Iron Hands.... of irony

kikkala

@Terrible_Trygon

Thanks mate, so even reposed marines have their own term, I didn't know that :). Thanks for sharing.

@Captain morgan

Thanks mate, every left (and occasional right) arm has been converted, with plasticard tube and guitar strings. No bitz used at all :P.

@TAS

Thanks mate. Now it's my time get your mind to crack... scratcbuild something small at first... titaaaan. :)

@Duffstix

Thanks mate, the honour guard aren't truescaled (at least intentionally...), they are have more standing poses instead regular squatting poses.

Little painting today.

gallery_25055_1634_40901.jpg

Oh, I also played with plasticard (banner bearer helped out with representation) :D.

gallery_25055_1634_94134.jpg

No more heavy bolter blisters for me :D:lol:

Some amazing stuff, your thread and your tutorial inspired me to start Iron Hands and will start my own thread later this week. I've gone a different way with my bionics, mostly using florists wire (it's cheap, in variety of sizes and quite easy to work with) but my conversions look more haphazard than yours but I can keep trying :P.

I have a question about your plasticard... I got some from a local modelshop in a few different thicknesses, but it has a fairly glossy finish, doesn't glue well with plastic glue and even the thicker stuff is quite flexible so I've had a bit of trouble using it, do I have the wrong stuff or should I just persevere?

I look forward to reading more updates, it's one of my most checked topics but I just don't reply very often :P and thanks for the inspiration ;) and don't worry I'm interpreting the colourscheme differently so my army wont just look like a cheap knock off of yours :P

@Custodian Athiar & Florida Gator

I posted army pic few pages ago... let's see:

gallery_25055_1634_228152.jpg

@NemFX

Thunderhawk transforming in to the titan :)!! Somebody call the mechanicus, they've gotta hear this :D.

@twistinthunder

Tutorial could be on in order, depends on my future schedule, I'll explain that in a moment :P.

@Skoby

There always room for more Iron Hands, welcome to the chapter mate :). Florists wire eh, isn't it some plastic tube which has iron wire inside? I can say that my bionics used to look like haphazard too, but after many repetitions even I learned the trick ;).

Hmm, glossy plasticard, it could be transparent plastic film, I'm not quite sure about this. It also could be some sort of industrial used plastic too. Oh, what kind of differences will your color scheme have?

@TAS

Time is all I have :P. Plasticard heavy bolter is quickie side-project, but I could do tutorial for it, depending on my future schedule.

Ok, there has been tutorial demands on heavy bolter, it is possible to do, but next week I'll finally can start my studies in college (better term could be polytechnic or university of applied science). So this will reduce my free time a lot, I hope that I can complete honour guard before next tuesday ;).

Banner bearer progress this time, sculpting mostly.

gallery_25055_1634_84984.jpg

The first stuff I got was just a very fine wire on a spool, but I noticed some at my local hobbycraft that came in packets of about foot long metal wire in various thicknesses, like a poor mans brass rod :). I think it does come in plastic tubing sometimes but the stuff I got is bare metal. The very fine stuff is good for fine wiring but the thicker stuff can be used just like brassrod and is soft enough to cut with clippers. I got 12 lengths of 45cm wire for about £2 so it's great value.

My Iron Hands are black with chainmail pauldron trim, chest eagle and on the bionics with badab black washed and mithril silver highlights, then I add some dwarf bronze decoration on the chest eagles and a bit on bionics. Only a subtle change but I think it works well.

No rush on the tutorial of course, but a plasticard heavy weapons tutorial by you would be a worthy addition to these fine halls when time permits :)

Interesting to see how your IH have expanded so much over the months.

Nice work on HG #2, looking forward to seeing how the squad progresses :(

@TAS

Hehe, don't worry, a tutorial will come in (near) future :).

@dood515

Thanks mate :).

@Firenze

Mwahaha, Iron Hands influence is inresistable :D.

Banner bearer is ready for painting, when building the servo-arm, I was missing main body for grenade launcher, luckily I had plasticard ;).

gallery_25055_1634_123590.jpg

One lousy pic for update, outrageous!! I'm kidding of course, I have started the painting too ;).

gallery_25055_1634_45029.jpg

The banner is still wip.

Aaand that's not all, I have started the Clan Champion, wearing a true relic from Great Crusade... mk.2 Crusade pattern armour :).

gallery_25055_1634_125538.jpg

This armour was hardest out three armour patterns I've worked with.

ok thats it, i give in, you have inspired me to the point of having to do my own :P

Im gonna start an iron hands successor who were so keen to use bionics to improve martial prowess they eventually turned to khorne.

its all down to your awesome models, thanks!

keep it up i can wait to see the honour guard complete.

congratulations you are making one of the best 40k army threads on the net with only about 10% of it being made out of GW stuff!!!

that banner bearer looks ausome more machine than man

the plasticard HB is superb i would also love to see a tutorial for one even though i would probably never get around to using it!!!

@forgotten soul

Thanks mate :).

@TAS

Thanks mate :), I wouldn't say remarkable ;).

@sword brethren

Ooh, IH renegade successor, never heard that before ;).

@wiplash

Thanks for the praises mate :).

@13skullz

Welcome to the chapter mate :).

Firstly I apologize for not updating in a long time, university studies started 2 weeks ago, so I've been lil' bit tired lately. But now I've returned, and I have something to update ;).

Clan Champion has legs built and some sculpting done. I've scratchbuilt his arms (at this point one arm), but I ain't showing them yet.

gallery_25055_1634_56583.jpg

Although i keep harrassing you with the finer points of how did you make this and how did you paint that.. But, how do you find all the time to just work on these guys (I figured it's a valid point, since i assume most frater here all have a day job that taxes them from time to time).

The work you've put into the project has been off the charts and every unit you create always seems to be a step up from each previous unit. -_-

• 1 month later...

Archived