You can reach a members page in two ways. First is by the MEMBERS link at the top of the board. This will take you to the Members Index Page
Clicking the members name in a topic and selecting View Member Profile will take you directly to a members profile page:
The Members Index Page
gives you several options for searching for members profiles:
Member Name -- can be further filtered by selecting "begins with" or "contains":
Picture - checking this box will further refine the search to those members within your inputs who have a members picture in their profile area.
Members Gender -- If a member has selected their gender you can further filter your search by chosing from the drop down menu.
Other filters for searching include:
Member Group drop down menu:
Member Name, join date, profile views, number of posts:
Order to display results: Descending or Ascending.
Number of results to display: 20, 40 or 60.
You can also click TOGGLE MORE OPTIONS to get to the following members search page:
This allows you to further refine your search by:
- Home Page
- Instant Messenger Options
- Post and Date ranges
- Custom Profile Fields -- in this case Chapter Name and Armies Played
The Individual Members page is broken up into several sections:
- User Details
- My Content
The Profile section is broken up into several parts:
- Personal Photo -- You can see the users photo and may choose to add them as a friend or send them a Personal Message.
- Options -- this will allow you to put the user on ignore (making all their posts and topics invisible to you), block them from PMing you, view all their posts, view all their topics and finally view their display name history. As we rarely change display names on the B&C this field will be empty more often than not.
- Personal Statement -- if the user has a personal statement it can be viewed here.
- Personal Info -- this includes their user name, user group, age, gender, location and birth date.
- Interests -- any interests that the user has put in their Interest field will appear here
- Other info -- this is for custom profile fields here at the B&C. Currently consisting of your armies played and Chapter name.
- Statistics -- this shows users join date, the number of times their profile has been viewed, when they last visited the board, user local time and total number of posts.
- Contact Information -- this allows you to add them to your MSN, ICQ, AIM or other instant messenger. You can also PM the user or email them (if their email is public).
This section simply shows you the users Avatar, name, user group and user group icon.
The My Content section is broken up into several tabs:
- Topics -- shows the users most recently created topics.
- Posts -- shows the users most recent posts.
- Gallery -- shows the users most recent gallery images.
- Articles -- If the user has create an article for the Librarium they will be preview displayed here with a link to the full article.
- Blogs -- The users most recent blog entries.
- Files -- any files that the user has uploaded to the Downloads area.
- Comments -- any comments left on the members page will be displayed here.
- Friends -- those who you have listed as friends will have their User Details displayed here.
This displays the user name, avatar and visit date of the 5 (five) most recent visitors to your members page.
This will show the 5 (five) most recent comments left on the members page.
This area displays the 3 (three) most recent friends that you have added to your members page.