Cosmic Space Knights (of doom)

Doghouse

LMAO!!! AC unit in the back of the dread.... :) You could have have a window in the front of the dread showing the member inside enjoying a nice brisk Ice Tea. Maybe a few icicles hanging down... :woot:

Thanks guys! Great suggestions as well :D

Right, it update time.

The Greatest Disaster Since the Last Greatest Disaster!

Seeing as all the STC templates for their vehicles had been destroyed along with ninety percent of the Chapter itself they knew that should the Adeptus Mechanicus find out then they was bound to get in trouble.

It was decided that they would have to start from scratch creating vehicles of their own design that might pass for the originals from a distance...if you sort of squinted at them...through thick fog...well, maybe if you closed one eye completely and it was extremely dark or you were blind drunk.

So while the Chapter Master set about stalling the Magos of the Adeptus Mechanicus the rest of the Chapter set about creating new vehicles assisted by the Servitors and Chapter Serfs Union (who mysteriously never lost anyone in the destruction of their homeworld).

The "Fire Magnet" Pattern Predator

This is the first of the vehicles for the chapter. I'm starting off with the "Foe-Fether" pattern twin linked las-cannon for the turret and am scratchbuilding everything except the wheels and the tracks which I'm scrounging from my bits box.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/DSC02134_00.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/DSC02128_00.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/DSC02137_00.jpg

Here's a quick update on the Supreme Grand Chapter Master. I've added some extra bits including a parchment showing the true appreciation of the Servitors and Chapters Serfs Union. Got to clean the paint work up but it'll give you general idea.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/DSC02124_00.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/DSC02120_00.jpg

Rofl I love it, if its cool with you im def making a kill team based off your army, tho im def going to have to wait till I tonight (Last weekend of my sophmore yr in college <_< ) before I can come up with sweet fluff for them lol

Funny parodies of typical 40K phenomena. I loved Bruvva Grimtoof, and the Master is very funny with his pose and the Kick Me purity seal. He doesn't seem like he has all that much wargear though; some embellishment may be necessary to really justify his falling back (A power fist on top of the hammer, a meltagun "mounted" (Taped) to the stormbolter, a very large Terminator honors?). Right now, that Storm Bolter doesn't look like it's quite that heavy. ;)

Surprised you didn't make a joke out of the "Lays"cannon, as people normally bring that up (Followed by Coke Missile Launcher references or Doritos Grenades remarks).

Very funny so far, though I normally spend my time writing serious fluff, I can appreciate some good humor. :) The only thing I really want to say is that originally, the Chapter Serfs and Servitors unionized in the 38th (39th?) millenium, and negotiations took place with a Chapter Master who strangely has the same name as the current Chapter Master. I understand it's all a joke and whatnot, but still, I can't help myself. :)

That "Kick Me" note made me choke on my beer. Thanks a lot. :)

I'm normally not a fan of "funny" armies (you know, Smurf Goblins and Sesame Street World Eaters and such) but your Cosmic Space Knights (of doom) are - so far - great. They match The Emperor's Pointy Sticks in brilliance. :)

You forgot to add mouldlines on Bruvva Grimtoof, by the way. ;)

although i have only just started 40k, i have already vowed to put a CSK(od) in a DW killteam (along with an EPS marine). In the way of ideas, i think there should be a Plasma gunner (possibly plasma pistol) that is holding the weapon as far away from his face as possible, facing away with his eyes shut as he fires hoping it doesnt overheat. Also, the Ex Emperors Champ should be dragging (leaning backwards to move with facial features portraying extreme physical exertion) a rediculously large power sword.

Doghouse: With the pred, and the lascannon being so huge, here are my suggestions:

- incredibly small chassis

- Different sized sponsons (left big, right smmal) thus causing the predator to tilt to one side

- windscreen wipers

great job, when is Big mc Huge or summing coming? and don't just say soon...

Thanks guys! ;)

Here's the original concept doodle I made that has now become the blue prints so you can see where I'm heading with this monster.

Hands up all those who expected it to look like this?

I still have to build the track sections and the heavy bolters will be fixed around the sides to represent sponsons.

I've been getting a lot of requests and PMs asking if it's ok to make killteams/deathwatch versions of the CSK(od) and I have no problem with other people including them in their armies. :)

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/DSC02144_00.jpg

And here's the update.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/DSC02145_00.jpg

The Fire Magnet pattern Predator is more unconventional looking than most being the brain child of Techmarine Biff Bulkhead.

Since they' lost their STCs they been forced to improvise. With all their Techmarines dead they've had to promote a few marines to the rank of Techmarine in order to continue making weapons and stuff. Unfortunately they're not very imaginative and despite what the others say the Techmarines have been hard at work and did not spend all their time sat around drinking beer before slapping something together at the last minute that was inspired by an empty beer can.

Besides, big guns are cool!

The Fire Magnet pattern Predator is more unconventional looking than most being the brain child of Techmarine Biff Bulkhead.

Since they' lost their STCs they been forced to improvise. With all their Techmarines dead they've had to promote a few marines to the rank of Techmarine in order to continue making weapons and stuff. Unfortunately they're not very imaginative and despite what the others say the Techmarines have been hard at work and did not spend all their time sat around drinking beer before slapping something together at the last minute that was inspired by an empty beer can.

Besides, big guns are cool!

Yay, there went my beer all over my keyboard again. :)

Archived