Modelling: True Scale, My Tuturial

Cry Wolf

• 3 months later...

Cry Wolf. You and Doghouse inspired me to shop up my existing army and make the bigger and badder. Quick Question, however. The plasticard spacer you used for the shoulder joint (between the torso and shoulders,) is that 1mm thickness as well. I did this last night and it didn't look right to me. Then when I went back to look over the tutorial, it looks as though the it is a thinner piece.

Thanks.

Im happy to know that ie inspired someone and am mentioned allongside Doghouse. Mine is more of a more work(if your OK at GS) but cheaper method whereas his is dearer.

Its actually 1mm but it does look abit off, id say file it down abit to 0.75 about (an exact would be needlesly complicated)

To be honest it doesnt really make that much difference and if you left out all of the arm mods it wouldnt look to bad

Cry Wolf

hey Cry Wolf just like to pop in and say your tutorial rocks - ive made over 40 marines useing a combo of your style and plasticard rod as bionics, and im blown over by the cheapness and how easy it was to actually do...so i say:

THANK YOU CRYWOLF!

just a few things to point out: file them down a bit on the arm to about .8mm...but go with what you like! i personally didnt use the plasticard that joins the arms to the torso (preffered it without)

its funny now because i have Doghouse gothic pattern, doghouse truescale and crywolf truescale :) so, a note to people who love all types of truescale: find a way to manage them all... i used crywolf as standard troops, and actual scales as veterans. i used doghouse gothic to represent Chaos Chosen :)

s'all good :)

Cheers again CryWolf,

<<Damascus>>

just got to say that between the doghouse and your tuts im pretty stoked on checkin out a truescale terminator..have 1 left from my box that i didnt know what to do with and have honestly been a lil scared to try something new (not that i think its gonna be hard but that i would like it so much i would have to scrap my army and start all over:)..luckily i did just that over the summer and went 1st company..now..to the next project

thanks for your work!!

Hey guys, me just popping in again. I'm converting my CSM's over to Cry Wolf's True Scale. (Curse you Wolf and Doghouse, I actually had both my CSM's and Space Marines pretty much assembled, then I ran across your tutorials... well... the OCD kicked in, and... well... you guys know.)

I wanted you guys to know. With the 1mm Plasticard/Sheet Styrene. I've been using Tin Snips to cut up the plasticard into the smaller shapes and it works pretty well. Quick and easy. Just thought I'd give my 2 cents to anyone who may find this helpful.

• 1 month later...
I've actually been able to do fairly well with plasticard using just a pair of plain old sharp scissors. I find it gives me a bit more control over the cut than the clippers do, although the length of the blades on the pair I use make it hard for more precise curves and such. Also murder on the hand after extended use... had bruises on my thumg while working on my scratch build Titan, before that got scrapped.

Archived