Apostles of Contagion

Ethnic Minority

Here's my WIP log to show my attempt to build a (so far) 30 man plague marine contingent on a budget, using mainly Dark Vengeance Chosen. The first 10 are for my LPC 2013 vow. The first conversions I've made so far involve sawing the horns off and giving them the Deathguard Pickelhaube look. I'm also planning on converting them further to add a little diversity to an army principally made from 4 different models.

Here's what I have so far:
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/8350/img2253yo.jpg
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7272/img2254lf.jpg

Also trying to figure out a colour scheme. Right now I'm thinking of krootox green armour with lighter green highlights, rusty black trim with metal highlights, and topped off with a heavy wash of gryphonne sepia and sparse orange rusting around key areas. Guns will be red and metal to diversify the palette. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

I primed it with white, basecoated it liberally with deathworld forest, painted the trim with 50/50 orange-brown and highlighted with metal. The flat spaces of armour are done with nurgling green.

I'm thinking of stripping em and redoing them with a white primer, basecoating it in deathworld forest, but leaving the trim in green but and painting the flat spaces of armour with Rakarth flesh. I'll give it a wash in watered down green and sepia. Last, I'll highlight the armour with white and highlight the trim with nurgling green. This'll bring em closer to pre-heresy death guard but still give them enough grime to justify being plague marines.

These are great! You have taken the couple of  DV models that I'm kind of "meh" about, and made them awesome. I especially like the painted pair in post #3. What did you use for the helmet spikes?

• 3 months later...

That's a couple of very, very nice models you have there, Sir.  I'm spotting a number of subtle conversions that add to the models and fit naturally, and your color scheme is very appealing.

Oh, and I'd suggest red eyes, but maybe that's just me. ;)

Archived