Order of the Ebon Skull

Bootae

Hi guys, new custom chapter IA article for your viewing. This is a friend of mine's chapter, he'd sketched out the basic idea and I fluffed it out on a lunch break into a full IA. Comments and thoughts welcome (I know it sounds like a name for Sisters, but he likes it :wub: )

Index Astartes: Order of the Ebon Skull

Origins

The exact origins and history of the Order of the Ebon Skull are shrouded in mystery and a subject of much debate amongst Imperial scholars. The chapter is certainly old, their own records stretch back 3000 years, but beyond that all historical recordings have either been lost, or if you believe other whispered suggestions, have been deleted. Other historical records allude to the involvement of a loyalist chapter fitting the Order

:wub: I liked it a lot. The skull fortress seemed cool and reminded me of something i've seen before but can't remember what at this moment.

Entrance to the Tor is only possible by Thunderhawk or other flying transport.

My only quibble would be this. Perhaps have a secondary hidden entrance incase of emergency :D but such a need may not be required as marine homeworld are in tip top protection :D

I also liked the image of worhipping marines and heroes equally and the chapter master who changed doctrine :cuss. Nice stuff

As you said, the name is very sisters-like, and your friend might find it's better if he just called them the Ebon Skulls. It sounds good, for example when you said "Ebon Skull Veterans".

Aside from that, the chapter certainly seems interesting. There's nothing particularly wrong with it, though one might question where they get the 'larger than usual' numbers of Land Raiders from. Inquisitional contacts?

Actually I got the idea from Castle Greyskull :lol:

Good idea on the name shortening to Ebon Skulls, I'll suggest it. If so, it makes me wonder if he should actually paint all the marine helmets black actually, presently they're the same bronze. hmmm

Extra Land Raiders, written in because he's bought several raiders :P And yeah, Inquisitorial contacts sounds like a good source.

With regards to the entrance, there was a vague mention:

Other entrances may exist, but if so they are not public knowledge.

Thanks for the replies folks.

Okies then, spoke to my mate, he's gonna go with the name change to just The Ebon Skulls and we've repainted everything with black helmets. Looks good too, I'll try and get some pics up. Apparently he's found a suitable symbol from the witch hunters or something transfer sheet too, so we can get them on the minis in the future.

Archived