BL submission window opens on 26 August

DukeLeto69

Well, that's quite early compared to the gap between the last and that before.

Nonetheless, get your pencils and to the scrapboards, brothers!

Good luck to everyone!

And then as the dust settled, a giant was revealed, clad in gold. His eyes bore down upon the yellow armored figures that stood before him. Silence took them all until the giant uttered words that would have cracked any bastion, “I have returned”.

"Even after the Lord Commander's return I dared not cling to hope," Lysander swallowed, disbelief robbing his words of there natural authority. "Now you stand before us..." He hesitated to even speak the name. "Laa-Laa." Saying it aloud, Lysander felt as if all air had been snatched from his lungs. After a moment's silence, he found the capacity to issue an order, still starring up at his progenitor. "Have Tubby Custard prepared at once, and ensure word is sent to Lord-Commander Tinky Winky."

What I like to know is how does one submit a piece on the website; Is there a drop box or person we should email them to?

The window doesn't open until the 26th, I'm guessing/hoping that we'll get more guidance then

For those of you planning on submitting a story this year, I hope this will prove useful. I've put together an article over on Track of Words featuring:

- Links to five interviews I've done with authors who made it through last year's open submissions window, talking about their work and their experiences of the submissions process

- Some of my thoughts on the guidelines for this year, alongside (more importantly) advice from BL editors that I've collated together from Twitter

- All of the advice from authors that BL posted last year when they announced the window, but haven't re-posted (yet)

- Links to lots of other advice and guidance from authors - both BL and otherwise - elsewhere online

The idea is that it's a bit of a one-stop-shop for advice and inspiration regarding the submissions process, and writing for BL in general. As and when I come across new interesting articles, comments or threads I'm adding those links here as well.

https://www.trackofwords.com/2019/08/14/writing-for-black-library-summer-of-writing-2019/

I hope this is helpful, and best of luck to everyone who's giving it a go this year!

NB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...