Poll: What flavour of Blood Angels are you?

Jolemai

Which Flavour of BA are you?  

344 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

According the Lexicanum these are the known Successors of the IXth Legion and I was wondering which one people played. Basically, this is a public poll to show the spread of the players we have in this sub-forum in a bid to promote discussion and inspiration. It would also be great to see and hear more from those who play the lesser known options, their motivations and opinion on the Chapter at the present day.

Disclaimer - please note that as a public poll people will see your choices. Also, if you try to view the result prior to posting, your vote will be nullified (and there's nothing I can do about it) so please vote first.

Edited by Jolemai

Got sucked into the Bangles through the 2nd ed Space Hulk boxed set, being at the time one of the more fleshed out chapters. 

I just kind of went with them. Some awesome storied from the 3rd ed codex and 2nd ed rule books really cemented them for me. 

It also helped that they kicked ass on the table in 3rd. The Death Company were insane. It really kept me with them. 

I'm still toying with the idea of painting up a FT or Angels Sanguine unit, they're a little less...perfect. 

I went Blood Angels thanks to my copy of Space Crusade for the Amiga 500+. By god that game was brilliant, and the Blood Angels were by far the best. Beating a dreadnought to death in the first hand-to-hand combat roll? Priceless.

I only recently started painting my angels and I decided to go with the Angels Encarmine. Their white-clad Death Company look stunning, and are really fun to paint imo.

Welcome to the B&C and I'm pretty sure it's safe to say we're all looking forward to seeing them :)

As far as I'm concerned, I play Blood Angels but given my scheme doesn't marry up with GWs 100% it's more my take on Blood Angels.

Don't get me started on black shoulder pad trims or bike trims... *grrr*

Exactly. 

Think its safe to say this is 60"% of 40k players.

Blood Angels for me, like many others I started in 2nd Edition - I mean they were on the box and everything :P As with our Reclusiarch Jolemai I don't paint mine 100% fluffily, I've always gone all red and left off black trims. I just thought it looked better.

Ive dallied with Blood Angels, Flesh Tearers and the Archangels at Various points over the years but the first army i really got sorted for them was my Heresy Era force, who are also kinda the Blood Drinkers :D Its been a fun project but i think i may avoid Red for a while!

Once the army is finished. Which it never is... :D

I voted Flesh Tearers, but i'm also Knights of Blood. So 50/50^^. (I think that i will end creating a 50/50 Army with a mix of Knights of Blood and Flesh Tearers....Plus, GW specially refers of a join campaign.)

"Likewise, in M.40, a Knights of Blood and Flesh Tearers strike force routed a massive Eldar army from the maiden world of Kal Eyath." 2014 December White Dwarf

So, fluffwise, my idea is officially possible. Plus, in M40, so before Gabriel Seth acting as Chapter Master, the Flesh Tearers are described as being shun by near to all imperial forces, and it is Seth that recreated official links with the Blood Angels....so we can suppose that to ally with the Flesh Tearers at this period of time, the brotherhood that the Knights of Blood and the Flesh Tearers shared were very strong and may stills be strong.

Edited by Frater Antodeniel

I've toyed with a Flesh Tearers force for a long time. I don't know why I like them so much... wait, yes I do. They have a Blood Angels feel but they aren't painted the same. It was the paint job that initially drew me to them as I don't care for fire engine red. Who wants to be Red Player when they can be Crimson? It was that and an article in a White Dwarf some years ago (or maybe an old codex) that said their strength was so low that every battle brother kept the same black helmet because they were expected to fulfill every role within the Chapter at any given moment.

With all that said, I still won't field Seth. It's not that I have anything against him, in fact, I really like him. I just won't field a named character to save my life. It's something about subconsciously being unique I'm sure but it's the idea that I'm fielding the Chapter Master and someone the next table over could be fielding him as well. Instead, I've got a Captain that I'm painting up with a Mk III Heavy Chainsword that'll be run as a Relic Blade.

My Chapter are the Crimson Tears because I started out with BA way back in 3rd ed. when I was a younger 'un and when I came back to the hobby after university I wanted to do something that was my own, but couldn't stray too far from the BA fold.

I have a lot of love for all the proper successors (Angels Encarmine,  Angels Sanguine, Angels Vermillion, Blood Drinkers, Flesh Eaters, Flesh Tearers, Knights of Blood and Lamenters) and a couple of the newbys (Exsangunators, Charnel Guard). A lot of the others have quite naff names and aren't fleshed out at all, so it's hard to connect with them.

Who wants to be Red Player when they can be Crimson?

I've always thought of Flesh Tearers as having a more Maroon/Burgundy colour to them, Crimson seems too vibrant for the dsrkest of our non-excommunicated brethren.

Edited by sockwithaticket