Space Wolves Showcase: Heavy Armor

PeteySödes

gallery_2327_15075_2353.jpg

- Heavy Armor -

'Your foe is well equipped, well-trained, battle-hardened. He believes his gods are on his side. Let him believe what he will. We have the tanks on ours."

As we enter this new stage of our glorious chapter, post your Heavy Armor and inspire the new blood or push the old to greater deeds!

-*Any non-dread, non-transport (LR/Repulsors etc are welcome) Heavy Vehicle -

Only one i have good pics for atm but here's my Sicaran Battle Tank "Krokspjöt" which means winged spear:

Superb, and the Sicaran is still just the sleekest battle tank out there :smile.:

They really are beautiful death machines. 

• 1 month later...

First of my Primaris heavy armour (even if it is technically a Transport

Excellent work. What did you name the Repulsor? "Titanium Wolf", as a nod to the Iron Wolf of legend? "Iron Ghost", as the Repulsor skims over the ground like a malevolent spirit?

• 7 months later...

I have just finished my Space Wolves Redemptor Dreadnought. This is the ETB one that came cheaply with Conquest magazine but a friend gave me a spare Plasma Cannon and I found an old assault cannon in my bits box to improvise an Onslaught Gatling Cannon. I used an old HK Missile Launcher to proxy as an Icarus Missile Pod. All weapons are magnetised (apart from the fragstorm launchers) so I can change the loadout as I want.

med_gallery_82363_15236_693674.jpg

gallery_82363_15236_693674.jpg

med_gallery_82363_15236_220979.jpg

gallery_82363_15236_220979.jpg
Edited by Karhedron

These were done quite a while ago (5 years apparentlt yeesh!), and I need to update to the much darker grey scheme I now prefer once i finally get round to redoing my wolves.....but im still farily proud of these boys (despite the fact im not sure i can still run them all in one list legally hah)

Plasma Executioner conversion

gallery_65541_11037_161695.jpg

Vindicator Laser Destroyer Conversion

gallery_65541_11037_51599.jpg

Tank Backline

gallery_65541_11037_1990.jpg

@ Bjorn, I do have the sponsons for it. They got painted much later than these pictures were done.

@ Chazzmos: Thanks, my eyes were much better then, I havent done too much freeehand stuff recently. The freehand on the Achilles was done by drawing a grid with pencil to make it easy to follow, however I did a bit of cheating with the Sicaran. I drew out the esigns in the dimensions I wanted on masking tape and cut it out to use as a stencil, then with pencil, I drew around the stenciland lifted it off and painted in between the lines :D

If you do try using this method in the future, I would suggest gloss varnishing the area for the stencil and applying the masking tape to another surface like your trousers a couple of times. This takes away some of the tackiness of the tape and will reduce the risk of the tape damaging the paint.