Tactica: Stalker

PeteySödes

gallery_2327_15075_48266.jpg

With the release of our rules update it seems we've had a craving and cause for some new discussions relating to our units. Every week we'll feature a new unit available to the 6th with the purpose of discussing the tactics, use, and synergies around them. The Space Wolves are also about legends, sagas and great deeds as well so each week will also kick off or feature a showcase for you bloodclaws and longfangs alike to show off your units and inspire your battle brothers. These discussions will be archived to allow for reference by the new and old as well!

Note, this isn't to lament any nerfs, etc, from previous editions; the rules are as they are so try to unlock its potential for those who wish to use them all the same. Similarly, this thread is only for using the option being discussed; it matters not if you feel something is a better choice as such comments aren't constructive to the topic and shall be removed.

- Week 3 -

sml_gallery_2327_15075_77532.jpg

- Stalker -

How do Space Wolves best use Stalkers?

• Wargear?
  • Which strategems are worth throwing out?
  • Any solid unit combos?

What say you fearless Warriors of the Rout? And please post your finished Stalkers here!

Let me preface with I've never used a Stalker. I think this unit is a bit lack luster. I would say it's best quality is that it's a T8 body. Its guns leave something to be desired unless fliers are prevalent across the table and then they are still just an auto cannon, which is not the Imperiums finest weapon by a long shot. 1 will not kill most flyers in 1 turn of shooting and the only reason I can see to bring one is to flesh out a brigade. Edited by Rune Priest Jbickb