DIY Index Astartes

Scally

Hey there Scally. This is awesome work you're doing. I was wondering if you might be able to pull this off for my Chapter.

My Chapter's history and schemes can be found in the IA link in my sig. They started out with one scheme and symbol (the dark blue scheme with a gold lion's head) and switched to another as they apparently turned to Chaos (white with a golden wing). I have below an approximation of their symbols:

Brotherhood of Wrath (note that the inset would be red and the trim more yellow than metallic):

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/7/7f/Clpad.gif

Angels Ascendant (this is just what the symbol would look like; the inset and trim would be the same):

http://images.crestock.com/860000-869999/862042-xxs.jpg

My Chapter doesn't really do Codex markings like their Company number on their shoulder or different colored shoulderpad trim or helmets. They do generally have a number of purity seals and devotional texts on their armor, and those of the Angels Ascendant variety are all packing lots of gear (bolters, bolt pistols, close combat weapons, grenades, ammo).

Also... I was wondering if, in addition, you might be able to find a way to make an Angels Ascendant Marine with wings? They can be folded up or whatever, maybe like this:

http://www.luckymojo.com/arch-angel-gabriel.jpg

Sorry mine's a little demanding. But I'd really appreciate it.

• 7 months later...

The Unofficial Insignium Astartes (Made by the fans for the fans).

Anybody interested in helping me make a Marine picture (template) for all of the known ‘Official’ Chapters?

No speculative colour schemes, only ‘Official’ colours based on the ones that GW has published over the years.

Ok, im not herer to put up my chapter or anythin, but could you send me the file or fix the links to the colour scheme stuff because the links no worky.

What are you talking about? B)

My guess would be that he's talking about the way that your sig-image seems to link to an error page rather than the Insignium Astarted.

Which, by the way, I'd like to thank you for... It's been a little while since I flipped through it, but I remember how nice the illustrations were the last time I wandered over that way. Not everyone tries to give back to the community like that.

My guess would be that he's talking about the way that your sig-image seems to link to an error page rather than the Insignium Astarted.

Which, by the way, I'd like to thank you for... It's been a little while since I flipped through it, but I remember how nice the illustrations were the last time I wandered over that way. Not everyone tries to give back to the community like that.

That site is dead. It became stagnant because I didn’t have time to work on it.

Maybe when this project is finished I will resurrect it.

• 4 weeks later...

here's my chapter.

chapter name: The bleeding chalice

Geneseed: imperial fist

home world: None, Chapter is fleet based.

colour: Necron abyss, then dry brushed with mix of mainly Necron abyss and a more clear blue colour. Trim is supposed to be gold but I'm open for other suggestions.

combat doctrine: Urban warfare and Guerilla tactics, the main idea is that the army is supposed to eliminate the leaders and thus eliminating the command chain, breaking the morale of the enemy early in the fight.

chapter sign: it is based on the Souldrinker chapter so basically something with a golden or silver cup (if you have a better suited sign pls go ahead and tell me).

War cry: By the chalice repent your sins!

And sorry for any mistakes, just started my first warhammer army so still learning all the basics.

Archived