Legio E-Zine

Brother Tyler

I don't see why we can't use this thread to discuss content ideas. :P

At the basic level, the various types of articles that have appeared in White Dwarf and The Citadel Journal over the years provide us with a fairly comprehensive template.

While I'd like to establish a few regular article types, I expect that much of our content will and should be driven by the contributors. Remember that the point is to involve the Fraters as the key "shareholders". We might theme some issues (e.g., when the revised Codex: Space Wolves is released, we might have a Space Wolves themed issue).

So let's focus on the regular/stock articles. Note that the ideas below are a minimum:

• Editorial (from one of the members of our editorial staff - it could change from issue to issue)
  • Ask [a hothead - could be Atticus Rage, could be an Interrogator-Chaplain, could be someone else)
  • Index Astartes (or the equivalent - for one Chapter, preferably one member's fully fleshed out DIY or community project Chapter)
  • News and events (mostly about the B&C, but we might consider allowing members to submit local news and events that meets certain standards for inclusion in our e-zine)

After that, there are all kinds of articles we could do.

Meet the mods/admins

It would be nice to have one of them write a story about his warhammering or even better (and les work) a set line of questions.

Everytime the same questions but a difrent mod/admin

As I said before, I'd be very into writing some serial fic for the 'zine as a regular or semi-regular feature. I would imagine this would take the form of Legio-centric stories, perhaps focusing on the actions of a particular squad or Kill-Team in (relatively) shorter chunks and very pulpy, action-oriented.

Another semi-regular feature I'd like to see is a "DIY Spotlight", with a high-quality DIY Index Astartes and an interview with the creator along with any related pics, whatever.

Okay, I've created a separate forum for the e-zine. We're going to start planning in more depth and I don't want to inundate this forum with e-zine stuff.

So look for Legio e-zine stuff here.

Note that the Fraters can't see the forum yet. Only the Admins, Mods, and ADs can see it. So no spoiling the surprise. We'll make the forum public when we're ready.

Archived