Index Astartes: Angels of Destruction

Onisuzume

Angels of Destruction

Origins

The Forming

After the Lion's speech, a group of Dark Angels broke away to the Cadian Gate, planning to wait there for the Lion to return and to follow Him into the Eye of Terror. The journey went without problems, and they arived in fair time at the Cadian Gate and waited for the Lion to join them.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/Onisuzume/Dark%20Angels/Colour%20Schemes/DarkAngelsPre-Heresy.jpg

Pre-Heresy Dark Angel.

They waited for several months for the Lion's return, and little did they know of what happened at Caliban. Grand Master Mordekai decided to send a message to Caliban, asking what happened to the Lion.

After a few weeks he recieved word of what had happened. And, in his anger, ordered his fleet to plunge into the Eye of Terror, to exact vengeance upon their fallen brethren.

The Eye of Terror

As the name suggests, the Eye of Terror is a place that can drive the most hardened man insane, and yet they entered. As they appeared out of the warp, Grand Master Mordekai adressed the fleet; he told of what happened at Caliban and that vengeance was theirs. That it was their holy duty to make their fallen brothers repent, or to kill them if they didn’t.

While they were in the Eye of Terror, the other Chapters captured the Cadian Gate and constructed defences in its place. Making sure that noone could leave or enter the Eye of Terror without them knowing.

This effectively lock both the Chaos Chapters as well as Grand Master Mondekai’s fleet inside the Eye of Terror.

The Change

They fought many battles in the Eye of Terror on various daemonworlds. It happened on an Slaaneshi daemonworld; they were struck by the vile magicks of Slaaneshi psykers, changing their very essence and mutating their geneseed. Fearing the worst, they withdrew from the planet to see what had happened to them. Their Apothecaries examined their geneseed and noticed only one small change, a change too horrible to reveal to the Imperium, or even to their own Legion Brothers outside the Eye of Terror.

In reflection of the change, they changed their Chapter structure, as well as their names. Grand Master Mordekai announced this to the Chapter, as well as his namechange; changing his name into Grand Mistress Onisuzume. They would be Battle Brothers no more, instead they would refer to each other as Battle Sisters.

The Escape

After their restructuring, they decreed that they would leave the Eye of Terror. Making their way to the Cadian Gate, they noticed that they would appear to be an Chaos Invasion to the defenders on Cadia, thus they decided to search for an other way to leave.

Their chance came with the Gothic War, which opened a second path into the Eye of Terror which the legions of Chaos used to launch one of their Black Crusades. Grand Mistress Onisuzume ordered her fleet to follow their Chaos brethren out, and into the Gothic sector.

The Gothic War

With their main priority being their journey to Caliban and rejoin their Legion, they hid for the better part of the Gothic War. Only fighting to preserve their hidden existance, and leaving barely any impact on the Gothic War at all.

Homecoming

After the Gothic War, they set course for Caliban; a journey that took only a few weeks. When they dropped out of the warp, they noticed to their horror that their once beautiful homeworld was no more. Instead of finding a large planet with lush jungles of a verdant green and wide oceans of azure, they found clouds of fine dust, flecked by the occational small astroid.

Their homecomming hadn’t gone unnoticed, however, and soon they were hailed by an Dark Angels strike cruiser. Paniced, Grand Mistress Onisuzume donned her helmet in the hope that it would warp her voice. The captain of the strike cruiser, however, was surprised to find a fleet of Space Marines wearing ancient power armour and bearing the original Dark Angels markings. Thinking them to be fallen, he issued an order to the rest of the Chapter.

The Confrontation

As the rest of the Chapter dropping out of the warp, Grand Mistress Onisuzume hailed the flagship. Greeting the Supreme Grand Master and telling him of their crusade. The librarians examined their archives and noticed that a number of ships had been lost in the warp a few weeks after Caliban was destroyed, ships bearing the same names and markings as the ones they had encountered. Convinced that they spoke true, the Inner Circle called a meeting to decide on the fate of the returned Dark Angels.

Their Fate

With the entire fleet knowing of the fall of the Lion, as well as the Betrayal of Luthor, it was decided that they were to be inducted into the Deathwing. They were to remain unknown to the Imperium so they could focus on hunting the Fallen, and nothing else. It was decided that they were to retain their black armour, while their Chapter Badge was to be changed with a sword broken painted red. Represeting their status as members of the Deathwing, and reminding them of their duty to hunt the Fallen.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/Onisuzume/Dark%20Angels/Colour%20Schemes/AngelofDevastation.png

Angel of Devastation.

Homeworld

Walkura is a system situated north-east of the Gates of Varl, the very edges of Imperial Space. Walkura V, the homeworld of the Angels of Destruction, is a large planet orbited by three moons, which maintain a constant sealevel with little to no ebb or flood. The planet is covered by large mountain ranges and huge forests, as well as a couple of large lakes which are filled with fish. The forests are teeming with wildlife ranging from various small rodents to large and docile cow-like creatures the size of a small house. Tall and foreboding, the mountains are thousands of feet high and are scarecly populated by the most dangerous beasts of the system, which occationally prowl through the forests in search of prey.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/Onisuzume/Dark%20Angels/WalkuraV.jpg

Walkura V.

The local population has regressed into a medieval state ruled over by a matriarchy. They live in small to medium sized communities which are protected by wooden stockades. The land surrounding these small forts has been cleared and is used for agriculture. Become roughly 80% of the population is female, it isn't unusual for women to do work that would normall be done by men on other worlds.

Located in a remote area of the planet is the Chapter's Fortress Monestary. The huge building is easily the size of a small city, if not larger, and houses almost the entire Chapter. It's gothic architecture stretches hundreds of feet into the sky, the main tower is so high that it can be seen

from miles away. Most of the fortress' halls are decorated with statues of angels, many of which also serve as supporting pillars. Many walls are adorned with murals depicting the Chapter's history. The lush forests surrounding the fortress are excellent for training new recruits, or for keeping the Sisters battle ready by means of simulated battles.

Because of the planet's three moons, the planet itself is lacking any form of planetary defences, which have been build upon the moons instead. The moons also serve as the Chapter's production centres, as well as the fleet station.

The moons are also home to the Chapter's Librarium. The Librarians are deemed to dangerous to keep on the planet.

Techmarines live most of their lives on the moons, where they work, live, sleep, eat and train new recruits in the ways of the machine cult.

The Apothecarion is located in a wing of the main fortress on the planet, where they train new apohtecaries, as well as maintain the Chapter's Geneseed.

Combat Doctrine

Though they recieved a copy of the holy Codex Astartes from their Primoginator Chapter, they still follow a mainly Legion-style force. With five or ten strong squads to maximize firepower compared to the menpower used. The Paladins are always fielded in five-strong squads, while the Knights are fielded as either three strong or six strong squads. Optionally, the Knights are fielded with either an attack bike, an land speeder, or both, or as an squad mounted entirely in land speeders.

Organisation

The Chapter follows an non-codex organisation. Squads are drawn from three different reserve companies, which are then put into a company of varying size, depending on the situation and campaign. The first company is always fielded in Tactical Dreadnought Armour and are known as Paladins; the Angels of Destruction's equalevent of the Dark Angels' Deathwing. While the second company is similiar to the Ravenwing. Like all Unforgiven Chapters, the Angels of Destruction have their own Inner Circle. The Supreme Grand Master is the highest ranking member of the Inner Circle, and all Grand Masters and Masters are members to it.

Beliefs

Since over half of the Chapter remembers the time that the Emperor walked among them, they acknowledge Him as a mighty warrior, a great leader, and as father to their Primarch, Lion El'Johnson, though they refuse to accept His divinity. Their Chaplains, however, do preach to the people of Walkura V of the Emperor's divinity, and that they are His Angels.

Geneseed

Their geneseed, though mutated by chaos, is still one of the purest, and has lost none of it's functions. The only differance with the Dark Angels' geneseed is the incompatibility with male genes. And as such, they have to recruit from the planet's female population. Many of who are stronger, tougher, and more capable then the men.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/Onisuzume/Dark%20Angels/StandardofDevastation.jpg

Chapter Standard.

Battlecry

Since tey are still Dark Angels in mentality, they still use the same battlecry as they sed ten thousand years ago.

"Repent! For tomorrow you die!"

Another "why can't Space Marines be chicks" thread? :P . Why can't you just play Witchhunters? I don't undertand it. You guys all want to play females in Power Armor so bad why don't you just use the rules that are already made for them? I just dont get this pre-occupation with female Space Marines. I mean, female Ultramarines is one thing, they've always been a bit fruity, but female Dark Angels? Seriously, I know another name that should be added to the Book of Salvation. :eek

Female ultramarines would be they wrong, they're far too open.

Dark Angels on the other hand are one of the most secretive chapters around, plus they wear dresses(robes!) already.

I don't really like SoBs that much. (rulewise and fluffwise)

And they're not actual marines, they don't even play like marines.

I like dark angels a lot. (rulewise, fluffwise and modelwise)

And besides; I've already planned a cool Azrael/Company Master convertion.

And at least I wrote a lot of background for it...

Another "why can't Space Marines be chicks" thread?

Furthermore, it is possible for marines to be female.

And find me a bit of official fluff that states that only men can become marines. I'm 99% sure that you'll fail.

Besides; chaos did it. :)

ill approve if you give your grandmistress the lion socks... :)

and hurrah to more people playing pre herasy colour scheme dark angels! long live black armour & black robes!

Let's not make this thread a female space marine baxhing thread ok?

And find me a bit of official fluff that states that only men can become marines.

There's an Index astartes that says that zygotes used to build a space marine are only compatible with male hormones.

Anyway, I don't mind female space marines, but you need to explain the mutuation better. You state that the gene-seed was mutated.. but mutation of geneseed doesn't mutate the genetic structure.. so you'll need to make the gene-sed and the DNA to be mutated to expalin how men were transformed into women.

Furthermore, it is possible for marines to be female.

And find me a bit of official fluff that states that only men can become marines. I'm 99% sure that you'll fail.

Besides; chaos did it. :)

Sorry pal, the burden of proof is on you to show me one piece of official fluff that says they can be female. Proving a negative is not a valid debate format. You must proove a positive. In other words, you have to show us it can be done, not us show you it can't. Logic dictates that they can't as every piece of fluff supports them being male.

Furthermore, I swear I read that the process requires a Y chromosome to work, something females seem to be in short supply of. I believe it was in Index Astartes I and I will be damned if I can't find my copy.

And lastly, I believe the entire Sisters of Battle idea was created because there was a group of people (albiet, very small group) who wanted female Marines. GW knowing that their own fluff does not support Marines being female went ahead and created your chicks in power armor. It was a compromise.

Now, when you show me that one, single, itsy, bitsy, teeney weeny, non-existant piece of fluff that supports female marines, then I will help you come up with conversion ideas. Until then, dont blaspheme the Emperor with your chicks in power armor heresey. Go play SoB.

The Change

They fought many battles in the Eye of Terror on various daemonworlds. It happened on an Slaaneshi daemonworld; they were struck by the vile magicks of Slaaneshi psykers, changing their very essence and mutating their geneseed. Fearing the worst, they withdrew from the planet to see what had happened to them. Their Apothecaries examined their geneseed and noticed only one small change, a change too horrible to reveal to the Imperium, or even to their own Legion Brothers outside the Eye of Terror.

In reflection of the change, they changed their Chapter structure, as well as their names. Grand Master Mordekai announced this to the Chapter, as well as his namechange; changing his name into Grand Mistress Onisuzume. They would be Battle Brothers no more, instead they would refer to each other as Battle Sisters.

I love it all apart from the bits quoted above. I think you are venturing into grounds left well alone IMHO. And too wierd as well. Could they not mutate in some other fashion like gaining psychic powers or something? Or perhaps the geneseed self destructs somehow (in which case their name is very apt) so the Chapter needs double the usual number of Apoths etc to keep them going. Perhaps they have more bionic parts too to reflect the fact that even the no-hoper wounded are somehow brought back to fighting condition.

Otherwise loving it :)

Cheers

I

Furthermore, I swear I read that the process requires a Y chromosome to work, something females seem to be in short supply of. I believe it was in Index Astartes I and I will be damned if I can't find my copy.

ok technically seeing as they started as men.. they would have the Y chromosone.. if you think of their mutation in the same light as gender reassignment surgery its easy enough to explain.. slaanesh is meant to be some kind of asexual god of singular breast appearance.. chances are if he really felt like it he could give the "gift" of girlish looks to people.

for the most part if you read through oni's fluff they arent women.. just confused marines with a need for a sports bra.

remember theres a very slim chance that any girl you meet may have been called dave 2 years ago. :teehee:

These considerations mean that only a small proportion of people can become Space Marines. They must be male because zygotes are keyed to male hormones and tissue types, hence the need for tissue compatibility tests and psychological screening

bottom chapter on the page.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/spacemarines/initiation/3/

there can be no female marines..... ever

Except that the whole "zygote" part if worthless if you'd know your biology.

A zygote (Greek: ζυγωτόν) is a cell that is the result of fertilization.

In short: Ovum+Sperm=Zygote.

Now tell me, how are guys supposed to do that?

its probably missing a "the" in there

because "the" zygotes are keyed to male hormones

as opposed to zygotes in general.

basically it is saying that the organs and added parts for space marines are not compatible with the female zygote, hence no female space marines.

These considerations mean that only a small proportion of people can become Space Marines. They must be male because zygotes are keyed to male hormones and tissue types, hence the need for tissue compatibility tests and psychological screening

bottom chapter on the page.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/spacemarines/initiation/3/

there can be no female marines..... ever

Thats the one I was thinking of. As a matter of fact, that looks like it was lifted straight out of Index Astartes I, pics included. I think the use of the word zygote was simply a poor choice of terms.

its probably missing a "the" in there

because "the" zygotes are keyed to male hormones

as opposed to zygotes in general.

basically it is saying that the organs and added parts for space marines are not compatible with the female zygote, hence no female space marines.

Afaik, there are no "male" or "female" zygotes.

You take a male and a female haploid, merge them and stick it into a womb, then you got a zygote, and after a day or 5(for humans) it's an embryo.

Why care? It's his fluff, and they're all in armor anyway. Unless the original poster is planning to modify his suits of power armor with HUMONGOUS brasiers, no one can tell the difference. Let him have his fun.

I doubt that a most chapters would display them much. Especially if it was caused by chaos. (Oh, hello Mr. Inquisitor, I assume you aren't here for a cup of tea?)

Thats the one I was thinking of. As a matter of fact, that looks like it was lifted straight out of Index Astartes I, pics included. I think the use of the word zygote was simply a poor choice of terms.

Afaik, a very poor choice of terms.

Also can someone name a hormone that produced exclusively in a male?

theres a huge amount of testosterone in a male body in comparison to the female body...

but still my explanation of transgender marines hasnt been put down.. as all the marines would still "technically" be male.

C'mon guys. Any more of this "can wimins be Space Marines" and I shall chuck this over to Amicus Aedes, where actually, I am sure this subject has come up before many times.

Remember here, the issue is Space Marines (already male) changing into, er, less male Space Marines. Given the unknown and unbounded powers of Chaos - then maybe. Though it isn't a favourite scenario for me I must admit, but an interesting twist nontheless.

Cheers

I

The idea of female Marines does not bother me and since it's your minis and your money you spent on those minis, do with them whatever you want.

Your background could use some work to make it.....more 40kish..... and I have a few suggestions.

Instead of having your Marines mutate into females why not have their geneseed mutate. Mutate in such a manner that when the geneseed is implanted into new recruits, the recruit dies/goes cray, etc. The apothecaries are scrambling around trying to maintain the number of combat ready Marines. Desparation leads to implantation of female candidates and wham bam thank you ma'am you got a new source of Marines.

Keep the brain juices flowing and you'll come up with something!

r/s

Raz

I would say go ahead with the tranformed ones, who then could not be replaced as the geneseed wouldnt work on females and would probably fail in males as well due to its taint. So then, after several battles you would either A)wear the force to extinction or B)replace it with new, untainted geneseed and therfore replenish the ranks with men once again. You could even have them kill all the females as mutant heretics (thats what any real Marine would do anyway).

Now, before this gets chucked into Amicus, look to the rest of the article.

I did spend a whole afternoon writing it.... (not much, I know)

Except for the origins, since I wrote that back in january.

I'm also working out an estimated chapter strength. (and with all the officers, chaplains, librarians and apothecaries include, it's well over 1000 strong)

theres a huge amount of testosterone in a male body in comparison to the female body...

Which is also produced by the adrenal glands in small amounts.

Thus, sufficient use of adrenal glands could raise the testosterone levels high enough for it to work.

And since the women on the planet have to do the most dangerous jobs. (or rather almost all the jobs)

The chance of a number of them having it potencially high enough is there.

The idea of female Marines does not bother me and since it's your minis and your money you spent on those minis, do with them whatever you want.

Since they'd have to change the regular power armour STC, they'd probably go for artificer-crafted suits, thus limiting the number of more feminine suits so that only high ranking officers could have them. (E.g. Saint Celestine convertion for Azrael/Company Master)

I saw this auction on ebay, and it seemed to fit this thread. Someone has apparently sculpted their own female marines, including terminators!, and put them up for auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Female-Space-Marine-Te...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Female-Space-Marine-Sq...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'd be tempted to buy them just for novelties sake, but the opening bid is a little rich for just a novelty! Especially since they aren't even complete models. (no arms, etc.)

The sculptor attempted to make them look feminine through a couple of different tricks. First, he sculpted on an external brazier - basically, boobs - which I think looks a bit odd. A slightly larger chest would have been better, imho, w/out the actual brazier effect.

But the second trick I see is more subtle and convincing - he sculpted a "princess" waist for them, ie, it looks like a triangular belt-like thing, which gives the effect of a narrower waist.

Overall, I guess I don't really like them - I'd prefer a whole new sculpt of just a more feminine looking model - which could be accomplished w/out the weird external brazier thing.

Just look at Hasselfree's Libby in Powerarmor for a very good example (yes, it has boobs - but not that brazier):

http://hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=185

female in power armor w/ wings: http://www.basementminis.com/miva/merchant...duct_Code=11467

But there are others that very nice and have a completely different look from GW's space marines.

The Ebay ones are simply ugly imo.

Especially the terminator ones, they'd have bigger breasts then Madonna.

And why is it a squad of six?

Don't like the libby one either.

Nor do I like the basementminis one.

Archived