Space Wolves the Pack expansion

Fellow Wolves,

Here is your chance to really make an impression on our Great Wolf Logan Grimnar, or at the very least get a fig or two painted. I present to you the first (of hopefully many):

Spacwolves (13th Co) Painting Challenge

We all have something on our painting tables that we have to finish, and here's your motivation to expand your crusade.

How it works:

- From now until Monday June 4th you may take the 'bottle of fine Ale'. You may commit to painting any legal item for your Space Wolves army. It could be an independent character, a squad, or even a vehicle.

- After June 4th, new Ale will not be accepted. Afterwards you will have a few weeks to complete your paint job and take a picture of your new addition to your crusade and add it to this topic.

- You will have until June 30st, 2007 to complete your paint job. In total that gives you over five weeks to complete your Ale and post your picture.

- To a large degree this will work on an honour system. Please commit to an unpainted model for your army. It can be assembled, even primed, but not painted. Although you don't have to take a before picture, you must post a completed picture to truly fulfill the oath. The picture is mostly for verification so it does not have to be a super high quality picture.

What do you get for completing the oath?

You would think that expanding your Pack would be enough, but there's more... You will be noted in this thread before it is locked as having finished your model (once you post your picture). You will also have the honour (if you so desire) to have your picture added to a Wolf Painting Challenge sticky at the top of the forum (which will be added later). There is also a small 'reward banner' I have created that you will be able to add to your signature file. This banner will righteously note that you have accepted, and completed the challenge of expanding your pack. The banner will be hot linked to the Gallery where your work will be displayed for all to admire or fear. (note that someone else should make a fine banner and take care of that cause i'am not realy good at that)

The Ale of Completion

Great Wolf Logan has issued the order to expand your Pack. Will you answer the challenge? By taking this ale, you are committing to the following:

I will fully paint (and base) any one legal squad, character, independent character, or vehicle(s) for my Pack. I will have this model completed by no later than June 30st, 2007. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

Important notes:

- Remember, the picture doesn't have to be perfect. If you don't want to have it added to the Challenge gallery, it doesn't have to be (though I don't know why you would deny yourself the honour. )

- If you need somewhere to host your pictures, remember that as a member of the B&C you have access to your own gallery space. If you need help with this, please let me know.

- Only participants who complete the challenge will be allowed to use the banner recognizing their contribution to their pack. If I see you using the banner and you haven't completed your ale, I will send a Greyhunter to your house to poke you in the eye, then your banner will be unceremoniously removed.

Spacewolves who have taken the up the botle of the finest Ale of Fenris:

BTW: could use some help with keeping track of all the entries, maybe a mod could help somewhat here.

I WGBL Foe_Hammer do swear by Russ and to the Fang and on this bottel of fine ale ... ( Looks around frantically. :( I'm at work ! Aha ! grabs a bottle of arizona green tea . A proxie ! ) that I will paint my new venerable Dreadnought ,which I have allready converted and primed ,before the end of this challenge. ( drinks proxied ale :ermm: dont worry guys I will get a real ale at home ! :woot: ) FOR RUSS !

I've been looking for a good reason to get off my butt and get some stuff done...

I will fully paint (and base) any one legal squad, character, independent character, or vehicle(s) for my Pack. I will have this model completed by no later than June 30st, 2007. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

(though I have to warn that my painting skills are somewhat lackluster... :)

Aye! As i promied I will take this oath.

I swear on the fine brew of the Fang that I will paint, base and model one full grey hunter pack with Wolf Guard Leader!

This should make me start my painting again..

// Isdrion

Ah well, here goes....I hereby commit that I will finally get my new Forgeworld termies up and running, based and ready to go by the end of June in the Name of Grimnar and Russ himself.

Gulp. :P

Nightrunner!

I max_dammit hereby swear an oath that i will get my thralls together to creat a totum so my wolves can be seen afar and strike fear in our enemy's hearts.

My oath will be forthcoming. As I stated in the other post concerning this paint-a-thon, I am going to be ordering the metal pads for all of my troops within the week, plus the Bjorn/ Venerable Dreadnought. Once they come in, I will be in a position to properly state my oath.

Awww what the heck.... Here goes nothing... I swear to convert and paint a new Rune Priest in termi armour and finish my W.I.P 13th Co. Company! Which means I have to finish 30 Grey Slayers, 5 Long Fangs, 10 Storm Claws, 10 wolves, a Wolf Priest and a Lord on a bike. :)

Edit: spelling

I'd like to see an update on the list of people who ha staken the oath :wallbash: And then maybe this should become a sticky if some of the mods would be kind to us. It seems to disappear down the page quite quickly.

// Isdrion

Here's a list of people and their oaths so far:

Foe_Hammer: Venerable Dreadnought

Brother Renn: PENDING

Quillen: PENDING

Cry Wolf: Wolf Guard Leader

Streamdragon: One legal pack, vehicle, Independent Character, Character

Isdrion: One Grey Hunter Pack with Wolf Guard Leader and a BC bike pack together with my Wolf Priest on bike

Nightrunner: Wolf Guard Terminators

Max_Dammit: Wolf Totem?

Guiness Drinking Dwarf: Wolf Priest

Redmane: Attack Bike

Iacton Qruze: Wolf Priest + Retinue

Ulrak: Wolf Guard and the old long fang sergeant

Bjorn Firewolf: Grey Hunter Pack and Wolf Guard Leader

Barek: A new Rune Priest and finish my WIP (and TTQ) 13th Co

Freebooter: Pack of Grey Hunters and a Wolf Guard Pack Leader

Bran Scalphunter: 13th Company Wolf Lord on Bike and 15 Fenrisian Wolves

LoneSniperSG: Dreadnought

That's it so far. If anyone else joins, please PM me and I'll update the list. Also, when you finish, let me know and I'll make a notation.

Renn

I Bran Scalphunter, do swear by Russ and all that is Fenrisian that I will paint and base my 13th Company Wulfen Biker Lord and a fifteen strong Fenrisian wolf pack by above-said date. I stake my rank as Lord of the Wulfen-kind that I will complete said oath.

I quess I could take another oath to finish my bike pack and their Wolf Priest. I have already begun working on them so:

I swear to compleate my bike pack together with my Wolf Priest on bike!

Add that to the GH's I have already sworn to finish!

// Isdrion

I swear an oath to Russ that I will paint a wolf guard and the old long fang sergeant,

As additions to my great company. May Russ tweak my beard and steal my ale if

I tell an untruth. :P

Archived