Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dead Rising in 40k

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Ethereal Sword

Ethereal Sword

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 288 posts
  • Faction: Sword Falcons
For you who have played Dead Rising or seen the new Dawn of the Dead movie know that your stuck in a mall full of zombies, (in d,o,t,d they're trappd inside the mall). But change the time from 2006 or 07 to the 41st millenium and change the setting a cities of death board infested with zombies. Because I haven't got any opinions I haven't thought much of the rules. All I've got for you now is that you start off as a scout sergeant with 5 or 10pts to spend for armour,rank(space marine, sergeant, veteran etc) new skills, weapons,leadership how much you can carry, wounds to fight off hordes of zombies(use eye of terror codex for zombie stats) to find survivors, to defeat maniaks, and get out the mall within 6 days(6 turns) at an evac point.
This is still turn based.
You can only use heavy weapons as a marine or any higher rank.
The zombies will get harder the higher your rank.
There needs to be more zombies than characters.
For a much more challenging game you can add as many more characters to act as survivors just remember more zombies than characters.
The mainiaks are determined by leadership tests.
If you are killed by a zombie you cna either leave or you can become a zombie. Note you lose eveything you had and you only use unmodified strength and attacks.
No zombie has a range attack!!!!!.
No viechles apart from bikes .no attack bikes(Sidecar) and no jumppacks
Thats all for now folks so please tell me about how to improve and what to add to this and I will do more detailed rules if I think I have gotten good feedback.

Edited by Ethereal Sword, 25 January 2007 - 10:03 PM.

Beornling 3.1415

Beornling 3.1415

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,487 posts
poppa nurgle must be involved.
Knowldedge is power
power currupts
ignorance is bliss
I prefer to be unhappy, evil and smart

Dreadnaughts and Wraithgaurd: Because Duty doesn't end in death.

DavidKits

DavidKits

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 664 posts
hmmm reminds me of a game of 40K megabattle that i had to help 'control' once. had all these new gamers come in for a Resident Evil 40K game. though they added something to the game you may want to think about

have it a objective marker game where the players have to survive 6 turns and claim as many objectives ((good ones) as possible without being killed. for each objective marker a random event occured on a d6 i think it went like this.

1. new gun roll addition d6 to see what.
2-4: ZOMBIES!! roll a d6 to determine how many appear
5-6: ally you find someone who wishes to help you and gain an addition model for the game.

at the same time they played it as you wereall guardsmen no space marines aloud :tu: in combat if you rolled a 1 in shooting you ran out of ammo and can only get more by getting a weapon or picking up a weapon you already owned.

they set up the game that for each player there was 5 zombies but more can come in on the horde of counters all over the place. and at the same time as the Guardsmen are deranged nutjobs. they always added the idea that if aplayer felt it was quote a 'game over' event like being swarmed say by 16 zombies. ((it did happen)) every one of them could have the choice to pull the pin on there grenades and kamikase(sp) death using something like the Tau Failsafe Denotator. except the zombies still don't get a save from it :lol:.

anyway if i can think of any more of that game and your interested for more i'll see what i can pass along. Cheers.
Chaos Space marine: So loyal marine now that you have had some of your head blown off by Our Surperior forces what are you gonna do now?
Space marine: I"M GOING FOR BIONICS!!!
Chaos: shoot...
Space marine: ok dokie *BAM!!!*
Chaos: it burns!!!

Thraxius

Thraxius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 441 posts
Well sorry people its been done there is a table game call "Zombie!!!" and its just like that survive the Horde of Zombies and your justa normal guy with a gun, the game ends when some one finds the Chopper of someone kill 25 zombies.

Just search for it.

PD: Pretty fun game, and also the rules in it can be pretty easy modifia for a City of Death or Kill-Team game.

Luther - the fallen

Luther - the fallen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 894 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion and Allies
I'm instantly thinking "Hmm.. building a space hulk gaming board for kill-team games.. need Zombies for a RE movie like enviroment" :) gotta try that one..

Luther..
gallery_10707_11380_16314.jpg
Follow my Work in my Blog: For the Warmaster

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,850 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
I came up with the below mission about a year and a half ago. It mixes elements of Kill-Team with the aforementioned Zombies! game.

HIVE OF THE DEAD

At the height of the riots upon Demaras Tertius, Inquisitor Romero transmitted a distress call. When his long time allies, the Legio, received the signal, they dispatched a kill team to provide assistance.

Play a Kill Team game with the new Rescue Objective. The targets of the Rescue objective are Sister Saren of the Order of the Torch and Sister Mirelle, a Sister Dialogus and member of Inquisitor Romero's retinue. Each of the Sisters has the following profile:

Sister | WS 3 | BS 3 | S 3 | T 3 | W 1 | I 3 | Ld 8 | Sv 5+

Weapons and Equipment: Each of the Sisters is armed with a close combat weapon.

SET UP

Posted Image

The kill-team starts within 12" of entry point 12.

Each of the Sisters starts in one of the objective rooms at the opposite end of the table.

4 zombie blips are placed on the table. Use the scatter dice and 2d6 to determine where each blip is placed.

An extra zombie blip is deployed at the start of the game for each Mutable and Immutable Law the kill-team breaks.

Once each of the zombie blips is placed on its starting position, roll a scatter dice to determine each blip's initial direction of movement.

The zombies use the following profile and rules (these are based on the Chapter Approved rules):

Zombies | WS 1 | BS 0 | S 3 | T 4 | W 1 | I 1 | A 1 | Ld 7 | Sv 5+

Weapons: The Zombies attack by grabbing and biting. Regardless of how the model is represented, treat each Zombie as if it has a single close combat weapon.

SPECIAL RULES

Shamblers: Zombies always move as if in Difficult Terrain, even when charging.

Fearless: Zombies are Fearless and hence will automatically pass any Morale or Leadership test and cannot be Pinned.

Feel No Pain: If a Zombie loses a Wound, roll a D6. On a 4+, the wound is ignored. The Zombie has lost its legs or some other non-vital part and keeps on crawling. This ability cannot be used against weapons whose Strength is at least twice the Zombie's Toughness or against close combat weapons that allow no armour save.

Sometimes They Come Back: The plague virus is not simply carried by the Zombies. They can also infect their victims with the disease. Each time a Zombie kills a kill-team member in hand-to-hand combat, roll a D6. On a roll of 5+, the dead kill-team member will become a Zombie. The model will continue to fight as a member of the kill-team until it becomes a Zombie. Place a marker on the kill-team member to indicate that it is infected. At the start of each kill-team turn thereafter, roll a D6 for the infected member. If the model rolls above its Toughness it immediately dies. Place the model on its side. At the start of the next Zombie turn, replace the model with a Zombie model. The model keeps its Strength, Toughness, and Save scores, but follows the Zombie profile for other scores and follows the rules for Zombies. (It's best to have a couple of Zombie models converted to look like the kill-team. Alternately, you can place a marker on each Zombie that used to be a member of the kill-team.) Infected kill-team members may not be killed by the other members of the kill-team until they become Zombies - they will continue to fight as normal, ignorant of the fact that they're about to become brain-eating Zombies.

Devour All Flesh: When a kill-team member is killed by Zombies (i.e., the model does not roll 5+ for Sometimes They Come Back), all Zombies in base contact with the model will break off assault and devour the hapless model. If no other Zombies are in base contact with members of the kill-team at this point, the kill-team may make a consolidation move. At the start of each Zombie turn thereafter, the feeding Zombies must pass a Ld check or they will continue eating. Leave the dead kill-team member on the table with the Zombies in base contact until the Zombies finish eating. Other Zombies will ignore the dead model and will treat the kill-team as normal. Once the Zombies finish devouring the kill-team member, remove the model from the table. The Zombies now act as a separate unit that is Aware of the kill-team.

SCENARIO SPECIAL RULES
Use the Night Fighting rules found in the Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook.

The kill-team is armed with an auspex. At the start of the game, the kill-team can only detect movement in the darkness. The true nature and number of Zombies is unrevealed. The Zombies are represented by blips until they can be seen by the kill-team. When the kill-team is able to see a blip and discern the number and nature of Zombies, roll a D6. On a 1-5, place that number of Zombies within 1" of the blip. Keep the blip on the table in order to record the Zombies' direction of movement.

On a roll of 6 refer to the Special Result chart below.

SPECIAL RESULT CHART
  • False alarm, 0 Zombies
  • 1 Ogryn Zombie (this result may only be rolled once - subsequent rolls result in 0 Zombies)
  • 1d3 Zombie Sisters (this result may only be rolled once - subsequent rolls result in 0 Zombies)
  • 1d3 Zombie Enforcers/Planetary Defense Force soldiers (this result may be re-rolled)
  • 1 Zombie Servitor (this result may only be rolled once - subsequent rolls result in 1d3 Zombie Enforcers/Planetary Defense Force soldiers)
  • 1 Zombie Inquisitor (this result may only be rolled once - subsequent rolls result in 1d3 Zombie Enforcers/Planetary Defense Force soldiers)
Special Zombies follow the normal rules given for Zombies above, except as noted below:

Zombie Ogryn | WS 1 | BS 0 | S 5 (6) | T 5 | W 2 | I 1 | A 1 | Ld 9 | Sv 5+

Zombie Sister | WS 1 | BS 0 | S 3 | T 4 | W 1 | I 1 | A 1 | Ld 7 | Sv 4+

Zombie Enforcer/PDF | WS 1 | BS 0 | S 4 | T 4 | W 1 | I 1 | A 1 | Ld 7 | Sv 4+

Zombie Servitor | WS 1 | BS 0 | S 3 | T 4 | W 2 | I 1 | A 1 | Ld 8 | Sv 4+

Zombie Inquisitor | WS 1 | BS 0 | S 3 | T 4 | W 1 | I 1 | A 1 | Ld 7 | Sv 4+ (5+)

Weapons: The Zombie Servitor has a servo-arm attachment that confers an extra power fist attack on the model. Kill-team members killed by the servo-arm will not come back as Zombies, although the Zombie Servitor will feed on the corpse(s) as per the Devour All Flesh special rule. Other special Zombies are unarmed as normal.

Armour: Zombie Sisters, Enforcers, and Planetary Defense Soldiers continue to wear their armour. The Zombie Inquisitor also wears carapace armour and has a refractor field. The Zombie Servitor is protected by the machinery that augments his body.

ZOMBIE MOVEMENT
Zombies and Zombie blips move at random until they become Aware of the kill-team's presence. Use the scatter dice to determine which direction the Zombies and Zombie blips move each turn. A Hit roll on the scatter dice means the Zombies are reacting to something and move in the direction of the small arrow. A Miss/Scatter roll means that the Zombies continue to move in the same direction they were moving before, as indicated by the blip counter.

Zombies accrue klaxon counters as normal. Zombies and Zombie blips that are Aware will always move in a straight line towards the nearest kill-team model (you may remove the blip counter as the direction of travel will no longer be determined by the scatter dice).

Zombies and Zombie blips will not move off the table. If a unit of Zombies or a blip ever reaches an entry point, rotate the direction of movement so that they move along the nearest wall.

ZOMBIE REINFORCEMENTS
On Zombie Turn 4 and each Zombie turn thereafter, roll a D6 at the start of each Zombie turn. On a 4+, a reinforcement Zombie blip enters the table at one of the 11 entry points. As soon as the kill- team leaves the second Objective room with both Sisters, a Zombie blip will enter play on a 2+. If the kill-team breaks 2 or more Immutable Laws, a second Zombie blip will enter play on a 4+ once the kill-team leaves the second Objective room with both Sisters. Roll 2d6 for each reinforcement blip to determine which entry point the blip appears at. On the turn blips enter the table, the direction of movement will be straight in.

PLAYING THE MISSION
The kill-team must move to the Objective rooms. Once they reach the first door, they must spend a full turn outside the room as they alert the Sister inside to their presence and the barricades inside the room are removed. All Zombies and blips on the table automatically become Aware as the kill-team makes a great deal of noise during this process.

The kill-team must then spend a full turn inside the first room as they replace the barricades. Obviously this can't happen unless no kill-team models are in base contact with Zombies.

The kill-team must then spend another turn in the second Objective room as they quietly remove the barricades in that room. Since the Zombies can't see the kill-team, they continue to swarm the door of the first Objective room in an attempt to reach their prey.

The kill-team will then leave the other Objective room. The kill-team must exit the table at the #10, #11, or #12 entry point with both Sisters models alive in order to achieve mission success. If one of the Sisters is killed or infected, the mission is considered a draw. If both of the Sisters are killed or infected, the mission is considered a failure.

DESIGNER'S NOTES
While incorporating classic zombie elements, something else I tried to build into the game was the atmosphere of the original Space Hulk game. It was an accident of development that this became a solo mission, playable when you don't have an opponent available.

This kill-team mission is expressly designed for an army of the Imperium, specifically Space Marines of the Legio. Kill-teams from other army lists can be used, although you might have to reconcile certain issues (Necrons, daemons, wraithguard, and drones can't be turned into Zombies; why would Orks be performing a rescue?) before you can play.

When playing this mission, it is best done on a table that is 48"x48" or larger. You'll need about 60 normal Zombie models, plus models to represent each of the special Zombies, which means you'll need 3 Sisters Zombies, about a dozen Enforcers (Enforcers/Arbites are part of the Necromunda range) or PDF/Imperial Guard (standard Imperial Guard models work best), and one of each of the Ogryn, Servitor, and Inquisitor Zombies. While you can use the Zombie regiment for Warhammer, a number of the Scavvy models from the Necromunda range also work. In addition, you could use models that look like normal civilians. You'll also need models to represent the Objective Sisters. I used the Sister Dialogus and the Sister Hospitaller from the Witch Hunter range. You'll need 1 or 2 models to represent kill-team members that have become Zombies. You'll also need about two dozen blips that include a directional arrow. I used standard 25mm bases with a printed design glued to the top. Lastly, you'll need a few markers to indicate infected kill-team members.

Edited by Brother Tyler, 02 May 2007 - 12:09 PM.
Oops! I didn't realize that some of the text was in black. I turned it into zombie green.

Divergent Reality

Divergent Reality

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 807 posts

Well sorry people its been done there is a table game call "Zombie!!!" and its just like that survive the Horde of Zombies and your justa normal guy with a gun, the game ends when some one finds the Chopper of someone kill 25 zombies.

Just search for it.

PD: Pretty fun game, and also the rules in it can be pretty easy modifia for a City of Death or Kill-Team game.

look at the grenade card.
looks exactly like me before i cut my hair.
i just have more sideburn than beard stubble.
that was a strange discovery.

a mighty fun game too.

I play Necrons. Why then, am I here?
Think of it as a community service for all the misguided power armor wearing players out there who are still confused by We'll Be Back.

legless_al

legless_al

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 225 posts
Can you show us some piccies of the board and your models pls
Do not fear the Bolter but the marine holding it

Ethereal Sword

Ethereal Sword

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 288 posts
I haven't done any yet cus I waitin to see if get any good feedback to get me started

Promethius

Promethius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 131 posts
Zombie! the board game is alot of fun and well worth the price. In my opinion the first one is the best but the college one is also pretty good. My suggestion is that if you are one of the choosen Sons of Romero then you will msot liekly enjoy all the various editions of this game. Also just a heads up its best when played with a group of people.
! Burn Baby Burn !
Looking for opponents near UB

Transit Station Hobby Store
5565 Transit Road
Williamsville, NY 14221

Cowmonaut

Cowmonaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 444 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Just makes me think Cityfight + Kill-Team where the Brutes don't shoot. Could be interesting, Kill-Team is surprisingly challenging.

Ethereal Sword

Ethereal Sword

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 288 posts
Well as I haven't got around to playing kill-team yet but I have read the rules for them and my brain nearly exploded when I did read them.

Necrobob

Necrobob

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7 posts

Zombie! the board game is alot of fun and well worth the price. In my opinion the first one is the best but the college one is also pretty good. My suggestion is that if you are one of the choosen Sons of Romero then you will msot liekly enjoy all the various editions of this game. Also just a heads up its best when played with a group of people.

Heh, that Sons of Romero makes me want to see this as a one off for groups of Space Marine Hopefuls. They drop the unaugmented wanna-bes in the middle of a plague zombie zone and the survivors are able to enter the chapter. The losers... well they end up the test for future applicants. I'm sure there's plot holes in this up the wazooh, but it is what the statement touched off in my head. Could make a campaign of it to. With the models being replaced by a killteam of survivors for future games and such.

Edited by Necrobob, 21 September 2007 - 12:17 AM.

Whizzer

Whizzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 520 posts
Just confused as to how a zombie is going to kill a power armored space marine via biting it.. :P .

I guess I could see it if they werent wearing their helmet, but with the distress call concerning infected, possibly chaos warped, civilians, youd think theyd wear one.

Magistrate

Magistrate

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 359 posts

Just confused as to how a zombie is going to kill a power armored space marine via biting it.. :tu: .

I guess I could see it if they werent wearing their helmet, but with the distress call concerning infected, possibly chaos warped, civilians, youd think theyd wear one.

Tell that to all those captains and sergeants fighting in a distressed future warzone. B)
"Also against female players this formation allows you to perform the ultimate of psychological manipulation by deploying your 2 predators in a forward facing v shape with the vindicator in the middle at the front, and saying: "Here you can see my baalz and this big thing here...... is my demolisher cannon"
You will find this will render your opponent unable to think about anything other than your 3 heavy support choices, and the obvious phallic symbolisms involved."
-Corporal Mcstab

"Two big red Baals and a nice thick gun driving up the middle, able to slap into the flanks and penetrate deep and hard, releasing their massive payload into the faces of your unlucky foes."
-Galahad_Knight

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users