Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legio BxC Group Story

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

Hasoroth

Hasoroth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,512 posts
Chapter One:

“A beautiful planet.? Muttered Brother Captain Bors.

Wreathed in haloes of smooth asteroids, Novema, the only planet in the Novema System, rotated slowly. It was a tempest of green, white, and blue, an image of such purity that any artist would weep to paint it.

The holy perfection of the planet was marred by an ugly large darkness, obscuring the northern hemisphere of Novema, spreading slowly downwards even as the large Captain watched.

Clasping his hands behind his back, he watched the serene planet for a little while more, beneath the arched view ports of the Helhammer’s viewing bays before turning in an abrupt about face.

War had come to Novema.

+++

The assembly bay was packed, filled with the hustle and bustle of preparation. The cacophony of shells being loaded and pouches being zipped, merged chaotically with the shriek of experimental chainsaw rotations and the clink of grenades being primed.

Throughout it all, the smooth hiss of pistons pervaded. The assembled might of a thirty Space Marine taskforce had no business being quiet.

There was a uniformed variety in the bay. Straggly haired Astartes mingled freely with those with almost entirely bionic heads. Tall and short, big and skinny were beginning to don their war harnesses in the spirit of brotherhood.

Every marine present was a veteran of their parent chapter, a champion of humanity, a slayer of hundreds. Yet everyone was but a initiate, a legionnaire.

Doom Wolf jostled with Dark Angel for space, as Imperial Fist and Blood Angel chattered.

War had called, and the Legio had answered.

+++

“Welcome, to your first rite of battle Brothers.? The Captain’s voice was a low aggressive growl that immediately cut through the clatter.

“I am aware that all of you are held in esteem by your Chapters, but know this. The Legio is your family now and you have not proved anything yet.?
A thunderous roar came from the back of the assembly bay, as a member with the badge of the Space Wolves vocalized his disapproval.

Chuckling to himself, Captain Bors pinched the bridge of his nose and waved the Space Wolf to silence.

“Ok pup, what be your name?? asked Bors.

“Erik Lupfen!? the Space Wolf cried proudly.

Pacing towards the new initiate, chuckling with false humor, Bors flexed his fist before dealing a stinging uppercut to the bottom of Erik’s jaw.

Not relenting, he followed with an armored knee to the groin, following with a swift jab at the nose.

Having recovered from the Captain’s original blow, Erik turned the blow aside and hunched down, lowering his center of gravity.

Taking a step back, Bors nodded at the Space Wolves quickness before throwing out a violent kick and knocking the initiate out cold.

“We call that NCO justice. I expect all the newly promoted sergeants to be able to deal with any problems that may arise in similar fashion.? He addressed to the slightly shocked ring of onlookers.

Shocked except for one figure. While colored in the livery of any Legio member, and a kneecap painted white, he was set apart from the others by a sergeant’s pip on his blast collar and a single ruby red drop of blood framed by fangs on his shoulder pad.

Sergeant Caleb.

“Would you agree with me Brother Sergeant Caleb??

Shaking a long mane of coarse black hair, the Sergeant rose to his full height, eyeing the new recruits with barely constrained contempt.

“Of course I bloody disagree with you sir. Why a fist when I can put a bolt round through their thick skulls??

Nodding in agreement, Bors fixed a burning stare at the assembled recruits.

“Welcome to the Legio. You aren’t worth anything. Yet?

+++

A glowing wireframe holosphere of Novema shimmered in front of the strike force, rotating slowly so that every detail of the planet could be absorbed by the rapt audience.

Glowing arrow icons of black and red dotted the surface, impaling themselves in mountains and hills, rivers and oceans. Reams of scrolling text passed through the arrows, listing enemy troop concentrations, weather forecasts, and coordinates.

The most prominent sigil was a massive Aquila, perched imperiously on their drop zone.

Caleb glanced at his squad.

They were a mix, of that he was sure. A haphazard collection of weapons protruding oddly, chainblades and power axes rustling with boltguns and flamethrowers. There was no uniformity.

“I believe that we are all here. I see Ekton and Zakias in front, Tyrar, Agis, and Domus skulking towards the end of the benches. Move up you bastards, this information is important.?

Feathers slightly ruffled the tail end of the squad moved up in a clattering of steel benches.

“I appreciate that you are new to the Legio and our…practices. I also appreciate, that you may not find my tone fitting of an officer. I’d appreciate it however, if you kept your mouths quiet and listen. We will have Dark Angels and Space Wolves working together, puritans and radicals side by side. By the Emperor, a Relictor and an Imperial First were in the same squad once but their will be no argument brooked. The only person you hate with an overwhelming fury is the enemy and I.? whispered Caleb.

Taking a pause to catch his breath, the Sergeant pointed at the Aquila sigil with all the fury of a war god.

“This is our objective. Unlike the rest of the strike force we are deploying separately into the northern rayne-woods of Umbria. You have not met the rest of the squad but believe you me, they are down there preparing an LZ for the Thunderhawks.?

Waving vaguely with one ham sized fist, Caleb continued on.

“Novema came under cultist attack four months ago. Legio listening posts picked up on Noveman distress signals and sent a general call to arms. Seeing as the Helhammer had been in dry dock preparing to pick up a fresh batch of initiates we set off for Novema and dropped in an advance party of five, the remainder of my squad. They maintained regular contact with us until enemy forces meant that they had to maintain strategic silence.?

“We warped out immediately from Novema and headed back to Chapel Gate, to pick up you lot before doubling back. The Helhammer only ever has a dozen marines at most when we haven’t picked up recruits and at the time, with the bloody business of Antioch, it was just Bors, my squad, and I.?

“Now that we’re back we have a predicament. A bloody warpstorm’s moved in while we were out, and we only have a week or two before it completely encapsulates Novema. In that time we must evacuate all civilians and our advance teams as well as causing as many enemy casualties as we can before evaccing.?

Glowering through his augmetic eye, Caleb drew both boltguns out of their holsters and racked them.

“Gentlemen, our Thunderhawks await.?

eguzgPS.jpg

Merkava

Merkava

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 956 posts
looking good
That's the problem with the internet. Back in the good ol'days, each village had to endure it's own idiot. But now one has to deal with idiots from villages around the world.

When in doubt follow the rule of cool.

International Brotherhood of Hobbiests (IBH Member)
QUOTE (Gold Raven @ Aug 16 2007, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Y'know for all of their sado-masochist hedonistic tendancies, I'll never understand why not a single one of the EC went to Fabius Bile, pointed at their nether-regions and said, "While you're cutting me open, think you can get these working again?"
My Blog

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,766 posts
Brilliant Hasoroth! I look forward to chapter 2 (Although no mention of Helias. Yet...)

Keep it up.

Cambrius

gallery_26154_15777_7413.png sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pngjHkptLG.png]gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_48988_10069_2782.png gallery_48988_11572_5225.pnggallery_48988_15094_15503.png

the-betrayer

the-betrayer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 453 posts
Love it man, cant wait for the next part.
"you hear about that space marine version of 300? yeah, its called 3"

"He who stands with me, shall be my brother"

"If the journy isn't hard, then the destination is worthless"

Luther - the fallen

Luther - the fallen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 895 posts
more!
gallery_10707_11380_16314.jpg
Follow my Work in my Blog: For the Warmaster

Savage Mortician

Savage Mortician

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 371 posts
looking forward to the next installment

I am the Physical Manifestation of Hell. I am the Reaper of souls, The bringer of Death. I am Pain Incarnate. I am the Savage Mortician

92% of knights have moved on to saying "ecky ecky ecky pi’tang zoop boing" . If you're part of the 8% who still say "Ni" copy and paste this into your signature!

me blog
Lions of Chardine IA

Zengar

Zengar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 440 posts
Cool. Very cool. Looking forward to more of course.
"There is nothing my power sword cannot cut."

Ferrus Manus

Ferrus Manus

+LEXICANUM+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,709 posts
I like it, very nice

My WIP Space Marine Chapter

Bellicose

Bellicose

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 361 posts
Very punchy and to the point. I can see marine officers being any other way really.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europe vincendarum - Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe.

Me transmitte sursum, caledoni! - Beam me up, Scotty!

Luke sum ipse patrem te - Luke, I am your father

White Crusader

White Crusader

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 831 posts
I like it! the Legio feels rough, tough and ready to rumble.

Very punchy and to the point. I can see marine officers being any other way really.

Quite literally! B)
Raise your weapons and march away, to glory, my brothers, and to a bloody day!
-Grand Exemplar Zephyrus Aruken, 4th Grand Company

Merkava

Merkava

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 956 posts
I'm still chomping at the bit!

Hey guys just post pics in WIP and blog.

Edited by Merkava, 31 October 2007 - 12:13 AM.

That's the problem with the internet. Back in the good ol'days, each village had to endure it's own idiot. But now one has to deal with idiots from villages around the world.

Y'know for all of their sado-masochist hedonistic tendancies, I'll never understand why not a single one of the EC went to Fabius Bile, pointed at their nether-regions and said, "While you're cutting me open, think you can get these working again?"
My Blog

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,766 posts
It's Wednesday Hasoroth, does that mean chapter 2's coming? I hope it is.

Can you give us an update on how far the story's gone?

Cambrius

gallery_26154_15777_7413.png sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pngjHkptLG.png]gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_48988_10069_2782.png gallery_48988_11572_5225.pnggallery_48988_15094_15503.png

the-betrayer

the-betrayer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 453 posts
Indeed, i'm stoked for the next part man. Sorry to rush you, but were two impatient welshmen, lol

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,766 posts

Indeed, i'm stoked for the next part man. Sorry to rush you, but were two impatient welshmen, lol

Hmm, we Welsh don't have much patience. It's something that's certainly blighted my painting skills *Why won't the paint dry? Gah! I'll have to put it next to the fire to dry quicker* :evil:

I wonder if our kill team will be "friendly" to eachother...

Cambrius

HellChyld

HellChyld

++ MODERATI VERBUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,358 posts
yeah man where's the next part already? I wanna see more NCO justice

gallery_48988_6285_1641.jpggallery_48988_6285_1098.jpggallery_48988_6285_1776.jpggallery_1805_634_6746.jpg

Zengar

Zengar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 440 posts
Hm.... what happened to Hasoroth?

Did he get sick and go to a convention like me?

the-betrayer

the-betrayer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 453 posts
ummm...hey Hasoroth, do we take it the project is on hold for now? If so no worrys, I know how real life can get in the was of things like this. I humbally await your next post.

Merkava

Merkava

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 956 posts
Well regarless of how long it is till the next, chapter I'm still doing the kill team.

Blantant advertising for my blog. Bottom of Signature, Bottom of Signature, Bottom of Signature

My Blog

Savage Mortician

Savage Mortician

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 371 posts
For some odd reason I feel compelled to click the link in the bottom of your sig

Patiently awaiting the next installment

I am the Physical Manifestation of Hell. I am the Reaper of souls, The bringer of Death. I am Pain Incarnate. I am the Savage Mortician

92% of knights have moved on to saying "ecky ecky ecky pi’tang zoop boing" . If you're part of the 8% who still say "Ni" copy and paste this into your signature!

me blog
Lions of Chardine IA

Zengar

Zengar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 440 posts
You should, for they are awesome. I'm building my apocalypse army, in ugly colors. I even have a lil' zigfried in it, he's in a razorback squad. I'll post some pics from the game and after I get the remaining termies and assaulters painted, maybe a big group army shot.

HellChyld

HellChyld

++ MODERATI VERBUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,358 posts
I got in touch with hasoroth off the board last night. seems school is kickin his rear at the moment but he promises the next chapter and possibly the third within the next two weeks so lets motivate Merkava on the models till then. even if he did forget the Captain...................... :D

gallery_48988_6285_1641.jpggallery_48988_6285_1098.jpggallery_48988_6285_1776.jpggallery_1805_634_6746.jpg

Merkava

Merkava

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 956 posts
Well send some info my way my friend ;)

My Blog

Bellicose

Bellicose

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 361 posts
I'm happy to wait for Hasoroth. Good things come to those who wait. ;)

Looked over your Blog merkava, good work there. Looking forward to seeing what you do with Brother Forean.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europe vincendarum - Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe.

Me transmitte sursum, caledoni! - Beam me up, Scotty!

Luke sum ipse patrem te - Luke, I am your father

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,766 posts
I can understand fully whyy school's currently driving Hasoroth down. I'm just keeping my head above water with Chemistry coursework and Physics next week :teehee:. I may become less productive on this forum. :lol:

I wonder what Nephren-ka has sent to Merkava about his "captain" and our comanding officer...

Cambrius

Merkava

Merkava

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 956 posts

I can understand fully whyy school's currently driving Hasoroth down. I'm just keeping my head above water with Chemistry coursework and Physics next week :tu:. I may become less productive on this forum. :teehee:

I wonder what Nephren-ka has sent to Merkava about his "captain" and our comanding officer...

Cambrius

And that is why I am soooo glad I'm not in school anymore. I got my Grade 12, joined the army and ten years later got blown up! Moral of the story boys and girls...stay in school!!!! Course my disability pension pays for my hobby! And they even made me a Sgt. I think Neph has something in the original thread so I might scan through there. Three guys left and I can paint. I'm going for a week long conference next week so my creative juice will be stewing

My Blog