Cosmic Space Knights (of doom)

Doghouse

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/COSMICSPACEKNIGHTS.jpg

+++Chapter Cross-Reference - Cosmic Space Knights (of doom)+++
+++Inquisitorial Clearance - Oh...I don't know...let's say...erm...blue?+++
+++Current Chapter Base: Fortress monestry known as "The Frat House"+++
+++This Transmission is available from all good record stores+++

Origins

The exact founding of the Cosmic Space Knights (of doom) is...well to be honest your guess is as good as mine. There is great debate between the Masters of the chapter as to who their Progenitor Chapter is as well, initially they were thought to be successors of the Ultramarines but then someone pointed out that Space Wolves were a bit more flexible when it came to Codex organisation when it came to prayers and schedules and stuff. After a few too many serious drinking session that resulted in the destruction of the Chapter Master's personal Thunderhawk they decided to rethink things and agrred that they were infact Blood Angels successors.
The whole unquenchable rage thing and drinking blood wasn't really working out for them so they became Black Templars but after a few Crusades went rather badly for them they switched back to Ultramarines before finally settling on Dark Angels because they are all dark, brooding and mysterious which is pretty cool.

The Artificer Crisis
During the thirty eighth...or was it the thirty nineth...no wait...I'm pretty sure it was the thirty eighth millenium the Chapter faced it's greatest challenge to date. Due to the constant switching of Progenitor Chapters the Artificers were getting a bit fed up of having to repaint the Chapter's suits of power armour all the time. Together with the Serfs they formed the Union of Servitors and Chapter Serfs and promptly when on strike.
After lengthy negotiations with Supreme Grand Chapter Master Slab Benchpress it was agreed that they would only paint the shoulder pads of the armour in chapter colours, in return the Chapter Master agreed not to abandon them all on the nearest Tyranid infested world.

Homeworld
The Chapter is fleet based after their homeworld was tragically destroyed. Exact details are unknown but it is thought to have had something to do with a couple of bored Scouts playing "shoot the can off the Servitor's head" close to the Fortress Monestry's armoury at the time.

Chapter Colours
The armour of the Chapter has been unpainted since the Great Artificer Crisis with the exception of the shoulderpad insert and chest aquila which are painted red.

sm.php?bpe=9E9E9E&bpj=737373&bp=9E9E9E&bpc=9E9E9E&hdt=9E9E9E&hdm=9E9E9E&hdl=9E9E9E&ey=C20000&er=9E9E9E&pi=1C1B1B&nk=9E9E9E&ch=9E9E9E&eg=E60000&sk=FF0000&abs=808080&bt=9E9E9E&cod=9E9E9E&ull=9E9E9E&lk=9E9E9E&lll=9E9E9E&lft=9E9E9E&url=9E9E9E&rk=9E9E9E&lrl=9E9E9E&rft=9E9E9E&slt=9E9E9E&sli=E60000&srt=9E9E9E&sri=E60000&ula=9E9E9E&lel=9E9E9E&lla=9E9E9E&lw=9E9E9E&lh=9E9E9E&ura=9E9E9E&rel=9E9E9E&rla=9E9E9E&rw=9E9E9E&rh=9E9E9E&bg=9E9E9E&rb=474747&gr=474747&grid=TRUE

Organisation
The exact organisation of the Chapter depends on which Chapter that they have decided they are currently Successors of.

Battlecry
"Everyone, remember where we parked!"

Chapter Traits

Unknown Progenitors
The Chapter uses whatever is the latest Codex to be released and alters it's organistion to suit.

Shoddy Workmanship
Since losing their dental plan the servitors and chapter serfs have become slackers. Where once they took pride in their positon within the chapter they've come to realse that the Battle Brothers are overbearing, arrogant jerks and little attention is paid to the finer points of weapon and armour construction.
Any model may include moldlines on their armour or weapons at no additional cost.

And They Shall Have No Clue
The CSK(od) are notoriously bad at organisation of any kind. Many battles have been won simply because they have overrun enemy positions thinking they were retreating to their own lines (Cross Reference: See Battlecry). Many times their have halted their route to bicker amongst themselves as to who had the Thunderhawk keys last and who's stupid idea was it to come here in the first plase?
The CSK(od) benefit from the And They Shall Know No Fear special rules.

WIP Supreme Grand Chapter Master Slab Benchpress (Character model with too much wargear)

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/DSC02095_00.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/DSC02097_00.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/DSC02096_00.jpg

This is Supreme Grand Chapter Master Slab Benchpress.
Slab Benchpress is the current Supreme Grand Chapter Master and has been in charge of the chapter for the last two weeks after the previous Master "popped out to the store for some milk and smokes" and never returned.
The idea behind the model is that he's got far too much wargear and as he's swung the hammer he's trying not to topple over backwards.

Next...Bruvva Grimtoof

Great fluff, great concept, great model. :D

You've done it again, Doghouse. I'm getting really addicted to your models and all the stuff around them. I've even thought about starting a 30k army after snooping around on your site (even though I'm not that a great modeler).

Oh, and a nice paint job ;)

Thanks guys! ;)

I was a bit worried that people might thought I'd lost the plot slightly. ;)

Psychologic: Brilliant stuff! There will be loads of ideas on my site to help people of all skill levels eventually, feel free to drop by anytime. :)

*still laughing out loud in the house, waking mom and dad who are already asleep :jaw:*

seriously i just laughed out loud and my dad came to look what all the fuss was about :o

awesome IA entry m8 :D cant wait to see the rest of the command squad

ps. the commander can have loads more wargear, he can still move after all ^_^

Thanks guys. :rolleyes:

Barret: If it's any help the right leg is the kneeling leg from the tactical squad and the left is a standard marine leg.

Demoulius: Oops...sorry about that...make sure you apologise to your dad for me (in the morning that is...). :)

I'm adding extra wargear at the moment, stuff like an auspex, purity banners, etc.

Well, I'm glad people are finding these guys funny. I know it's pretty sad but I laugh every time I read their battle cry again. It just seemed perfect for them. I just hope the other squad members go down as well. :)

Thanks, DG, that's what I guessed.

It amuses me that, even when you're doing a "throwaway" squad, the conversion is still both well-done and ingenious. :pinch:

I love the concept.

reminds me of a necrmunder gang concept some friends and i came up with, things like Juve in a ball, thi mini that offered the smallest target, Heavy with long barreled las cannon for extra range, "cloaked ganger" model and base painted the same colour as scenary so oponent forgets about him

I have suggestions for your command squad,

trooper .... with extra long barrel weapon, helps players without scruples measure those long distances.

Apothecary ..... with really large base helps to be in 6" of mini's

Standard brearer ......... holding banner in teeth or balancing on head to keep his hands free for weapons,

BTW I am supprised Slab is not sporting this seasons Adamantite mantle with Iron Halo over his Designer Artificer armour

Thanks guys! More pictures later this afternoon. :)

Brother iKon: Thanks for the suggestions mate. So far I have a company champion, medic, standard bearer, proxy marine and vet sergeant planned for the squad. I'd like to add more to the command squad but these guys use the DA Codex.

I wasn't really expecting anyone to like them to be honest so I haven't put too much effort into them.

Looks like I'm going to have to up my game a little. :)

Marovingean: Yeah, but I'm adding something to the model to show the artificers/chapter serfs dislike for the marines to make up for it. :)

Hubbynz: But...but...but...it's supposed to be a serious army, why does everyone keep laughing at my Chapter??? ;) :)

Cheers guys! :)

Doctor Thunder: Hmmm, that's not too far off what I've done with him actually...weird. :blink:

Quick Update...

WIP Bruvva Grimtoof (Proxy Marine)

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/DSC02111_00.jpg

Something about Bruvva Grimtoof isn't quite...well...right. Like so much of the Chapter's history little is known of his origins but he turned up claimiing to be a lost member of the Chapter. Coincidently it was just about the same time as the CSK(od) departed from Armageddon.

He had his own set of power armour (which was suspiciously like Brother Redshirt's armour before he went behind a large rock on his own to check for energy readings and was never seen again) so they figured his story checked out.

Bruvva Grimtoof is a proxy marine. These are the models that players use to "represent" a marine when they don't have enough models. Rather than just use an Ork model I decided to give him a crude form of power armour so that he can pass himself off as a marine. I've given him a bolt gun metal basecoat and a quick wash of a brown ink/blazing orange mix.

I'm going to have to go back and tidy him up first before tackling the highlights and stuff.

:blink: Amazing! I love it! This is the funniest army I've ever seen, and the fact that you actually put effort into them is what makes them so good, usually when people do stuff like this they just slap together random bits, use plastic glue to seal gaps , slap on some crap apitn and done! but your guys actually look good!

Archived