Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Zombies!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Pete

Pete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 51 posts
ZOMBIES

That's right! Zombies are afoot! And you just can't hold in your excitement can you?
So grab a bolter, and follow me!

Ok, so, it's kind of a kill-team variant, except the game doesn't stop till all your guys are dead!

Suggestions:
- Ideally played on a 4` by 4` board, minimum should be 2` by 2`
- Terrain is your friend. Themed boards own.
- The main terrain/board feature should ideally be in the middile.
- The "kill-team" should start in the main terrain/board feature, or have to get to it.*

There's a few rules first:
- You get 160 points as usual to spend on a squad. Note: I'm not sure exactly what the special equipment is, but if there's any which aren't realistic/good with this game, I recommend ridding them.
- There are no zombie brute squads. (rules/profiles for zombies come later) On the first turn 1 zombie is spawned, and the next turn double this number is spawned, keep going till you have no more models to represent zombies left.
- When you reach this point, it is up to you wether you want to stop spawning zombies and try to kill them all, or keep playing untill you die.
- Zombies should spawn on the board edge/corner furthest from a random board edge, after We'll Be Back rolls.
- *If the kill-team has to get to the terrain feature, it can be fun to have zombies spawning from it, and then when they get there, have the zombies spawn in the usual place. The kill-team should spawn on a board edge chosen by the kill-team player if this is the case, and zombies no longer spawn from here (untill the kill-team reaches the main terrain feature).

Zombies:
WS: 2
BS: -
S: 3
T: 4
W: 1
I: 0 (always strikes last)
A: 1
Ld: 10 (fearless)
Sv: - (feel no pain)

Special rules:
Unit: Zombie have no unit, treat them as one giant unit, removing casualties from the front always (this does mean the squad can fire completely different directions!) They do not all have to all be in assault if some are. Additionally, an members not engaged in base-to-base contact may shoot at zombies not within 2" of friendly models.
Slow and Purposeful, Fearless, Feel No Pain, We'll be Back (from Codex: Necrons)
Shotguns: Shotguns cancel out the "Feel No Pain" rule, just because shotguns vs Zombies is cool. You know it makes sence.#
Humans: Any humanoid model that is killed in close combat turns into a Zombie the next Zombie turn after We'll be Back rolls, but before Zombie spawning.

One last thing:
These rules need playtesting and may need a few modifications.

Ok, one more last thing:
I'm not sure if this is forum-suitable, seeing as it's Zombies, but it's a game modification, not a new race really, and Power Armoured races can be included.

Edited by Pete, 13 September 2007 - 05:35 PM.

Captain Pugno

Captain Pugno

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,004 posts
I thuink the chaos forces should have access to them - heck i'd use em jus cos theyre cool
Captain Pugno
"Into the fires of battle, Unto the anvil of war!"

The war chant of the Orange Avengers Space Marines -
"Feel the wrath of our most holiest of holy tangerines"

Pete

Pete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 51 posts
Have to make a points cost for them, shouldn't be too hard?
And maybe have to dub them down a bit, they're quite hard to kill atm, they dont do much damage either, they'd just tie you up in CC.
And maybe give them the sustained attack rules?
You know, the without number rule for gaunts.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,850 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
A couple of similar threads/ideas:From the looks of it, I also posted my Hive of the Dead kill-team scenario in both threads (just scroll down).

Orkdung

Orkdung

++ PRUDENS PRELIATOR ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 6,384 posts
  • Faction: Amabutho
I'd give em Toughness 2. Everyone loves mowing down handfuls of zombies.

You'e just making it harder for non-Space marine types to touch them; they're rotten flesh and bone.

Magistrate

Magistrate

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 359 posts
One more rule you should add:

Everybody, do not panic... Each Kill-Team counts as having the 'Hit & Run' Special rule, with running at 2d6 instead of 3d6.

This is to show that zombies are pretty fething scary, and you would want to run as much as possible.

Or, give Zombies something akin to a BA Death Mask: Any opponent within 6" of a zombie get a -1 leadership modifier.

Edited by Magistrate, 14 September 2007 - 08:29 AM.

"Also against female players this formation allows you to perform the ultimate of psychological manipulation by deploying your 2 predators in a forward facing v shape with the vindicator in the middle at the front, and saying: "Here you can see my baalz and this big thing here...... is my demolisher cannon"
You will find this will render your opponent unable to think about anything other than your 3 heavy support choices, and the obvious phallic symbolisms involved."
-Corporal Mcstab

"Two big red Baals and a nice thick gun driving up the middle, able to slap into the flanks and penetrate deep and hard, releasing their massive payload into the faces of your unlucky foes."
-Galahad_Knight

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,850 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
I'd go with something more along the lines of the latter. It just doesn't seem right to represent how scary zombies are by giving the kill-team a special ability like Hit and Run, even if it were slightly modified.

Pete

Pete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 51 posts

I'd give em Toughness 2. Everyone loves mowing down handfuls of zombies.

You'e just making it harder for non-Space marine types to touch them; they're rotten flesh and bone.

The second part is true, but Zombies are tough (if you dont hit em in the head). Maybe T3? That still keeps them relitively tough (along with their FNP and WBB)

Captain Pugno

Captain Pugno

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,004 posts
T 3

EDIT GOT RID OF FEEL NO PAIN SUGGESTION COS THEY ALREADY HAVE IT

Edited by Captain Pugno, 14 September 2007 - 04:06 PM.

Captain Pugno
"Into the fires of battle, Unto the anvil of war!"

The war chant of the Orange Avengers Space Marines -
"Feel the wrath of our most holiest of holy tangerines"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users