Cosmic Space Knights (of doom)

Doghouse

Be careful what you wish for, I know I'm going to regret this but I've started the new commander and his command squad and have dusted off the Fire Magnet...consider the following as a place holder. :rolleyes:

In the swirling vortex of the warp a single spark of light set against the maelstrom of unimaginable colours bobbed on a sea of emotional tides and eddies like a lost piece of drift wood. With little will of it's own the insignificant shapeless sentient form drifted in and out of consciousness as it desperately clung to life.

As the region of the ether became to calm it mustered it's last ounce of strength and reached out into the material world, searching for some hidden treasure, a tiny jewel of hope that it could cling to for dear life.

In the grim darkness of the future where there was only war there seemed to be no hope, despair and cruelty had long since salted the lands rendering it almost impossible for it's seed to take root. Just as all seemed lost the creature found the tiniest essence, as a small child on a back water Agri-world giggled at his father's mindless attempt to amuse the boy with a game of peek-a-boo as he lay in his crib. The tiniest of surges of power coursed through his form, harnessing this energy he reached out further searching for the spark of the souls of the dull-witted and the accident prone. On the small planet of Hubran, a feudal world that existed blissfully with no knowledge of the greater universe, a small group of farm workers laughed heartily at the misfortune of one of their co-workers as he struck his thumb with a hammer. With a patience that no mortal could comprehend he reached out further still, a lowly scribe miss-judging the placement of his chair as he sat down heavily onto the hard stone floor, a dock worker attentively staring at one of the local bar girls not watching where he was going cursed as he walked straight into one of the street lights that he had passed hundreds of times routinely, drawing on these misfortunes the life form began to grow in power.

At great risk it tried to force it's will and influence into the realm of man, it needed a little more than a single champion, an unwittingly inept pawn that he could control to his own ends.

It was on the world of Trasken Falls that he found such a worthless entity, a latent psyker that had little understanding of of his powers that barely registered with the warp. An insignificant being that bought calamity and ruin to whatever he touched.

As the lowly guardsman stood watch at his post he had no knowledge of the dark force that now preyed upon his soul in the warp as he absentmindedly tossed the skin of the Brananna fruit that he had been eating over his shoulder. With great assertion the being began to manipulate the path of fate, the adjutant in his freshly pressed and cleaned uniform hurried across the compound as he struggled with his vision obscured with arms full of paper work and files. He placed his foot with full weight on the discarded fruit skin as his legs flipped out from under him sending his carefully ordered and signed in triplicate forms into the air as he fell face first into the mud. With a casual breath the being scattered them to the wind as he reveled in the unfolding calamity.

A bike messenger roared into the camp and the entity saw it's chance as it wrapped a drifting sheet of paper around his face causing him to lose control violently as he tore through a squad of disciplined marching soldiers sending them scattering for safety and into the path of the incoming Leman Russ battle tank.

The mighty machine veered sharply to avoid the poor messenger as the lowly guardsman stared in disbelief as the feeling of utter dread took hold in his gut as he watched the tank veer sharply towards the General's command tent. The words of warning getting stuck in this throat he watched helplessly as he saw his meager military career flash before his eyes.

As abruptly as it had turned the tank came to a grinding halt stopping mere centimeters from from the canvas canopy. The top hatch of the Russ swung open with a heavy clang as the tank commander emerged screaming obscenities in low gothic. With a heavy sigh of relief the lowly guardsman sat down on the crates behind him.

There was a single but all too familiar heavy metallic click.

Knowing that full well what that sound was he looked down to confirm his worst fear with a grimmace. The edges of the anti-tank mine stuck out from beneath his legs as he let out one last final groan of defeat before being blown apart in a red cloud of mist.

In the now calmed region of the warp that the entity dwelled there was a single blast of radiant light as the roar of insane laughter echoed through the Immaterium. Across the Imperium of man the self righteous, the cynical and the down right obnoxiously serious tossed and turned in their sleep briefly before returning to their slumber.

On a long forgotten battlefield the winds carried a single haunting battle cry shouted out in unison by a thousand voices.

"EVERYONE, REMEMBER WHERE WE PARKED!"

And in poorly lit office somewhere on the outskirts of Imperial space a lowly former Imperial Governor paused in his duties as he registered an ever so slight facial tic before thinking nothing more of it as he continued with his work.

In the Warp something terribly ancient smiled to itself.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread!

I just read out loud all of the story posts trying to narrate it like an audio book and I've been laughing so much that my throat is all dry XD

Keep them coming, I really want to see what happens next!

Well I finally made it through this thread (which I heard about ages ago but never found) and I have to say that this is hilarious stuff mate :)

Looking forward to seeing a substantial update, at your convenience of course :)

Truly exceptional! I can't believe its taken me until now to see this thread! All the work you've done in it is truly incredible and very enjoyable! Someday I hope to see their codex taken on by GW...although I'm sure it would effectively be whatever chapter they had chosen to be at the time with their logo on the front :o

Once I started looking I had to read all 28 odd pages all at once! Its quite a (Page turning?) thread!

Cheers guys. :D

I'm making a serious attempt at getting the command squad sorted at the moment but this time I'm going truescale because it means I can get more detail into the models and have some fun with them. I'll try and get some shots up asap but all the main characters are being reworked right now starting off with Chapter Master Slab Benchpress and Bruvva Grimtoof.

I'm not sure whether I'll ever get these guys to a full army but I think if I can get all the main characters done then I'll be happy with that.

Aaaaahhhhhhhh yyeeeaaaaahhhhhh !!!! Doghouse is back with the CSK (....oD) !!! Can't wait to see whats next.

About a month ago I re-read the whole thread again, which inspired me to make a couple of Battle Brothers that never got models yet. I've a Brother Scrounger, complete with rations tin, a Brother Toilet-Brush, with magnetized legs, one sitting one standing. I also thought about a new member, Brother Potty-Mouth,who is covered head-to-toe n black purity seals, one for each cuss-word used on the current engagement.

Cheers,

Jono

Grotsmasha: Sounds good mate, Brother Scrounger has been promoted now to veteran brother scrounger and will be making an appearance in the command squad, might be the new standard bearer.

ScottishSmurf96: Sounds a bit technical for the CSK(...od). :) I was considering having a bunch of marines trying to push start a rhino for the command squad funnily enough.

Togusa-san: Yeah and over 163 thousand views on this site alone. From the literally hundreds of PMs that I've received over the years about these guys the background material and concept seems to be more popular than the models themselves so I'm going to try and turn that around a bit.

Main problem with the CSK's is that they are so time consuming to make but I am having fun with the new version of the command squad right now. Bruvva Grimtoof is a bit stop start but the others are coming along nicely. Slab is looking really nice right now.

• 1 year later...

Ok as it is pretty late here I'm going to keep this short and simple.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/004-2.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/005-1.jpg

These are the first two guys that I am making from left over bits and miscasts while working on my Iron Warriors for the bit bash. I can't for the life of me remember the guys name but the first one I am working on is the guy that has a ration can for a helmet from one of of the earlier stories.

I'm thinking about using the BT Chapter tactics so I can mix chapter serfs into the squad.

Archived