Fighting 'nidzilla

Sidri_cyber

Also, Death Company make an absolute mess of Nidzilla. I've just started making my BA successor, and recently used a 9 man DC squad in an Apoc game... shredded 3 fex's and 1 tyrand with 2 TG with only 1 model lost... yikes.

• 2 weeks later...

Carnifex can't get Tyrant Guard, but I'll assume you mean Hive Tyrant.

While not very experienced, I like to think I have some good advice, so here goes.

Firstly, Carnifex can't take guard, and Tyrant can't regenerate, so you will rarely get something that bad.

Secondly, with cheapest weapon-sybiotes, 'fex with regen is 126 points and a tyrant with carapace and 3 guard is 239, leaving less room for swarms to outnumber you horribly in combat.

If it's a tyrant, you can use lascannon, krak grenades, or any plasma or melta weapon to pierce their armour. Devastators, anyone? When the tyrant reaches your front line, you should have done some serious damage to its supporting units, as it can't fly with guard, so it will be left high and dry on its own.

If it's a fex, the devastators should do light work of it, as regen will, on average, give him one extra wound throughout the whole game (unless random game length is on).

Alternatively, being a 'nid, you could always take a tooled-up tyrant/'fex and prepare for a duel of monstrous proportions.

I found what works well for me against the big Carnifexes is my traited Cleanse and Purify marines with double plasma in rhinos. When they're getting closer, run the rhinos, jump your guys out in rapid fire range. It also helps to take out their support critters first though ;)

I find lascannons and plasma toasts those zillas nicely (medium rare, whatever that means). I always assume that they've got a 2+ save as most of the time they do (and always preparing for the worst). Lascannons are may favourite though due to their range and 2+ to wound, I only take missile launchers if I can't afford one - but they come in handy for other things like gribble splatting or if they don't have a 2+ (only seen it happen twice...).

I like taking RBs with TLLCs as a good way of getting some mobile guns in, as a flyrant often tries to avoid LoS to your AP2 guns so you've got to be able to keep up with it. Plus nids have some issues with reliably taking down armour at range, so flooding the board with tanks can help (disclaimer: I spiggin' love tanks!).There is of course the mighty assault cannon too, but I tend not to use them too much so nobody can throw the beardy accusation anywhere.

There's always getting some SoB dominions with loads of meltas scooting about in an immolator, the immo can toast any nearby supporting stealers while the squad disembarks and gets on with the melta-in-facing :D

Archived