue. For the missing arm I used a paper clip armature and the Canoness bolt pistol and greave. Around this, I have rush sculpted the sleeve of the surplice.

The Rush sculpt is mainly because i am an idiot in a rush. I should have blocked it in then waited then added detail one layer at a time :turned: .

Front:

blogger-image-801067116.jpg

End:

blogger-image-1329287546.jpg

I suppose I should plan this a bit more, or at least explain the thinking. I am modelling a special unit for sisters from a narrative campaign campaign I am planning to attend. This is Sister D'Arc and her retinue of 5 to 10 power weapon wielding crazy girls. Two can be upgraded to a Relic blade. Two can carry meltas or flamers and they can buy Rhinos or Drop pods as transport.

In their off days when they are not being used as he retinue I will be using them as Sister Superiors. They will all be converted to a greater or lesser extent. For the packs I was going to add either a banner pole as is my usual custom, or a saints Panel from the sister vehicle upgrade sprue, on the back I'll add a scroll to cover the bare surface.

The Vehicles are just part of my standard repainting plan and are pending me starting work.

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of he Relic weapons the retinue can carry. Based in a Multi melta Sister, with Canoness hands and the Axehead from a Marine Sanguinary guard. All held together by a pin fashioned from a paperclip.

She has been painted in a different style from the usual. She has been sprayed in layers, then I have low lighted with Nuln Oil wash, then retouching with white. Still not sure I like it.

blogger-image--175806592.jpg

Then the relic blade was masked and airbrushed with VMA: White, Ice blue, French blue, seablue. The mask was moved and the other side of the blade sprayed.

blogger-image-940472781.jpg

Oh and the best tutorial for airbrushing powerblades i have found so far is here. It is pond for pound the best Airbrushing site in general. I almost went and bought a Helldrake just on the basis of the results they produce in their tutorial!

The axe head looks way too big. >> Other than that, a very nice conversion.

Its supposed to, Its a Relic Blade, A non canon fluff campaign game special unit smile.png, and therefore grossly oversized for the lil' lady. In which case you wont like the big Two handed sword either.

Probably not. ^^; Just personal taste, I guess. Big swords are more understandable though... I guess I just prefer proper polearms.

I have always been partial to a Zweihander or claymore myself, smile.png Dai-Katana are nice too, but not as Gothic. Hopefully I will win you back with the powerswords, when I get to them

i like the idea of an oversized axe head on a relic weapon tho. like maybe something that entered the canon as ceremonial or some other non-combat use, then something desperate or drastic happened and it for some reason had to be used, and it proved really effective and was drafted into service.

personal taste, tho, i also love me a nice polearm. i'd like to see some military picks as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Retinue no 2 is base coated. Done with Valejo Spray Primer Grey:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-slpuKfxgbKA/UQdsuuEU5rI/AAAAAAAABGw/_hfCLlZq4e8/s1600/WIP_Retinue2_1-0.JPG

After airbrushing VA:DeepSeaGrey, VMA:Light Grey; VMC:; VMC:White, I have varied my normal method of White, with the addtion of a GW: Nuln Oil wash at the end, then touch up with brush applied, very thin VMA:White:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xdVv1lRr04s/UQdtfOpeBQI/AAAAAAAABHI/5BPjjaPndA0/s1600/WIP_Retinue2_2-3.JPG

On the back some freehand:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-x2DdiSyrZ8A/UQdtenIbwoI/AAAAAAAABHE/J6Dr2Y59n0M/s1600/WIP_Retinue2_2-2.JPG

I like the paint job and the scheme on these Sisters ^_^  It's a pity the pictures themselves are a little blurry :(

Archived