Iron Hands.... of irony

kikkala

WHen i saw the comment about the speed painted white, i thought that i might see a slight decline in your white quality, but after seeing that pic, i can't actually notice anything different.

As always great work :)

Man if this is you speed painting, i can only imagine the work you would produce at a more casual pace...

Keep up the great work!

@faol

Thank you ^_^ .

@son of nocturne

Thanks to you too. Oh there will be things I'll do to the libbie, you just wait :P .

@TAS

Thanks, I was suprised too that the white turned out like that. ;)

Well, no update this time, had two matches today against my cousin and his wicked eldar. 1st match was a recon mission, which ended as tie. Second match was a cleanse mission, which ended total obliteration of iron hands by the end of the match. What can I say? I'm totally pissed at the moment! :P

Second match was a cleanse mission, which ended total obliteration of iron hands by the end of the match. What can I say? I'm totally pissed at the moment! :P

Well as a friend of mine use to say when he would clean my rear in street fighter analyze adapt and over come, and a bit of luck for the fickle goddess of the dice never hurt either :P

Well, no update this time, had two matches today against my cousin and his wicked eldar. 1st match was a recon mission, which ended as tie. Second match was a cleanse mission, which ended total obliteration of iron hands by the end of the match. What can I say? I'm totally pissed at the moment! :)

Nothing some bionics can't fix ;)

@faol

Yeah, I know. My tactics were pretty bad, so for next match there will be better tactics, and lots of dead eldar! :devil:

@TAS

...some bionic-madness indeed, I can assure you ;) .

And two days after match there is update!

My captain had pretty bad luck with harlequins, and he was killed in action... rest in peace nameless commander. And now my Iron Hands has new commander, a true veteran of iron hands indeed:

Captain Augus Kasko:

gallery_25055_1634_145412.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_546153.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_463194.jpg

Right legs bionics are still wip, and more gs will come. The chaos marine in the base... I could paint him as marine from Emperor's Children legion, as Iron Hands primarch was killed by Emperor's Childern primarch during events of Istaan V(?).

What do you think?

The new commander looks very impressive, although i feel at this time he doesn't have the Commander feel, like the old one did.

However, your WIP works always make leaps and bounds in their progress, thus i know this is merely the beginning.

Going an EC scheme on the dead chaos marine would work (you are correct about the IH and EC rivalry, especially since Fulgrim did slay Ferrus, at least according to the HH novels).

@Darth Potato

Thanks! -_-

@Frost Knight

Thanks to you too, the head is from tactical marine sprues.

@TAS

Merely beginning... cough cough... I may disappoint you :huh: .

@Age quod agis

Firstly I didn't plan to add cape, but I might reconsider this.

@NemFX

Changed its place :P .

@hendrik

I'll think about that, I wonder I have enough guitar wire to do it...

Ok, added some minor thing to capt. and started painting him... I couldn't wait any longer!! <_<

gallery_25055_1634_145588.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_120652.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_263862.jpg

Perhaps I'll add the cape later...

What do you think?

The upper half of an eviscerated Slanneshi Marine? With intestines everywhere? If so, awesome!

I must say, though, that I'm not a huge fan of the right-leg bionics, at least on the lower leg. Looks a little...bare, I guess.

Although it's great to see the bionic augmentation (i will echo the sentiment about the right leg bionics looking a bit bare), i can't help but feel that the mini (and i mean no disrespect to you or your work) has more of a Vet Sgt buzz than a Captain. Although the last Captain model wasn't really decked out with the bionics, the bits you used for the mini really helped bring out the Captain look and status.

Nit-pick aside, the mini looks fantastic and you should be quite proud of yourself for the amount of work you've put into this army given the amount of time that has passed.

Keep up the great work ;)

Gee I'm not about for a few days and you go wild with the IH conversions. I"m liking the looks of this one how did you do the bioncis on the arm holding the sword. As always the painting looks tip top :D

I admit that photos are little bit... well, dark and badly taken. As Barret knew, it is indeed corpse of Emperor's Childern marine in the base, and there are lots of green stuffed intestines, mainly from his gut and head. :)

Originally I was going to add some more details to bionic right leg, but what do you know, when you do things in wrong order, it does end up like it is. I should have added the details before doing the GS kneecap. After it dried, detailing was impossible to do. But if I remember correctly, the Iron Hand bit from IH boxed set contained legs with simiral bionics on them. You know, lower part of leg split in half and upper part more "thinner" than the lower.

As for the Captain status, I wanted him to be more "simpler", as my 1st captain moder had the cape. I think that Iron Hands aren't one those chapters, who use flashy stuff. "Flashy things aside, if you know what you need to do, you're fine." Anyway, I still appreciate that your suggestions.

In the end kik, this is all still your work, so you are more than welcome to give us a firm nay to our suggestions. However, i do like your rationale in regards to the minimal "flashy things" idea given that the IH do their flashiness via number of bionic implants versus ropes and seals.

Sometimes simple is the best way to go, besides adding detail in other places is a good way to be flashy with out being flashy with scrolls and seals and other litanies and paper work

Archived