Basing Tutorials(updated feb 28th)

here's a quick quick quick tut for marble.

plasticard, 4-5 mm thick is good. add to base, shape round or make jagged, whatever you like. cut "V"s in the plasticard, not too deep though, or it'll look like sloppy cross-sections. prime black and paint scorched brown, then a slightly thinned down layer of bestial brown, then heavy drybrushing of vomit brown, then light drybrush of 50/50 mix vomit brown and bleached bone, but make sure that the previous layers show through. finally, highlight with pure bleached bone.

see? simple and relatively quick.

here's a quick quick quick tut for marble.

plasticard, 4-5 mm thick is good. add to base, shape round or make jagged, whatever you like. cut "V"s in the plasticard, not too deep though, or it'll look like sloppy cross-sections. prime black and paint scorched brown, then a slightly thinned down layer of bestial brown, then heavy drybrushing of vomit brown, then light drybrush of 50/50 mix vomit brown and bleached bone, but make sure that the previous layers show through. finally, highlight with pure bleached bone.

see? simple and relatively quick.

nice!!

any chance with pic's?

and i live in the uk....birmingham to be exact

so plasticard is a hell of an issue

i cant find it anywhere!!!

so either an alternative or a shop that sells it would be good lol

cheers!

sanding it down is a good idea...ill look into it

@ DarKHaZZ13 - try here: Maelstrom Games - it's my local store and the guys are fantastic, I get stuff delivered from there all the time and the service is second to none.

right now i could probably make sweet sweet love to you...

they are sheets and not tubes right?

actually... i have no pictures... if i were a telepath i could send em to ya via brainwave but alas, i cannot. i kinda came up with that on tha spot! ill try one on a terminator base... new box set! YAYZ!

oh... and if you dont mind thin plasticard (kinda) use the backs of those mead plastic bound notebooks. works great and you get a notebook!

actually... i have no pictures... if i were a telepath i could send em to ya via brainwave but alas, i cannot. i kinda came up with that on tha spot! ill try one on a terminator base... new box set! YAYZ!

oh... and if you dont mind thin plasticard (kinda) use the backs of those mead plastic bound notebooks. works great and you get a notebook!

cheers =]

i tried painting marble

EPIC FAIL!

though i have a sneaky plan!!!!

laminate flooring anyone?

right now i could probably make sweet sweet love to you...

they are sheets and not tubes right?

Slow down there matey, not on a first date. ;)

If you look in the Gale Force Nine section in the menu on the right side of the front page, they do 2 packs, one with various thickness sheets, and one with various different tubes, I-bars, and rods. I bought a pack of both and they are excellent.

On a side note, Maelstrom also do Vallejo paints cheaper than GW ones, and the "Game Colour" range is almost a pigment perfect match for the citadel colour range, just with slightly different names.

• 2 weeks later...

i never even noticed all this response hahah

i should be working a lot on basing related things in august/september, as I will be working on a lot of scenery trying to use up spare junk and finish stuff with a friend

I also want to experiment with base related stuff more

Im currently very busy finishing things off for the summer with games day and painting classes and travel and shoulder rehab....I need to go outside into different areas and search harder for interesting stuff...I am still looking for certain things to help my bases out...just havent had the time or opportunity to find/get them

I should be returning to working on tutorial stuff this fall more so, as I would like to get my website up and running sooner than later, which will give me an easier way to display the tutorials and information

I will also be doing more sculpting and converting

However the first thing I will do before tutorials, is get a new camera, because I just dont think this one works well enough even if i make more adjustments

:(

patience should pay off

Alex

Archived