The Fall of Winter

HellChyld

Fellow Wolves,

Here once again is your chance to make an impression on our Great Wolf Logan Grimnar, or at the very least get a fig or two painted. I present to you as Spacefrisian did before me :

[center; background-image:url(http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/hq2.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 8px 2px; padding: 12px 8px 12px 8px; border: 1px solid #DDD; margin-left: 0 auto; text-align: left; color: #fff; text-indent:50px; font-size:130%; width:50%;">The Spacewolves / 13th Company Painting Challenge

The Fall of Winter Pack Expansion II [/center]

We all have something on our painting tables that we have to finish, and here's your motivation to expand your Great Company.

How it works:

- From August 1st until October 31st you may commit your oath of recruitment for your great company, your oath is to paint any legal item(s) for your Space Wolves army. It could be an independent character, a squad, or even a vehicle.

- After October 31st, new Oaths will not be accepted. Afterwards you will have 2 months to complete your paint job and take a picture of your new addition to your Great Company and add it to this topic.

- You will have until December 31st, 2007 to complete your paint job. In total that gives you over five months to complete your Oath and post your picture.

- To a large degree this will work on an honour system. Please commit to an unpainted model(s) for your army. It can be assembled, even primed, but not painted. Although you don't have to take a before picture, you must post a completed picture to truly fulfill the oath. The picture is mostly for verification so it does not have to be a super high quality picture.

What do you get for completing the oath?

You would think that expanding your Pack would be enough, but there's more... You will be noted in this thread before it is locked as having finished your model (once you post your picture). You will also have the honour (if you so desire) to have your picture added to a Wolf Painting Challenge sticky at the top of the forum. Also a small Oath completed banner will be yours to add to your signature file. This banner will righteously note that you have accepted, and completed the challenge of expanding your great company. The banner will be hot linked to the Gallery where your work will be displayed for all to admire or fear.

The Oath of Completion

Great Wolf Logan has issued the order to expand your Pack. Will you answer the challenge? By taking this OAth, you are committing to the following:

I will fully paint (and base) any one legal squad, character, independent character, or vehicle(s) for my Pack. I will have this model completed by no later than December 31st, 2007. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition(s) to my Great Company.

Important notes:

- Remember, the picture doesn't have to be perfect. If you don't want to have it added to the Challenge gallery, it doesn't have to be.

- If you need somewhere to host your pictures, remember that as a member of the B&C you have access to your own gallery space. If you need help with this, please let me know.

- Only participants who complete the challenge will be allowed to use the banner recognizing their contribution to their pack. If I see you using the banner and you haven't completed your Oath, I will send a Wolf scout to have your banner unceremoniously removed.

Wow, five months to complete a model or squad. Sounds a bit too easy, question then comes is it ok for me to make a new oath if I complete my original in the time. (ie I make the oath tomorrow (08/01) and complete it in septmember) Am I allowed to renew my oath with another project?

sure Rags and I figured you could do either a small oath like a wolf guard or a larger oath like 2 squads. some people paint faster then others so we just wanted to make sure everyone had enough time to finish their oaths.

Last time I did a single dreadnought, but I still have things that need painting.

I'm in. I swear to paint one Space Wolves Wolf Guard Wulfen, and one Space Wolves Rune Priest.

I just hope I can remember my obligation, what with the advent of a new semester of higher education at the Schola Progenum. >>;

Under russ stern gaze and by the prensence of my fellow wolfbrothers i swear to complete my dreadnought, 12 blood claws, my two grey hunter packs and recruit a new Wolf gaurd battle leader. May the emperor help me in my quest. :lol:

I updated the oaths so far and then noticed I hadn't sworn my own oath yet so my Oath is Arawn Shadowmane Wolflord of the shadow wolves great company and his wolves plus 2 wolf guards and a squad of blood claws.

Another good reason to (hopefully) be able to finish my army before the start of the Dutch GT, somewhere in October. Anyway, I swear to finish my entire army at the very latest at the end of this year. Hopefully this oath will keep me going.

Anyway, on to the list.

WGBL on Bike with Frostblade
WGBL on foot with Frostblade and combi-meltagun
Venerable Dreadnought in Drop Pod
2 WGPL's with Power Fist and bolt pistol
Pack of 9 Blood Claws in Rhino
Pack of 8 Grey Hunters in Rhino
Pack of 7 Grey Hunters in Rhino
Vindicator
2 Predator Annihilators with Heavy Bolter sponsons
Land Speeder Tornado

My oath is to complete my second pack of Termies and pack Loki (one of my Grey Hunters).

Thanks for kicking round two off Neph!

Termies

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/hansmannstein/Space%20Wolves/Termies2.jpg

GH Pack Wodan

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/hansmannstein/Space%20Wolves/GHPackLoki.jpg

no worry Rags. Looks like agood turn out already and plenty of motivation for late comers when we get later into the months. Lets keep the oaths coming though I can use all the motivation I can get and I bet a keg of fenris's finest ale that Rags could use it too.....

Foe_Hammer slams his tankard of fine stout ale down and belows " Bring forth the Iron Priest and his servitors ! Let them labor and toil untile they add to our ranks a fearsome and mighty Vindicator! For Russ!!! "

I got the FW vidicator conversion kit at games day so I pledge to build and paint it before the year is out. And , hey Nephre-ka thanks for round 2 and you beat me to it ! :)

Foe_Hammer slams his tankard of fine stout ale down and belows " Bring forth the Iron Priest and his servitors ! Let them labor and toil untile they add to our ranks a fearsome and mighty Vindicator! For Russ!!! "

Now that's how you make an Oath! ;)

I got a small idea how to keep doing these and know what you did

http://members.home.nl/maxdammit/40k/Bolterandchainsword/pack%20expantion%20online.jpg

http://members.home.nl/maxdammit/40k/Bolterandchainsword/1st_packexpantion.gifhttp://members.home.nl/maxdammit/40k/Bolterandchainsword/Fal-of-winter.gif

As you can see i made some medals that go under the logo, 1 for the 1st pack expantion, and the FoW for the Fall of Winter expention, the medals are lose gif files and can be aded by yourself, The medals arnt perfect yet, but what do you think of the idea, I can make difrent chapes of medals to with the next one.

:unsure:

Archived