Welcome to part four of the Blood Angels Unit of the Week Series!

Following the release of the 8th edition Codex, there is no better time to discuss all the units we have access to. Each week a different unit will appear, with the idea being that we discuss how best to use that model on the battlefield. Where part one will focus on the unique BA units and part two will focus on BA units that are new to this edition of the Codex, part three will discuss how to get the best use the generic units from the past that are still with us (and that many of us have in our armies still), and part four will discuss the Legends units that we still own and love.

Note, this isn't to lament any nerfs, etc, from previous editions; the rules are as they are so try to unlock its potential for those who wish to use them all the same. Similarly, this thread is only for using the option being discussed; it matters not if you feel something is a better choice as such comments aren't constructive to the topic and shall be removed.

Without further ado, here's this week's entry:

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg Rhino Primaris

What are you thoughts here folks? How best would you use a Rhino Primaris from Warhammer Legends: Blood Angels?

• To compliment a list, or to build a list around? Will the beta rules affect your list(s)?
  • Will you be running multiple units?
  • Are you taking the hunter-killer missile? Are you using it transport capacity?
  • How are you making use of the Orbital Comms Array and the Servo-skull Hub?
  • Are you buffing this unit? If so, how?
  • Stratagems of note?

Over to you.

I have mine built but waiting for paint, maybe during ETL if Legends models are eligible.

Obviously this thing shines next to an Exelsior Land raider, with +1 to his lascannons rerolling 1's being crazy. +1 to hit for any other unit is also good, and it has the ability to heal maybe 6 wounds over a game.

Currently it's pretty cheap, as there is no point cost listed for a twin plasma gun, if you sub in the points for two plasma guns I think it's still under 100, so not a bad cheap HQ choice to throw the Veritas vitae on.

Have used this a few times in 8th in a vehicle-heavy list where I tend to use it alongside a Land Raider Excelsior (the LRE has a special rule whereby it gains +1 BS if it's within 24" of a Rhino Primaris). I tend to keep it at the back of my army and out of line of sight where possible, but within 12" of my choice of target for the Servo-skull hub - I use the targetting data skull option to give a vehicle +1 BS that phase which is often a second Land Raider (or occasionally a Predator or Vindicator). So that's a list with two Land Raiders hitting on 2+ in the shooting phase...

Probably because of the list I use it in, but I've yet to use the other two options (repair skull - I have two Techmarines; vox skull - what troops I have are msu and often embarked), but there uses are apparent despite being more niche. Embarked, I may put a Techmarine or something low threat like a Troop choice for objectives late on.

Taking a hunter-killer is neither here nor there: if I need to use it (i.e it requires line of sight) then there's a problem but I suppose it's good to have it. Like a melta bomb really. The Comms Array works like our Orbital Bombardment stratagem and can be used in addition to... note that this is worded differently from the obsolete data entry in Index: Imperium I and bar points is the only change. (Plasma overload is still worded like the Index though meaning your tank will die outright rather than take a mortal wound...)

fwiw the model is available from Warhammer World but a Damocles Command Tank (or even a Rhino with a large satellite dish) would be an adequate proxy.