Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nestir's Fate - Character Submissions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
711 replies to this topic

Luku

Luku

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts
Let's hope someone takes charge eh?

Edited by Luku, 09 November 2007 - 05:10 PM.

Brother Captain Achilles

Brother Captain Achilles

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 669 posts
;) I am going to come back to the BnC for this, after poor Augustus died last AoD Im looking for some Revenge.

Not to mention ive been looking for an excuse to re-integrate myself into this fine comunity of Power armor fanatics. :D
Virtus Quod Veneratio!!

"The warrior who acts out of honor cannot fail. His duty is honor itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure. For it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear."
Roboute Guilliman Primarch of the Ultramarines

Or when the Emperor comes back in time, like the movie Terminator and has to fight a liquid metal Horus.
NemFex

the-betrayer

the-betrayer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 453 posts
Do we post are charictors up on here of do we PM them to you Luku?
"you hear about that space marine version of 300? yeah, its called 3"

"He who stands with me, shall be my brother"

"If the journy isn't hard, then the destination is worthless"

Luku

Luku

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts
You post them up here...remember....Name, Wargear (write the pts down in total not for each item) Picture, and at least 100 word fluff....

Onisuzume

Onisuzume

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,415 posts
Just a question on the chapter limitation:

Two marines from the same chapter is a no-no.
But what about one marine from a 1st founding chapter and another from its successor?
E.g. Dark Angels and Angels of Vengeance.

And one on the picture:
IS a WIP picture allowed or does it have to be of a finished model?

Edited by Onisuzume, 10 November 2007 - 12:25 AM.

Legio Angelis Tenebrae ex Vastatio: The Angels of Destruction
The heretic shall reap as he has sown - the bitter harvest of vengeance and death!
My Warhammer 40,000 oldschool game music playlist.

Luku

Luku

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts
Successor is a different chapter, thus you can have both

Completed would be preferable

Renik

Renik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,606 posts
my model is ready i can post now with not that decent photo or i can wait till my bro gets back from uni as he has good quality camera

Edited by Renik, 10 November 2007 - 01:51 PM.

Luku

Luku

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts
Well you have the best part of 2 months at the moment...no rush...

Stuart

Stuart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 186 posts
I might be interested in this, but let me ask:

The rules say Force Weapons are banned, and Sorcerers are allowed. Sorcerers have no weapons options besides Force Weapons. So if I were to take a Sorcerer, would I have to buy him the Chainsword option? Cause unless I'm misunderstanding something, that seems like the only option.

*Edit with another question: I might just be really missing something, but I didn't see when Psychic powers would be used in the Battle Rules. "Ranged Attacks" are used in the Shooting phase, but what about powers like Warp Time?*

Edited by Stuart, 10 November 2007 - 07:45 PM.

Luku

Luku

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts
Ouch...yet another muck-up on my part...a lesson for you folks, AoDs are hard to organize...>_<

For the sake of simplicity, Sorcerers come with a Power Weapon as standard instead of a Force Weapon.

Edited by Luku, 10 November 2007 - 08:19 PM.

Sigismund Himself

Sigismund Himself

++SCRIBERE NOVELLUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,415 posts
To get your creative juices flowing here's my submission.

Brother-Codicier Korvac of the Legio's Librarium

Equipment: Artificer Armour, Force Staff (counts as chainsword) + mastercrafting, Fury of the Emperor (counts as combi melta)

Appearance: Korvac is the average size for a marine. His eyes are green and sparkle with the power contained within him. His scarred head carries 3 service studs and has been shaved so that a psychic hood can be attached. He carries with him an ornate force staff, topped by the common Librarian symbols of a horned skull and a book. His armour is just as ornate and operates as an extension of the psychic hood, harnessing the powers of the warp to his bidding.

Service with the Legio: Korvac has served with the Legio for a fairly long time. He has not seen action recently but his actions at Jarin and Girant are well known throughout the Legio. He has studied recent actions with great concern, noting the pattern of consolidation and expansion that Chaos forces have been undergoing. His divinations has seen a turning point at Nestir, for better or for worse. This is the reason for his presence on Nestir. The foul chaos scum shall once again face the furious reprisal of the Emperor in the form of Korvac.

Service with home chapter: The Blood Ravens have many new recruits that have the potential to become Librarians. Korvac was one of them. Surviving the process of implantation, indoctrination and service in the scout company, he was told that he was to represent the chapter. For one so young, this was a great honour. He had risen to the rank of Lexicanicium before the transfer to the Legio as part of the expansion of the Legio's Librarium. In return, the chapter received the most recent intel reports from the Legio. Those higher manipulation and dealings was unknown to the new recruit. He continued his training and managed to become a full Codicier.

Edited by Sigismund Himself, 13 November 2007 - 11:24 AM.

Luku

Luku

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts
Very nice, can't wait to see the model....

Sigismund Himself

Sigismund Himself

++SCRIBERE NOVELLUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,415 posts
He's still in bits at the moment, I'm afraid :tu:

TheDarkApostle

TheDarkApostle

++ EXAUGURO OCULUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,145 posts
A little something for you guys.

+++

The Crimson Tide Moves Again.
(Authour: TheDarkApostle)

The wind was blowing calmly over the wide and dark ashen plains. Dead guardsmen surrounded the entrence to the catacomb like bunker complex that until just recently had been the hideout of the Dark Apostle Talus Doranii of the Legion. The fool had sought to accend to Princehood but his ignorance had cost him everything he had wished for. Little had the fool known that Deux Iblis, the lieutenant Lord Dark Apostle Victarious has send, merely had been acting along to his plans to twarth them. That Iblis would have perished along with the rest of Doranii's men though hadn't been part of the plan and that's the reason that Victarious had been forced to send himself, Togaririm Elohavon, to collect what had been left behind. Elohavon sat down on the remains of a pillar outside the entrence. There was little evidence left of the battle that had raged here on Antioc not so long ago. Elohavon looked up into the sky. It surely had been worth coming here after all, who would have guessed that they would happen to find an Exterminatus missle in orbit around the planet as well? Albeit it was slightly damaged, it was nothing that they couldn't fix.

Suddenly the vox sprang to life.
"My Lord, we have located the remains of First Lieutenant Iblis." One of Elohavon subordinates reported.
"I'm on my way." Elohavon muttered as he rose from the debris outside the entrence.

The dim red lights threw a playful aura over the complex, but it mattered little to Elohavon, he had a much more important job here. He entered the generator chambers, it had taken quite som time for his men to clear it out after the melta blast that had destroyed the most of it. Elohavon kneeled next to the broken corpse that had been hiden under the ton of debris. There was no mistake, it sure was Iblis indeed. It sure was strange, only the legs, abdomen and left arm had been destroyed in the blast, Iblis head, right arm and torso was still more or less intact. It ment that the nucleus Iblis had carried in his chest still was functional.

"Bring me the statis container." Elohavon ordered.
Elohavon watched as his men loaded the sligthly charred remains of Iblis into the container and sealed it. They finally had gotten what they came for, and it really seemed like the nuclei truly was indestructible. With the recovery of this, Lord Victarious truly would be pleased.

Yet still, Elohavon couldn't help but to wonder what it was Lord Victarious had tasked the new First Lieutenant Sadaiphar with, he recalled it had been something about the Nestir system.

+++

TDA

Edited by TheDarkApostle, 28 December 2007 - 01:49 PM.

Luku

Luku

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts
Oh Crap! If Iblis lives.....Bethor will not be pleased! >_<

TheDarkApostle

TheDarkApostle

++ EXAUGURO OCULUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,145 posts
Hmm? Who's Bethor now again? ;)

TDA

Onisuzume

Onisuzume

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,415 posts
Only Bethor I know is the Dark Angels' Bearer of the Sacred Standards.
The heretic shall reap as he has sown - the bitter harvest of vengeance and death!

Bigger-than-Jesus

Bigger-than-Jesus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,952 posts
I have an idea for an Imperial fist model that I'd like to enter
In Inquisitor, a Space Marine can take a krak grenade, pull out the pin, eat the grenade, throw the pin, and the thrown pin will actually kill a normal man, whereas the Space Marine won't even have indigestion.

If it takes more than 20 bolter rounds to take something down, maybe you should leave it alone...

Renik

Renik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,606 posts
then get him in more the merrier in this though chaos often are ones who lack numbers

Luku

Luku

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts
Bethor was the marine in the Legio from the Bloodied Hand that fought alongside Lucius last AoD, I wrote a small fic piece for it here It never got any comments...I was a little hurt about it. I believe he swore vengeance of some variety...

Also Bigger than; If you wish to enter just read up on the rules, (PM if you are unsure on anything), get your entry in and hope you do well in the fights.

Renik; If we end up short on Chaos, I'm sure a few of the extra loyalists would volunteer to switch sides, especially if it means getting into the AoD.. :teehee:

Edited by Luku, 11 November 2007 - 07:37 PM.

TheDarkApostle

TheDarkApostle

++ EXAUGURO OCULUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,145 posts

Bethor was the marine in the Legio from the Bloodied Hand that fought alongside Lucius last AoD, I wrote a small fic piece for it here It never got any comments...I was a little hurt about it. I believe he swore vengeance of some variety...

Ahh, yeah, now I remember. Figured it had something to do with the Bloodied Hand, just couldn't remember where I read it :teehee:

Edited by Barret, 05 December 2007 - 05:31 AM.

Renik

Renik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,606 posts
yea i know im sure there will be an inquistor willing for change of scenery and who wants to be on the good guys side anyway being evil is way more fun also if i get round to puting it down some background for my guy might be up tonight title being we have a job for you

Brother Weiss walked into the command room of unending flame it was large room yet only could see a desk with pillars along its side sitting at that desk was commander Jyscal current captain of the steel dragons. Welcome Weiss ill make this quick I have a job for you and your men to carry out on the world known as nester. We have information to believe that a group called the legio bolter and chainsword will be part of the imperial forces which will try to retake that world, and they often have worked alongside inquisition forces which might mean you will find one there.

Your job is simple your men will go to nester assist the chaos forces and when you get first chance capture high ranking member of legio or an inquisitor and bring him back so we can prise him for as much info we can that alone is worth its wait in gold. Take the ship flamestorm and head of as soon as I can I don’t have to remind you if we find out your captured your on your own no one can find out the location of are fleet.

As Weiss left a figure came out of the shadows bolter in hand and axe hanging from the side you think he has any idea for his true reasons for going. “He will have no idea he is a loyal member he will do what is needed for both are goals.�?

edit- and here we go and for extra credit who can name the thing which i have been riping my arena of death names from

edit-2 Posted Image
we have a photo of good old Weiss

veteran brother Weiss of the steel dragons leading his unit in action of the defense of nester for chaos
basecost 75
chainsword 5
master crafted plasma pistol 30
chosen by fate 20
total 130

Edited by Renik, 17 December 2007 - 09:44 AM.

Onisuzume

Onisuzume

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,415 posts
Redemptor-Chaplain Sigrdrífa of the Angels of Destruction.
History:
Somewhere on Walkura V(between the Ghoul Stars and the Gates of Varl, Ultima Segmentum):

A young girl ran through the streets of the small village, dodging carts and horses as she went. After a few minutes of running and dodging she reached her destination; the chapel in the centre of the village. She knocked on the door. A call from inside told her to enter. She marveled at the splender of the small chapel. Two rows of angelic statues supported the building, while the stained-glass windows displayed scenes from legend. A large window opposite of the door portrayed the Emperor. Underneath that window was an altar dedicated to him. Kneeled infront of the alter was who she was looking for. She slowly approached the figure. The figure finished her prayer and rose to her feet. The young girl handed her the letter she was carrying, and left the chapel. The figure broke the letter's seal and read what it said:

"To Redemptor-Chaplain Sigrdrífa of the Angels of Destruction:

You have hereby been selected by the Council of the Inner Circle
to take a select few warriors of your choice to Nestir V.
Once you arive there you are to follow the order of the local
Space Marine commander.

Chances are that an Inquisitor as well as either the Deathwatch
and/or the Legio is present.

Regardless, you are to attent to the gathered marines' spiritual
wellbeing, as well as keeping an eye out for any activity from
our Fallen brothers.

Signed,
The Grand Mistress of the Reclusiam."

Description:
Redemptor-Chaplain Sigrdrífa wears one of the more ornate suits of power armour crafted after the change, it strongly resembles the armour worn by the Sisters of Battle. The shinin black plates are lined with golden edges. Her left pauldron displays the Legion's badge - a broken red sword flanked by a pair of white, angelic wings. The opposite pauldron features the personal heraldry of the supreme grand mistress: the lilium speciosum. The dark red casing of her bolt pistol can be seen in the holster at her side. She frequently fights with her helmet on the ground, revealing her long, black hair, smooth skin, and the burning hatred in her eyes. She also wear the purple half-skirt that is given to all chaplains.

Equipment:
Rosarius: This pendant represents a winged sword and provides a power-field to protect its wearer against attacks. Refractor Field.
Crozius Arcanum Angelicæ: An artificer crafted power weapon smithed on the moon of Smiðja. Instead of the traditional winged skull design it uses the figure of an angel. Power Weapon.
Guardian's Embrace: The Guardian's Embrace is a master-crafted suit of power armour forged deep inside the forgemoon of Smiðja. It was one of the first suits to have been forged after the change. Power Armour.
Angelic Wings: A pair of angelic wings which are build into a power-armoured backpack. Several small anti-grav plates and small thrusters allow the wearer to soar through the air. Jump Pack.
Red Rage: +++ Error 404: Datastring missing. Re-routing power circuits.+++ Terminator Honours.
Bringer of salvation: The bringer of Salvation is an ornate bolt pistol granted to chaplains upon their promotion to Redemptor-Chaplain. Bolt Pistol.
Frag&Krak Grenades: Small, coin-sized grenades.
Total: 129 Points.

Picture:
*Insert image of a converted Saint Celestine here*

Edited by Onisuzume, 26 November 2007 - 01:44 PM.

PanzerSmurf

PanzerSmurf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 893 posts
Caenargeon, Diplomat of Zha'Hadumm, errant of lord Paine

Sigismund stood, the charred flesh clung to his blackened skull in ruined tatters. He knew why he had failed... He had given in to the rage, and only the very nature of his being had saved his existence from being erased. "Defeated...by a woman of beauty no less" he thought to himself. He checked his cognitive and memory functions, and he sighed in relief as all his mechanical parts reported fully operational. "No time to ponder", he thougt as he sensed approaching life signs.

White and blue armour appeared through the whirling dust around him, and he would have sighed in relief, should he still have had biological lungs and lips to sigh from. He marched into the midst of his men, his proud and loyal World Eaters.
"Brothers, hear me. Even while we suffered defeat here, our true purposes were fulfilled...To an extent, that is." He turned towards his longtime friend and trustee, Caenargeon. "The mission must continue, you all know this. However, as you can all see, I am somewhat damaged. Therefore, this time you will lead our brothers, Caenargeon, for I am in no shape to lead..."

Caenargeon simply nodded. "The objective and location, m'lord?" he asked in his melodious voice. "The Nesir systel, the objective for now is espionage and intelligence gathering. I know you are up to the task. You depart now!" The marine saluted, and turned into the upcomming dust storm, disappearing without another word. Sigismund tried to smile at his friend, dutiful as he was, when he realised his lack of lips on his burned features. "That damned she-cat, what a fighter!, he thought to himself. He turned to the rest of his command staff, and in his metallic voice, thundered: "To the Stormbird! Brother-Technicius Artax, brother-apothecary Naegar, you have work to do..."

Fieuw, got a bit carried away there, been a long time since I wrote any fluff. As the veterans of the last AoD might remember, Sigismund Paine, leader of a band of still loyal world eaters, try to fulfill their mysterious mission. Inches from being destroyed, Sigismund The Sarcast now sends his second in command into the fray, in order to continue their mission.

Do I have to post the loadout of my character here? Or somewhere else? Model is finished since last night, got to paint him now, but I can post him if anyone wants to see allready...
I can bend minds with my spoon...
Standing in the shower, in the Metaltower!

Lion El'Jonson

Lion El'Jonson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 166 posts
I don't get it... where are you supposed to do this? At home, with a friend that has also made this sort of thing or what?
Repent, for tomorrow you die!
A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.

Carry the word of Lorgar!