Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Who is Who on the B&C

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1295 replies to this topic

Skoby

Skoby

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 608 posts
  • Chapter Name: Iron Hands
Name: Josh

Started: About 10 years ago I got the 3rd ed starter set

Gaming club: not had a decent group in years :(

Army: DIY chapter and some Orks, despite playing on and off for 10 years I've never had a fully painted army... maybe one day :)

Other hobbies: I attempt to play bass and guitar, thinking about starting rugby again next season and I like my classic cars, especially beetles and campervans.

Method of paying for gaming habit: student loan and hopefully soon will have a job ;)

kogeninja

kogeninja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts
Name: Dave
Started: Probably about 1988 collecting/painting but didn't play a game until early 90s. Also had long breaks inbetween times but currently active with 5th
Army: Chaos Black Legion and small Black Templar force

This forum is the business!

Aya

Aya

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts
Yo, my name is Alex
Started 40k last month (whoo!)
My army is the Rogue Angels, a small codex marine force.

capnbeer

capnbeer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts
Hi im chris

Marine mechanical engineer

Gettin back into 40k after a 10yr+ absence.

Used 2 play blood angels, black templers, chaos, ork and necros, Gorkamorka, blood bowl mordheim and fantasy.

Currently creating my own DIY chapter the Blood Snakes

Moghal

Moghal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 100 posts
Greetings, I'm Steve, and I'm a QA/H&S Manager from Winchester.

I started back in the mid-eighties with Eldar, dropped off the scene for over 20 years, and I've recently gotten back into things with a mixed Inquisition force.

LorgarForneus

LorgarForneus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts
Name: Andy
Other Stuff: Married, got a 20 year old wife named Zoe, and a 5 month old son named Connor. Yes, I'm gonna raise him as a 40k-er! Oh yeah, and I live in Halifax, Yorkshire, England.

Edited by LorgarForneus, 29 June 2009 - 12:57 PM.

Brother Captain Ming

Brother Captain Ming

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 91 posts
Brother Captain Ming Reports,

My name is Nick, I'm currently 28. I joined the Air Force after high school, and that's where I picked up this addiction. I started by playing fantasy :woot: in tech school in Wichita Falls :jaw: , Texas. After I got back to SoCal (in 03) I switched to 40K and got a Dark Angels army. I hope to have finished painting it shortly :rolleyes:. I was playing regularly at my local game store (GMI Games & Collectables) for about three years, but work, school, and a girlfriend have greatly decreased my hobby time :jaw: . My Birthday this year was awesome though, my gf got me the Chaos SM Rulebook, Termie Lord, and Battleforce box :woot: .

Logistics.

QUOTE (Oloff Hammeraxe @ Dec 10 2009, 06:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What this thread taught me is that some Terminators stole Wolverine's claws because they really want peanut butter.

QUOTE (Pcm979 @ May 9 2010, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, the joke's on all of you: His real name is Theodore M. Peror, voted "Most Likely To Become Immortal Master Of Mankind" in Anatolia National High, class of 10,000 B.S.T.H.H.Y. (Before Something That Hasn't Happened Yet).

Please don't talk to me about math-hammer. I have rolled too many ones to take that seriously.

Post #28

Drexsun

Drexsun

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts
Name; Justin
Age; 22
Location; Concord, Ohio
Occupation; Gas Station

Other; I am new to the game and would like to get into the Hobby part a lot more then I do. The game is fun also I played it a few times with some friends. Had to learn on my own so I am still not 100% on the rules. I don't even own a single Marine model yet but I plan on getting a few soon. I have a battle force of Tyranid because my friends though I would like it because I am big into the weapon "Scythe" and seeing they are bugs with Scythes on there arms.. they thought it would be good for me. Heh I just like the story behind the Marines and such. I am going to try and build both armies but yeah I am going to be getting my Girl Friend into this game also try to get her into the Sisters of Battle. or "Witch Hunters" whatever you want to call them.

TheKav

TheKav

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 42 posts
Hi,

I'm Peter Kavanagh, or The Kav as I was called in College.

I'm from Dublin, I'm nearly 25 and I've been playing 40k on/off (mostly off, admittedly) for the last 15 years.

I'm currently building a DIY Astartes chapter.

Brother-Captain Zacharias

Brother-Captain Zacharias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts
Name: Paul
Loc'n: Glasgow, Scotland
Occup'n: Engineering Project Manager

Started: around about 1990, have collected Dark Angels in a variety of forms since then.

Interests: Recently got back into 40k seriously, nearly finished 1500pt DA demi-company (5th Co). Going to beef it up to 2000pts, then move on to Eldar, IG and Tau. Have always felt the hobby suffers from EVERYONE collecting Space Marines, and EVERY GW relaunch being Smurfs vs Orks.
Knowledge is power, guard it well...

Orean

Orean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts
  • Chapter Name: Knights Templar
Brother Orean aka Robin Hendy-Ibbs. But my friends call me Bob

I'm a 25 years old & i work in Liverpool city centre, although I usually go to the GW in Southport near where i live. I've been into 40k since 1995 & have loved it all the way. I've pretty much always played as the loyalist SM in one form or another, except for a 6 month period where i was the Tau (don't know what i was thinking). I'm currently building my own created chapter called the Knights Templar.
Shiny, let's go be bad guys

Midgard

Midgard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 508 posts
All right, time to introduce myself. My name is Alex, and I am in Colorado, United States. 28 years old going on 29, and introduced to WH40K via a forum I run, where some members posted pictures of their finished miniatures. As a long-time fan of science fiction with a preference for anything with a "grimdark" streak, I found WH40K universe to be interesting and fascinating, an impression that was reinforced through a number of novels, Dawn Of War games, and eventually buying, assembling, and painting my own 40K force. Unfortunately my schedule makes it rather hard to arrange games, but I do try to put my currently around 1,600 point Raven Guard army to some use once in a blue moon.

Other than that, I make a living as a Project Manager in an investment company, and spend significant part of the weekends singing and playing guitar in a heavy metal band. Additionally, I am an avid writer, and have five finished novel-length works, plus quite a few short stories. Two of my novel-length works can probably be classified as fan-fiction, and directly tie to WH40K universe (one a little more absurd than another, but ah well... both of them were mostly attempts to work on some writing techniques).

Finally, as I mentioned, I run a forum at http://www.counter-factual.net/upload . While it mostly deals with alternate/counterfactual history (i.e. the "what-ifs") and fiction writing, there is a small population of 40K affictionados on there as well, so it is not completely off-topic to the subject of this forum.

So, nice to meet you all! ;)

Twisthammer - alternate history reimagining of Warhammer 40,000

Conqueror - Book One of Twisthammer (novel)

Midgard - melodic death metal

My Amazon author page

Brother Tuditanus

Brother Tuditanus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 425 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Wolves
I'll leave the last name out of the mix, but first name is Jeremy. Living about two hours outside of Detroit, Michigan, in what has to be the most dried up carcass of gaming possibilities ever. The only thing even resembling a club here is a modeling society with a defunct website mostly dedicated to model airplanes and tanks. I'm, as of this week, enrolling in nursing school to become an RN, looking at the first downpayment to begin construction on mine and my wife to be's house, and awaiting news from the doctor on whether or not the missus and I should plan for twins. I've gamed with 40k since just about the turn of 4th Ed. from 3rd, but have followed and been a fan for far longer. I still remember drooling over my best friend's dad's massive collection of 40k. Other than that, give me a shout via PM, glad to have found an active and helpful forum. I may not be contributing much, but hopefully soon i'll find the camera charger and be able to share with you some meager paintings!

"And lo, when the fog had risen, so did their howls, keen to raise the hackles of every cur and hunter. Murderous they were, those Sons of Fenris, and bloody their axes.. Through fire and death, charged the Wolves of Russ, and of foe-men left none alive.." - Soren, Skald to Wolf Lord Bulveye of the 13th Great Company, Astartes Legio VI, taken from the "Brothers Keeper" Saga-

Sith_Morbid

Sith_Morbid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts
Hello

I'm Sith_Morbid, brand new to B&C.

Some facts:

Name: Nik
Armies: CSM, Orks

Picture:
Posted Image

Edited by Sith_Morbid, 29 July 2009 - 04:15 AM.

Typical Cricket

Typical Cricket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 349 posts
  • Chapter Name: White Scars
Hey guys, I just signed up because this looks like a cool place to be! Here's my info:

Name: Andrew
Armies: Just a single lonely Marine...

And I hope to see you around on the forums.
Follow me if I advance.
Kill me if I retreat.
Avenge me if I die.

My seldom-updated WIP thread
Comment on it! You'll make me happy!
My YouTube channel

Attea

Attea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts
Hi all! I've been a lurker for quite some time now...no more!!

Name: André
Armies: DYI SM "The Emperor's Blades" (pictures asap)
Interests: modelling, painting, airsoft, fish tanks!!!

Best regards.

Brunensteiner

Brunensteiner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 207 posts
  • Chapter Name: SPACE WOLVES
Ive just joined here-Im Brunensteiner or Kren,Im 27 and I live in Australia.
I got into GW via Space Crusade in 1993 I think
My first proper 40k mini was Leman Russ and I have collected wolves ever since.
Only in the past few years have I gotten back into 40k-deciding to finish the Space Wolf army I collected back when I was a teenager in the 2nd edition glory days...and paint them all hehehe
This seems to be a great forum and I have been reading for a little while now and have decided to take the plunge and sign up.
For The Wolftime!!!

Captain Juan Juarez

Captain Juan Juarez

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,518 posts
Ave Inperator!
Lol.

Name: Martin
Race: 89% Human

Bio: I'm not a gamer... Lol. I got into 40k and to a lesser extent WHFB around a decade ago after picking up a copy of White Dwarf.
Since then I've kept up to date as much as I can with things and I do love to read the Black Library works (despite glaring incosistencies that have been pointed out). My interest is more from a literary standpoint, my passion being that of writing and I've finally given in to the urge to write 'fan fiction' based around a Chapter of Space Marines I knocked up in around 10 minutes.
The Chapter being the Wrahounds, designed helpfully by the Painter this site provides (Go B&C.com!) and which will feature, along with Captain Juan Juarez, in the fan fiction mentioned, The Loyal Hound.

My knowledge of rules and history is not complete, and in regards to the rules is fairly non-existent lol, but I do love the scope of the Imperium and the various Xenos races.

So, you know... Howdy!
" They made you to be untouched by God or mortal. As I cannot kill you, so I curse you, not with death but with life.

I curse you - with the pain of ten thousand days in the Dark Place, with the life's blood of a mage's sacrifice, with Death's authority held in my hands.

I curse you, and I strike your name from history, stripped of arrogance and pride, empty of the self you once knew, gutted of all you are. I take your name and all you have won by the strength of your hand. I curse you for eternity, to find only darkness where once you knew your own face.

And I dub you the Ragged Man."

Shibukowboy

Shibukowboy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts
  • Chapter Name: Storm Talons
Hi all, I'm a long time lurker on the forums, who's finally decided to get involved and actually register to the B&C!

Name: Matt
From/Location: Originally from Leeds, UK - but currently living and working in Shibukawa, Japan
Armies: DIY SM Chapter (Storm Talons) and DIY Eldar Craftworld (Illenieth)

I've been into WH40K since the late eighties (Oh my god am I that old!) but over the last 20 years or so have been an on and off gamer/painter with breaks of a year or more on several occassions! I am a keen modeller/painter who doesn't play as much as I'd like to nowadays, but still enjoys the gaming aspect of the hobby. In my time I have collected Space Wolves, Chaos Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Eldar and Space Marines.

Most experience is with 4th and 5th Ed. and am currently enjoying building up a sizeable DIY C:SM Army :D
"In the Emperor we trust - but just incase, keep it loaded"

QUOTE (c-wrex @ Aug 26 2009, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Night Bringer would drop a shiny living metal turd when he thought about causing that much death.

Archangel Vitae

Archangel Vitae

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts
Hello. I've been a lurker for a while, but finally decided to register, because this Forum rocks!

Name: Ryu
Armies: Blood Angels and Chaos Space Marines

Been in the hobby for nigh a decade, but rarely actually play. I'm more into the collecting and painting aspect, though I'm still very much interested in the fluff and the ever-evolving rules.
Cheers!

Commander Remiel

Commander Remiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 309 posts
  • Chapter Name: Chapter 333 (no name yet)
Name: Devin.
Occupation: Many things in the past but currently between jobs (unemployed that is).
Location: At my computer. Oh, you mean in the world ... Saskatchewan, Canada.
Armies: Space Marines, Dark Angels and Legion of the Damned (love the figures and their fluff).

Been in the hobby for nigh a decade, but rarely actually play. I'm more into the collecting, converting and painting aspect. I am also very interested in the fluff particularly the novels. And also the perpetually evolving rules. I am slowly building an Apocalypse sized Marine force but I have seen glaciers move faster.

I am also into BattleTech miniatures. I, however, have played it quite a bit. My collection of BattleTech miniatures in no way rivals my Space Marines (in number or cost).
Commander Remiel - Free Thinker, Thought Pirate, Accumulator of Detritus, and Annoyance to the Inquisition
(aka I have lots of ideas but steal more, am a pack rat, and am a pain in the butt)

Fan, Supporter and Collector of

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users