Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legio BxC Group Story

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

HellChyld

HellChyld

++ MODERATI VERBUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,235 posts
Knowledge of the Captain amd a crappy drawing.......:rolleyes:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,212 posts
Any more news on this Hasoroth? Is school still driving you down? I'm suffering the same. :D

Cambrius

Hasoroth

Hasoroth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,468 posts
Chapter 2:

“INCOMING?.

The crackling of machine guns and rifles filled the night, as the rebels struggled to hold the town of Sempis Ra. The war gods had decreed it. This town, on the border of the Death Woods was valuable to the Astartes resistance fighters, and every man here would lay down his life gladly to prevent the Arch-Enemy from overrunning the town.

The point of the heretic assault had formed across the Main Street. Supported by a series of caterpillar tanks, and a diabolic looking Hate Class Destroyer bot, the massed infidels let loose a mighty cry of rage, as they surged down the paved streets.

There was no way four dozen men with bolt action rifles and a single grenade launcher could hold off the enemy, no conceivable way. But hold they did, for a good seven minutes.

Long enough for the Astartes to arrive. Long enough for the gods of war to be let loose.

+++

“Micus, some supporting fire on the Bakery. Auspex puts four hostiles in there, a large caliber las holed up in the second floor.? Whispered Helias as he calmly scythed his way through rank upon rank of traitorous scum with his boltgun.

“Llywelyn, there’s a squad flanking across 5th Street, about five yards from your hole.?

A roaring growl echoed across the vox-link, as the screams of the ambushed would-be hunters started in earnest.

“Forean and Zig, storm the Post Office…now. Take out the first floor and rig it with flares. The Sarge is on his way down via Thunderhawk. We cannot afford to fail here.?

“Thy will be done? muttered Zigfried. The rest of his sentence was unintelligible, over the rushing scream of his flamethrower.
Looking into the sky, Helias thought he saw a glint of fire descending.

+++

Chuckling, like some grotesque vampire out of myth, Caleb scanned his squad.

None of them were nervous, which was only to be expected. With few exceptions, the rawest neophyte to the Legio was a hard bitten warrior, who had fought hard to deserve this honor. The toughest of the tough.

A nice comfy landing in the plate armored Thunderhawk was a vacation to the likes of them.

“Domus and Ekton, your with me. The moment we touchdown we’re to exterminate every hostile on sight. If it has guns, horns, and a uniform, mow it to pieces before it can glance at you. Zakias, Tyrar, and Agis, your duty is to link up with the surface squad as soon as possible. “

“Long-Scan puts a fight between roughly two hundred combatants and five large vehicles. The last known loyalist tank force disappeared in the ocean. The tanker carrying them was sunk by Heretic air units, before it could reach the shore. Suffice to say, anything on wheels should receive a bolt round.?

“Lastly, you will defer to your Brothers on the ground, as befits their veteran status. If they say left, you go left. If they say right, you go right. Do not argue with them.?

Sinking back into his body-cavity seat, the grim Sergeant closed his eyes, and began to nap.

+++

“If we shall die on this day, it is because the Emperor wills it my sons!? bellowed the priest. Broken and crumbling masonry littered his feet, as piercing moonbeams illuminated lonely scenes of despair.

Here, a young woman with a lasgun made her last stand in a ranger grave. There, two children with pistols were overwhelmed by a tearing, gnashing tide of claws, fangs, and blades. A PDF trooper, with a stripped down autorifle chucked his autorifle away with a curse, as he searched for a side arm to replace his ammunition less gun.

Looking at the small pocket-vox given to him by one of the Astartes , Father Mackenzie, gloried of the Emperors Light, sighed. The grubby thing had not squawked once. That meant the center had crumbled, and that the resistances’ skirmish line would fold in on itself fatally.

So be it. If they failed he would die to redeem their mistakes.

Leaning over to his side, he gripped the belt of frag grenades tangled on a loose rock and donned it.

Staring straight ahead, at the scuttling demonic horde, he grinned in triumph.

“Come get me you heretics! You have turned your backs on Man, and on the Emperor. I cannot, let you live.?

Pulling a pin, the priest ran into the pack of snarling heretics.

+++

Helias smashed his chest in sorrow. They had not been quick enough to salvage the right flank. The constant frag grenade explosions in the distance attested to that. The least he could do now was save the left, and hope some of the souls he had consigned to oblivion would escape.

“Micus, with me! Llywelyn, meet us at the Main Street. We’re to relieve the left flank.?

“Coming up on your left.? Micus replied tersely as he jogged up behind Helias. A howl in the dark moonlight was Llywelyn’s acknowledgement.

Nodding, Helias shouldered his boltgun and consulted the Auspex. Caleb was coming in.

“Charge!?

+++

The static voice of a servitor filtered through the Thunderhawk com systems, dry and dusty.

“Mark 1-7-12. We are approaching our landing vector. Green in 5 MINUTES.?

Caleb looked at his two bolt guns and racked the slide.

+++

Dan Kair, fifth son of the Arch-Heretic Al’a Kair grinned wolfishly. The town was as good as his. The only niggling worry was the odd disappearances of flanking units, but that was only to be expected. The resistance was quite good at setting traps. He still tossed in his sleep at the jump-mines which had nearly eviscerated him in an earlier conflict.

Turning slowly, Dan Kair examined his retinue clinically. Armed with shotguns and dressed in spiked trench coats and sallet helms, they loomed in the shadow cast by a broken church tower. Sturmkrieg. Elite warriors granted to every heretic officer of standing and importance.

Stamping on a small Aquila idol that had survived the churches collapse, Dan Kair returned to his earlier position and surveyed the ruined main street, and his assault force that had reached the Main Square.

Pulling on his plague mask, he unsheathed his chain-sabre and gestured for the Sturmkrieg to advance.

Victory was his.

+++

Drawing his crimson helmet from the rack, Caleb planted it firmly on top of his head, and waited till the locking mechanisms in his neck plate had firmly drilled it in place.

Reaching down between his legs, he drew out a case of krak grenades and began to string them around his chest, as well as tossing them out to the rest of the squad. Chucking away the now empty case, he tore the thin layer of lead that coated each grenade pin and primed them. They’d be going down hot.

“I expect every Brother here to do the Legio proud. Do not falter, no not take a backwards step. Hack at the enemy until his crumbles, rip him to pieces. Rend, tear, slash and shoot. These eyeless traitors have turned from the light, and deserve the retribution we shall deal.? Rumbled the Sergeant.
Glancing at the wall light that signaled the imminent drop, he bared his fangs in a grin at the assembled Legio Marines. The light had just turned green.
Opening the hatch, he looked at the blistering firefight on the western flank of the town’s main center.

Making sure that everything was tightly strapped, and that his boltguns safeties were off, Caleb leapt from three hundred feet in the air, directly down on the Chaos forces.

Following him, five of the hardest Astartes to be found in the Emperor’s galaxy leapt after him.

The tide had turned.

It it with the greatest shame I give you this latest chapter. I can't believe I kept you guys waiting so long, school or no. But I hope the story line progressing more makes up for it.

~WNxCaleb

Edited by Hasoroth, 02 December 2007 - 01:55 PM.

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,212 posts
YESYESYES!!! :) Thankyou so much Hasoroth! I knew it would come someday.

Nice to see Helias in there, although I didn't expect him to be commanding the Astartes on the ground until Sargeant Caleb turned up. What an honour.

I hope the thrid chapter won't take too long as this one did.

Cambrius

Savage Mortician

Savage Mortician

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 371 posts
Worth the wait mate! dont worry about time between posts, real life caught up with me too and I havent done any writing in a good while.

Its good, gripping stuff with only the odd grammatical error which is easily overlooked. The only thing I did notice is that Caleb gives Ekton two sets of orders, one to follow him, and one to link up with the surface squad.

Other than that, good stuff, looking forward to the next installment

I am the Physical Manifestation of Hell. I am the Reaper of souls, The bringer of Death. I am Pain Incarnate. I am the Savage Mortician

92% of knights have moved on to saying "ecky ecky ecky pi’tang zoop boing" . If you're part of the 8% who still say "Ni" copy and paste this into your signature!

me blog
Lions of Chardine IA

Hasoroth

Hasoroth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,468 posts
Changed Mort, made a mistake there, Tyrar was supposed to take Ektons place to group up with the surface Marines.

the-betrayer

the-betrayer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts
Totally awesome! Good to see Llywelyn getting stuck in to those foul heretics. Whats the ETA on part three?
"you hear about that space marine version of 300? yeah, its called 3"

"He who stands with me, shall be my brother"

"If the journy isn't hard, then the destination is worthless"

White Crusader

White Crusader

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 831 posts
Yay!! That was great. Can't wait for more.
Raise your weapons and march away, to glory, my brothers, and to a bloody day!
-Grand Exemplar Zephyrus Aruken, 4th Grand Company

Merkava

Merkava

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 956 posts
Loving it. I'll be back to doing the kill team in the new year. I think my wife got me a SW box so I'll have bits there. Right now I'll be working on entries for the local Golden Goblin painting contest. Last year winners got an army box. Wish me luck!

And Hasoroth I'm anxiously waiting on the next chapter.
That's the problem with the internet. Back in the good ol'days, each village had to endure it's own idiot. But now one has to deal with idiots from villages around the world.

When in doubt follow the rule of cool.

International Brotherhood of Hobbiests (IBH Member)
QUOTE (Gold Raven @ Aug 16 2007, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Y'know for all of their sado-masochist hedonistic tendancies, I'll never understand why not a single one of the EC went to Fabius Bile, pointed at their nether-regions and said, "While you're cutting me open, think you can get these working again?"
My Blog

Bellicose

Bellicose

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 361 posts
Storm a post office, that heroism right there, I'm sure the inside of those places exist in the warp. They lose that much stuff. :(

A well worthwhile wait, great stuff and I look forward to reading chapter 3. Keep up the good work. ;)

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europe vincendarum - Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe.

Me transmitte sursum, caledoni! - Beam me up, Scotty!

Luke sum ipse patrem te - Luke, I am your father

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,212 posts

I'm sure the inside of those places exist in the warp. They lose that much stuff. :(

So that's where the missing benefits discs have gone. Tzeeentch is probably looking at them devising plans on alluring evreryone into his grasp (well the politicians definitely) ;)

Cambrius

Savage Mortician

Savage Mortician

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 371 posts

I'm sure the inside of those places exist in the warp. They lose that much stuff. :)

So that's where the missing benefits discs have gone. Tzeeentch is probably looking at them devising plans on alluring evreryone into his grasp (well the politicians definitely) ;)

Cambrius

Of COURSE! Tzeentch did it! Somebody should tell Paul Grey. Weve had orders to tear the post room apart at work looking for those things, but it looks like some sort of chaotic summoning is needed

I am the Physical Manifestation of Hell. I am the Reaper of souls, The bringer of Death. I am Pain Incarnate. I am the Savage Mortician

92% of knights have moved on to saying "ecky ecky ecky pi’tang zoop boing" . If you're part of the 8% who still say "Ni" copy and paste this into your signature!

me blog
Lions of Chardine IA

Bellicose

Bellicose

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 361 posts
Its nice to read someone else's fluff. took a short break from my own little project and this was the first port of call. Waiting for the next chapter avidly.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europe vincendarum - Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe.

Me transmitte sursum, caledoni! - Beam me up, Scotty!

Luke sum ipse patrem te - Luke, I am your father

Zengar

Zengar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 440 posts
Hurray! I'm so happy to read another chapter.

Very excited about the next chapter. Especially since I just reread Brothers of the Snake in the meantime.
"There is nothing my power sword cannot cut."

the-betrayer

the-betrayer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts
hey, any news on the next part? I was just thinking, if a lot of things are getting in the way Hasoroth, maybe get every one to chip in? maybe avery one write a chapter? I like where this is going and it was be a shame for it to be lost to the warp.

peace :drool:
"you hear about that space marine version of 300? yeah, its called 3"

"He who stands with me, shall be my brother"

"If the journy isn't hard, then the destination is worthless"

Zengar

Zengar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 440 posts
I quite agree.
"There is nothing my power sword cannot cut."

White Crusader

White Crusader

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 831 posts
Me too.
Raise your weapons and march away, to glory, my brothers, and to a bloody day!
-Grand Exemplar Zephyrus Aruken, 4th Grand Company

Merkava

Merkava

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 956 posts
Finished building the kill team last night, pics to follow some time later. I've got a few ideas floating in my head.....now just to put the to keyboard and hopefully come up with something that makes sense
That's the problem with the internet. Back in the good ol'days, each village had to endure it's own idiot. But now one has to deal with idiots from villages around the world.

When in doubt follow the rule of cool.

International Brotherhood of Hobbiests (IBH Member)
QUOTE (Gold Raven @ Aug 16 2007, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Y'know for all of their sado-masochist hedonistic tendancies, I'll never understand why not a single one of the EC went to Fabius Bile, pointed at their nether-regions and said, "While you're cutting me open, think you can get these working again?"
My Blog

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,212 posts
Good good Merkava. I look forward to seeing how Helias turned out. :tu:

Cambrius

Ceres

Ceres

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,018 posts
Indeed, well done.
Rainbows are very consistent with the grimdark setting of 40k. So sayeth the Rainbow Warriors.