Iron Hands.... of irony

kikkala

Capt Kasko looks great :tu:

Now that i've seen the finished model, he does have that Captaincy look about him, plus given the recent passing of the former Captain, one can assume his elevation to Captain was a very mid-battle type of thing, thus he hasn't had the time to get some extra flashy bits :(

He definitely has the bionics to indicate his rank, thats for sure, and if you ever made some background for him, i think having him being field promoted to Captain mid-battle will definitely cement his look and background together. :)

Thanks TAS. :cry:

Okay, for starters, I have 2nd squad still unfinished and libbie is still in stage where I left him, and what do I do....

gallery_25055_1634_540374.jpg

As you can quess, this poor bastard belongs to my DA force (which seems to be weakening in number everytime I do some progress with IH ^_^ ). Anyway, I bought this model and dozen other termies a loong time ago, prize was around 10€ and the condition was rather crappy.... makes sense: Cheap and good doesn't fit in the same category.

What needs to be done: Chest is getting basic shape, greaves will get armour... etc.

But what will it be... maybe Kasko in termie armour? :P

its funny, kikkala...you may not update for a week, but when you do, you dont stop! and the quality is so high its not fair!

i think that Capt Kasko looks AWESOME! his legs are a lil thin, but i love them nonetheless!

great progress on the terminator too, cant wait to see updates on him!!!

Kep us posted, dude :lol: cant wait to see more!

<<Damascus>>

@TAS

Thanks man :) , he'll be potential Capt. Kasko in termie armour... or Vet. Sarge of (possible) termie squad, IF I decide to build more this boyz ^_^ .

@BrotherDamascus

Thankies to you too.

Update time!

gallery_25055_1634_296486.jpg

Bumpy Gs will be cut smooth after it dries :).

What do you think?

My GS-fu ain't that great yet ;) . I still have trouble making flat surfaces :P .

What have I done: He can stand now properly :P

gallery_25055_1634_464029.jpg

Tonight schedule: Green Stuff the leg and perhaps make left arm.

What do you think?

Psht, flat armor is nothing! These are the warriors of the Imperium! Having all sorts of dents and scratches is a sign of service to the Emperor! :D :)

The leg looks great :tu: Nice to see he is slowly getting more regular and normal anatomical features B).

Out of curiousity, is there any chance of getting a comparison on the scale? Maybe it's just me, but i feel that this terminator would be even taller than a regular terminator.

@TAS

I've decided he'll be Kasko in his TDA, leading the whole force or perhaps the future termie squad :P .

@TiJ

Glad to hear that B) .

Update time!

gallery_25055_1634_208506.jpg

He'll get storm bolter later on, and that thing on his lightning claw will be removed. But can you notice what mistake I've done? I'll give you a hint: It has something to do with the right leg ;) .

Is this the models right, or our right?

If it's the models, good look putting his foot in because it is going to look huge :ph34r:

Ideally, i believe the phrase is to work from the bottom up? :) That way both legs would have kept similar proportions.

At least that is what i think "is wrong" with the picture.

Is his left leg longer than his right??? anyhwoo! looks awsome all the same! is there any updates on the libby? or did capt Kasko's new terminator armour slightly distract you??? :devil:

As usual bu=d, amazing work, keep it up!

S.O.N.

What I mean was that, I SHOULD have built and sculpted the whole right leg and THEN attach it to the torso. Meaning, that I'll remove the leg, sculpt the leg and re-attach it back to the torso.... lots of extra work for me. :P

Seems that I do same mistakes everytime, even though I try to learn not be hasty ^_^ .

@TAS

I think that your answer is correct (IF I understood you correctly, forgive me my rather bad english).

"gives arm-breaking handshake with cold irony hand for the winner!" :D

@NemFX

Why storm bolter? Originally I was giving him sb/pw combo, but I didn't have any spare swords similar to Power Armoured Kasko. Meh.. I like single lighting claw, effective in cc and sb gives some ranged power too :P .

@S.O.N

Seems that I'm easily distracted :lol: . Libbie will be after TDA Kasko... and squad #2.

Up to tomorrow: More piccies from squad #2 as 2 more marines is getting finishing touches.

Wow! He is big.

How will he ever fit in a Land Raider? ^_^

:D

One would assume he has to duck :lol:

He doesn't duck, him and his fellow giant terminators roll into balls, then when the landraider stops the ramp opens thenh they roll out and crush everything in their path :P

Good work kikkala

Yay!! I got it right :P

I'd say you can afford to take your time in some of the modelling aspects, given your painting speed, you'll definitely make up "lost time" in that phase, allowing you to really get the converting side down to your satisfaction and ease prior to the paint slapping stage (and avoid cases like this where you find yourself needing to sculpt a giant foot :D).

Looking forward to the next pics!

Archived