Iron Hands.... of irony

kikkala

@Kikkala: Thanks for posting up that pic of the IH symbol on the shoulder pad very helpful good to your squad coming along I'm just about ready to post up my W.I.P squad as well....now to see my the digi cam had batteries ;)

Evenings.

@son of nocturne

Thanks mate ^_^ .

@Terminatorinhell

For my "cold" blue recipe you'll need VMC Sky Blue (GW's lightest blue) and VMC Foundation White. Basecoat with Sky Blue, then next few layer you'll need to add white to the blue, more and more, and final highlights with white.

@faol

Thanks to you too, I'm waiting to see your up coming IH. ;)

Sarge for got some paint on him today:

gallery_25055_1634_177277.jpg

I'll finish 'im up tomorrow, wait for the next update.... muaahahahhaa :tu: .

@faol

Thank you ^_^ .

@Captain Khârn

Thanks to you too.

@TAS

If you told me to slow down, you ain't going to like what I'm going to post at the moment :lol: .

Phew, finally got something done :D .

1st squad:

gallery_25055_1634_424590.jpg

Commander:

gallery_25055_1634_463824.jpg

And ATTACK OF THE PRIMED (OCCASIONALLY ARMLESS) MODELS! EEEK! :o

2nd squad:

gallery_25055_1634_254314.jpg

Dev squad:

gallery_25055_1634_372457.jpg

What do you think :P .

Looking spectacular the commander and the squad 1 leader look ace as do the rest of the unit. Now the devastator unit is my dream unit come true nothing but missiles babee ^_^

Incredibly impressive as well as inspiring *bashing off to the modeling room now that the littles are napping :lol: *

Your lack of slowness is disturbing ;)

The first Tact squad looks great :P

Still can't help but feel you need a bit more bionic bits here and there, however these minis are coming out great.

How many points of IH are you planning on modelling ?

Evenings to all!

@faol

Thanks mate, let's just hope that devvies prove their worth in next test match ;) .

@TAS

...And more disturbing it will come. :P Around 700-ish points worth of Iron Hands :P .

Devvies got some paint tonight!

gallery_25055_1634_121147.jpg

Only bases and metals though ;) . I'm getting better and better with metallics,

and here's a spot, which I'm very proud of:

gallery_25055_1634_80471.jpg

What do you think?

I love that your IH have a very battle worn look I'm planing on having an extra lascannon in mine.

If you can hang them back behind cover they can blast units at range especially enemy armor :drool: keep them coming

@TAS

Thank you :D , it's really great that you shared your warm comments with me so many times.

What do I have for you today, my fellow brethen? Only Librarian power!!!

gallery_25055_1634_437184.jpg

He's going to have tons of bionics of course, the idea in his stance is that he's floating in couple feet high and powering up with psychic energy.

What do you think?

I think you should stop right now Kik :lol: Seriously I love the idea of a floating libbie. Where are you going to place bionics?

Only one detail: If the tabard piece and the cloth piece on his chest is the same cloth piece, dont leave the gap under his belt. It doesnt make sense to me ^^U

Keep working!

alberto

Okay you came by at 100+ MPM (minis per minute) and I did even notice this update :eek although I could has sore I seen my screen blink at some point in time :P

The missile toting marines look great I like how you switched the markings on the leg, and I'm quite excited to see how the librarian will turn out. The GS work looks great with the robe are you going for the loose look so I think I see why its dipping below the belt. What other bit do you plan on adding to him I'd like to know?

@Albreck

There is no way that I would stop now! I'll add bionics to to arms and legs, and head already has a bionics. :D

Tabard is kinda tricky actually, I could fill the gap with green stuff, or I could leave it like that, as it is, and paint it that it' wont bother :P . Other plans include making a force staff for him, shaft will be made like I always had, but the staff's head is still one big question mark. I though have Lysander's Thunder hammer head in my bitz box, but it is more like fist than hand...

@faol

You know that I don't paint that fast ;) . Your point of view about tabard is very interesting too. I'll be thinking what to do next.

...shaft will be made like I always had, but the staff's head is still one big question mark. I though have Lysander's Thunder hammer head in my bitz box, but it is more like fist than hand...

How about some plastic card and Gs? It should be easy to do. If this doesnt work u can try with an old sm fist from 2nd/3rd ed. some wire and gs to do the open palm..

Think about it ;)

Alberto

That Lib is turning out fantastic kik :tu:

You've definitely spent some time and effort into thinking about his pose.

I do agree that something needs to be done about the top of the tabbard and where the torso cloth sinks into the belt.

On the other hand... Why CANT it be two separate pieces? ;)

Thanks for the comments guys :D !

The librarian has to wait for little bit now, I have a test match thursday, so I need to paint last tac squad for that.

Finished 5 marines this morning:

gallery_25055_1634_438174.jpg

These were pretty much speedpainted, painting white starts to get frustrating in a long run :P . Notice the quick and dirty white :) ?

What do you think?

Alrite kikkala, keeping up th good work i see! that plasma pistol sargeant was amazing! and once again, the devestators look incredible as well! cant wait to see what bionic insanity that you have planned for that libby!

keep up those cerazy speed painting skills!

S.O.N.

Archived