Elmo's new project - Landraider Ares, the fun begins!

elmo

As the title suggests my next project will be a Landraider Ares: http://www.chamber42...les_writing.pdf

This is all the fault of Stobz (no specific reason - I just blame him whistling.gif )

My kids saw that my creative juices where flowing on completion of my Vindicator Linebreaker Squadron and they joined forces and bought me a Landraider Crusader for xmas (I new there was a reason I had kids biggrin.png )

Since then I have ordered the following bits:

Vindicator (the left over bits will give me another Rhino)
Landraider extra armour and DA door set from FW

I have 2 Baneblade flamers in my bits box so when this all turns up I will be good to go.

The biggest problems I expect will be stretching the dozer blade (but I expect plasticard to be my friend there) and positioning the Vindicator front plate (but I have also invested in a razor saw so I will be getting nasty with it till it fits).

I have no special plans for magnetisation on this one (breathes a sigh of relief) as it will be more of a one off. I will prob. have the dozer blade detachable for transportation but I will see.

An idea that was suggested was to put the DW winged sword icon on the dozer blade in thin plasticard. The model itself will be in DA green mainly with some bleached bone bits more or less as per the datasheet.

I am not bulding this as a force multiplyer or due to fantastic rules but more as a centre piece for my 4th Company/Armoury (and cause it looks good rolleyes.gif )

I should be starting work in the next week or two when all the bits arrive and I expect it to take about a month to do so stay tuned for more updates.......

Naturally I will use this thread as a wip so if any one else wants to give it a go they may get some "how not to do it " ideas from here laugh.png

I am trying for "Master of the Forge" ph34r.png

Looking forward to it, Señor "Master of the Forge". ;)

You do realize that we (the Unforgiven/Dark Angels) take those guys (the Masters of the Forge) and install them in the Rock and then just let them sit there and fix our suff, then rarely remove their bodies, right? We just install a new one over the old one and get around to clearing out the rubbish later. :ph34r:

:D

Looking forward to it, Señor "Master of the Forge". msn-wink.gif

You do realize that we (the Unforgiven/Dark Angels) take those guys (the Masters of the Forge) and install them in the Rock and then just let them sit there and fix our suff, then rarely remove their bodies, right? We just install a new one over the old one and get around to clearing out the rubbish later. ph34r.png

biggrin.png

Bah-ha-ha (hmmm, I may have to reconsider then whistling.gif )

We got the master of recruits, now the master of the forge. What has one to do to become the master of ordinance for example? Just kidding. I really don't want to know...

Blame Stobz for anything. Its his fault. After all he survived the end of the world despite my confirmation of NZ not existing any more.

Kids sound like a good investment...

I've been working on one of these myself. It's quite the fun little project. I did not stretch the dozer blade, as it's just wide enough to fit in across the chassis without being modified. The main issue I'm having right now if making the installation of the cannon look smooth and flush. I'm not a great Green Stuff guy for mechanical things. best of luck on yours. I hope to finish mine this spring along with it's cousin, the Terminus Ultra.

Paul

If you are the MotF and I am your wipping boy, does that make me a Servitor?

Pics or it didn't happen tongue.png

Servitor Stobz

No... we dont need pics... thank you...

Not with Rule 34 in effect...

sick.gif

If you are the MotF and I am your wipping boy, does that make me a Servitor?

Pics or it didn't happen tongue.png

Servitor Stobz

No... we dont need pics... thank you...

Not with Rule 34 in effect...

sick.gif

I don't think he meant pictures of me whipping him - that is a definate sick.gifsick.gifcensored.gif

If you are the MotF and I am your wipping boy, does that make me a Servitor? Pics or it didn't happen tongue.png Servitor Stobz
No... we dont need pics... thank you... Not with Rule 34 in effect... sick.gif
I don't think he meant pictures of me whipping him - that is a definate sick.gifsick.gifcensored.gif

I know... but this is the internet after all... ;)

Before Stobz gets any futher into deranged fantasies, here is where I have gotten with my project:

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/photobucket-10809-1358122276725.jpg

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/photobucket-50062-1358122235919.jpg

I don't have any Heavy Flamer sponson bits, so I've used the flame cannons from the redeemer. While they are slightly larger, this is more of a decorative piece than a playing piece for me, so it will be okay. I don't have the skill to extend the blade wide enough to make room for the sponsons behind it, but I think it looks okay like this.

Cutting the vindicator's front plate down enough to make it fit the Land Raider frame was a problem, and I over cut, so I ended up having to put green stuff in to make it solid. I still need to smooth out a couple of these gaps. I also added the ventilation system from the Vindicator top plate in place of the current raised top, as can be seen. That bit of cutting was a bear.

The project has been fun so far, hopefully I can wrap it up soon.

Paul

Haha, gotta love inuendo.

I guess I'll have to whip meself then woot.gif

What good is a servitor that can't just be programmed to whip itself.

I look forward to your progress Elmo. I can't believe no magnets?!!? Come on now!

Fully magnetized Godhammer/Crusader/Redeemer/Ares??? Is it even possible?? Is it even worth it, lol...

Ahhh... Elmo, a great challenge ahead. This will be interesting to say the least. Good luck mate - your kids bypassed the "banker" no? hahahahaha!!!! Oh, and I agree with EPK, go for your magnet magic - worth it or not! :lol:

Now I beleive the title you're looking for is Master of the Rock - no? ;)

I think Servitor Stobz is fighting his programming - perhaps he needs his lobotomy renewing pinch.gif

Magnets - hmmmmmmmmm. Think, think.

The side sponson weapons are no problem - done before on the last Crusader

The Siege shield also no problem - done on 3 Vindicators so with a small mod. should get it to work on the Ares

The problem will be the front ramp/hull as I don't think I will be able to make the swap between ramp and Devastator cannon.

I will test fit and play a little when all the bits turn up.

Master of the Rock sounds good - now tell me what qualifications are needed, can I get friday afternoons off and is the pay good whistling.gif

The bits have arrived woot.gif

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/P1180019_zps858c1116.jpg

Looks like I have run out of excuses now whistling.gif

Master of the Rock sounds good - now tell me what qualifications are needed, can I get friday afternoons off and is the pay good whistling.gif

Actually you get the opposite of Friday's off... you get wired into the Rock itself, working day and night even beyond death, slowly decaying where you sit. As for pay, well, loyalty is its own reward. But I hear there is cookies.

Cookies???? We don' need no steenkin cookies....

Is there a cure for magnet addiction? I think it they are scrambling my brain.

Actually you get the opposite of Friday's off... you get wired into the Rock itself, working day and night even beyond death, slowly decaying where you sit. As for pay, well, loyalty is its own reward. But I hear there is cookies.

SHHH! Don't tell the Tech Marines about our cookies! The mechanicus is going to want the recipe then! :P

On a more serious note. Elmo I'm really excited to see this project unfold I know it's going to be just as awesome as everything else you make!

SHHH! Don't tell the Tech Marines about our cookies! The mechanicus is going to want the recipe then! tongue.png

Good point, there is two things that TechMarines just can't join in on, the Inner Circle and the Dark Angel Cookie STC.

Thats what I like about this forum - we can laugh at ourselves thumbsup.gif

Seriously though, there may be a slight delay on starting this project as I am committed to vows on 2 forums at the moment (IG and new top up DA vow incoming soon Capt S.) but I prob. will not be able to resist the temptation of playing and seeing how this will all go together wallbash.gif

Don't be too surprised if it is done sooner than I said as my fingers are itching to start chopping.

I will, of course, keep my Brothers updated on work in the forge.

Archived