=][= THE CALL OF CHAOS =][=

http://www.duckblindminiatures.com/images/funstuff/mackarel.jpg

Feel free to ask questions in this thread or you can email them to bolterinquisition@gmail.com

Voting

Each person who votes just needs to send a PM to Kurgan the Lurker.
Please include:
Your Top 3 Frater Domus Entries
Your Top 3 Moderator Entries

The order doesn't matter.

Prizes

FIRST PRIZE: One V4 Chaos Battle Force boxed set from Wookiehole.com.
SECOND PRIZE: One Mk. II B&C Army Bag.
THIRD PRIZE: $30 worth of custom resin bases from DragonForgeDesign.

As usual the mods are not competing for prizes but just to contribute to the community.

The mods however will be "blogging" their entries to help keep the contest fresh in everyones mind. You can follow along HERE.

Contest Sponsors

gallery_2_1016_11389.jpg

gallery_2_1016_4684.jpg

hmm..i have bits for a chaos termie lord laying around in a plastic bag just itching to come out....MUAHAHAHAHA!!!.....

*Cough* Aren't Termies forbidden? :teehee:

Glad someone reads the rules..

Bonus points for firebird!!

Glad someone reads the rules..

Bonus points for firebird!!

Bonus points?! This is Chaos, lad. We don't need your stinkin' bonus points!

We much prefer bonus cookies :teehee:

Cheers,

-Kal

This is a very cool contest that *anyone* can participate in. Please, no matter your (personally perceived) skill level, take some time to join in on the event. This shouldn't be a "I can't paint as good as ... so I can't win ... so why bother" situation. Maybe think of it like the BnC Marine project thread... just show your own perspective, creativity, and skill level. I love to see the models folks play with as much as (or more than) looking through Golden Demon entries.

ANSWER THE CALL

Ohhh funzees. Not sure my skills compare to some of the work here, but I love doing single model projects just to try different things and be creative. It's good modeling/painting experience anyway. Come on guys, join the mayhem.

So do we "have" to provide at least one WIP picture in our entry? And if so, do I understand it right, maximum of 4 pictures, minimum of one must be WIP?

/ducksmakrel

2 MONTHS TO FINISH A SINGLE CSM???!!! I better get to work IMMEDIATELY!

LOL...I'm in for this one...and I have no idea what I'm gonna do.

Side Question: I read the rules a few times, but since I know nothing about Chaos, I gotta ask...are DIY style Chapter colors OK? I figure they would be, but that Kurgan is a crafty little monkey...

Is Chaos really calling me again? [pause] [phone rings] Obviously It is!

My painting isn't up to much (half my time is spent going over the slips made with the last layer :lol:), but since I am starting my new legion (Kadeshi marines) this would be a good excuse to make some above average (well, above my average) models. I'll do several, submit the best, and maybe stick 'em all in the 'Hall of Honour' after the competition. I'll be recycling my Black Legionaries, so no new pieces and I'll have to learn how to strip... err, the models. :whistling:

Wish me (and everyone else) luck! :P

PS Questions: so, we send the model pics (+name+email) to that address between Aug 1st and Oct 1st, after which the voting begins, but when does the voting end? And can we start on the models before Aug 1st?

This looks like a ton of fun, haven't done anything outside orks for a while, should be intresting. I've improved as an artist quite a bit recently, must see if I can apply new ideas to miniatures as well. Just gotta get myself unstuck from the countryside first. :whistling:

Cheers

So do we "have" to provide at least one WIP picture in our entry? And if so, do I understand it right, maximum of 4 pictures, minimum of one must be WIP?

/ducksmakrel

http://www.duckblindminiatures.com/images/funstuff/mackarel.jpg

You can submit up to FOUR (4) shots of your completed entry, but please no collage shots. Only ONE (1) WIP shot is required.

Side Question: I read the rules a few times, but since I know nothing about Chaos, I gotta ask...are DIY style Chapter colors OK? I figure they would be, but that Kurgan is a crafty little monkey...[/b]

DIY Chaos Chapters are fine.

PS Questions: so, we send the model pics (+name+email) to that address between Aug 1st and Oct 1st, after which the voting begins, but when does the voting end? And can we start on the models before Aug 1st?

Typically voting goes on for 1 week after the closing date. However the date we actually open up the voting depends on entries. If we get a flood right at the deadline it may take a day or two to set up all the pictures. There will be a seperate thread detailing the voting when the time comes.

Not that I stand much chance, but I'll go for it. I might have something good to paint lying around, so he'd be a good model to fall back on if I can't find something better.

Good call mods, this should be funz.

*Edited so Chrono can calm down*

Archived