Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So uh...is the AoD done?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
79 replies to this topic

Stuart

Stuart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 186 posts
So it's been three days since anyone posted anything AoD related that I'v seen. Is it over, or is there some other reason for the lack of updates?

Renik

Renik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,606 posts
because luku is waiting on the writers for battles 5 and 6 to finish before the poll for battle 7 starts this is quite normal for aods. Also if we keep going with bids and that battles could get disjointed and story's not add up its all planned. Im sure luku got given good advice of the mods for running aods. Plus i suspect a few of the people in the aod were drowning there sorrows after the results of last weekends rugby (unless your welsh)

TheDarkApostle

TheDarkApostle

++ EXAUGURO OCULUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,145 posts
Also Luku's quite busy IRL with his wifey and newborn and new work and all what it was, can't remember clearly.

TDA

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,794 posts
If need be to ease our AoD withdrawal symptoms, I'll post up a little more story where Amorphous finds out news of the Imperial casualties (pending Luku's approval of course.)

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius, 06 February 2008 - 10:35 PM.

gallery_26154_15777_7413.png sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pngjHkptLG.png]gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_48988_10069_2782.png gallery_48988_11572_5225.pnggallery_48988_15094_15503.png

Luku

Luku

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts
Indeed, much RL woes has slowed the typing up of AoDs somewhat....At this point I'm currently...(not in order)

Writing/ rolling up/ organizing AoDs
Looking for a house to live in with the pregnant other half (when due to employment issues no-one will rent us a place)
Looking for new job/s to fix above problem
Trying to sort out problems with the other halfs upcoming new job
(Still trying to) Deal with fact of incoming fatherhood (It's a boy)
Dealing with (very) hormonal Pregnant missus (All of the above and below aren't helping either of us)
Dealing with un-cooprative computer (found a hidden trojan this evening!)
Dealing with huge lack of money due to most of the above
Trying to paint up 1750pts of Iron Snakes
Trying to avoid writers block/ chiche's in writing (unless humourous)

This Luku is a busy Luku...be assured that this AoD is not dead, will not die, and will continue onwards until it's proper ending....

Thus the Luku has spoken..

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,794 posts
Congrats Luku! I wish you the best with fatherdom and what's a Trojan? A Virus?

Cambrius

gallery_26154_15777_7413.png sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pngjHkptLG.png]gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_48988_10069_2782.png gallery_48988_11572_5225.pnggallery_48988_15094_15503.png

Stuart

Stuart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 186 posts
Well I'd say those are acceptable excuses :P . I'm not criticizing the lack of action, I just wanted to check on what was going on. RL always comes before gaming, so take your time.

Congrats on being a father, too. That's awesome.

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
A lot of people in the AoD is probably tied up hard with their work and other RL issues this time of year.
I'm trying to get an in-between story finished up myself, but I'm suffering from RL syndrome. - Lost 14 hours to work yesterday, and most days aren't much better.

A Trojan is a little bit of nasty, more info at Wikipedia.

Congratulations on your elevation to Father, Luku!
Best of luck! :lol:

New-GA-hotlink-banner-190511.jpg

Sigismund Himself

Sigismund Himself

++SCRIBERE NOVELLUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,415 posts

...will continue onwards until it's proper ending....

A loyalist winning of course ;)

Congrats and good luck Luku. Keep those priorities in check ;)

Sarrat

Sarrat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 111 posts

A loyalist winning of course :)

Out of curiosity has the Legio ever 'lost' an AoD?

AoD Intro Story Full Version: http://www.bolterand...p...blogid=279

Luku

Luku

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts
*Shrugs*

Ju'kosian

Ju'kosian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,652 posts
congrats with the upcoming baby.
As for the rest, good luck with all that issues you have to deal with

Yogi

Yogi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,983 posts

So uh...is the AoD done?, Or has enthusiasm died?

Was that who I killed on my way to this thread.. sorry enthusiam monkey..

Out of curiosity has the Legio ever 'lost' an AoD?

Not to my knowledge.

Edited by Yogi, 09 February 2008 - 07:07 AM.

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
I was really pushing to make this a historic and glorious victory for Chaos, but my character was killed in the opening battle. :lol:

What can I say, I gave it my best shot. The averages show that instakilly weaponry tips the balance, but I just happened to come up against an opponent who had exactly the same idea, and we simultaneously smashed each other to kingdom come. :lol:

In any case, I hope that Luku, Mrs Luku and Savage Mortician will be able to finish the competition, and congrats on the developing little'un. :o
Hidden Content

Luku

Luku

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts
For those who want to know...battle 6 is incoming this week, and battle 5 will follow soon after...ish

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
Oh, we aren't getting the stories in numerical succession?

Sigismund Himself

Sigismund Himself

++SCRIBERE NOVELLUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,415 posts
Foul chaos rituals must have distorted the time/space continuum :lol:

Luku

Luku

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts
I place 6 before 5....because 5 is proving....troublesome...if a muse strikes me 5 may arrive first...

The warp is fickle..

Edited by Luku, 11 February 2008 - 10:13 AM.

Renik

Renik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,606 posts
incompetent tzeentch sorcerers last time i hire them for something there not meant to start till the second round

Savage Mortician

Savage Mortician

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 371 posts
Battle 6 begins tommorrow (tuesday) my friends and trust me, it will be big, even if it means spending the whole week on it

I am the Physical Manifestation of Hell. I am the Reaper of souls, The bringer of Death. I am Pain Incarnate. I am the Savage Mortician

92% of knights have moved on to saying "ecky ecky ecky pi’tang zoop boing" . If you're part of the 8% who still say "Ni" copy and paste this into your signature!

me blog
Lions of Chardine IA

AkiraCho

AkiraCho

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,750 posts
wow a parent huh? good luck luku, congratus

lucky for me tho me and my gf just dodged that bullet :)

figure out your life, this is just a game! dont bother painting that 1750 pts of iron snakes just take care of your life!
QUOTE (Brother Pariah @ Nov 18 2007, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EDIT: Never mind. I really don't want anything to do with this thread.

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts

Battle 6 begins tommorrow (tuesday) my friends and trust me, it will be big, even if it means spending the whole week on it

Does that mean the writing of the story or the telling of the story?

Anyway, I will begin telling my in-between story right now.
This write-up carries on the story from where we last left Commander Bannister and his Guardian Angels, and eventually leads into battle six.

MY OTHER MATERIAL:
Hive Pump Primus
Commander Bannister, Armed & Dangerous!
A presentation of Commander Bannister and his 8th Company's journey to Nestir
The Guardian Angels' 8th returns, part I
The Guardian Angels' 8th returns, part II

I was going to tell this story one section pr. day, but if battle six is already written and ready to be told, then I guess I will have to get moving and post this up faster than that.

Here is the story part III, section one:
Enjoy!

Posted Image

---------------

The return of Eighth Company part III
The Angels of Nestir

Commander Iniel Bannister and Captain Alexander Holus had shook hands on the cold steel hangar deck of the Bloodied Scion, reconfirming the standing alliance between the Guardian Angels and the Legio B&C. The two Space Marine forces would fight side by side on Nestir, supporting eachother with equal ferocity.
That had been many days back though and while the war for Nestir was already well underway, the Guardian Angels’ Eighth had not yet seen battle. – Aside from a light raid carried out on a cultist-held listening station in geo-stationary orbit.
The listening station had somehow been missed in the Imperials’ initial attack on the planet’s orbital zone and after the raid it had become clear that the small station had been using some type of holofield cloaking projector more common to the devious Eldar and their dark cousins – Not something common to a Chaos cult. Not common at all...
The raid had been minor though, and Commander Bannister could well have carried it out by himself, even without weapons. – Or at least that was his opinion.
As it was, a full strike team had gone in and found the station manned by no more than twenty-two cultists, and at least five of them had taken their own lives rather facing the Angels sent to deliver the Emperor’s wrath onto them.
The raid hadn’t really been a battle, it hadn’t even been a warm-up. – It had been a mild nuisance at best and a real time-waster at worst. But even that had been almost two days ago and Bannister was getting restless.
He was standing in front of one of the Bloodied Scion’s huge observation windows now, looking down upon the white orb that was floating lazily off to their side, much as he had the day that Inquisitor Rugajovs Fleet had set of and translocated into the Immaterium, heading for Icar 05, the Guardian Angels’s Home System with the Fleet’s surviving refugees and those of 8th Company to wounded, or to important to the Company’s continued existence to fight.
Behind him, a mass of serfs, naval officers, Marine Lexicani and Codicers were buzzing about busily sorting out information about the ground campaign.
Iniel felt slightly worried about being in a room with so many psychers while so close to a Chaos infested planet and not being protected by the “Silentium Custodes” that were always around when such “talent” had to be used within his own Chapter.
It was no secret that the Guardian Angels frowned on the use of psychers that hadn’t been sanctioned by the Emperor himself; and to date, only Navigators and Astropaths were ever given that privilege; or at least to Iniel’s knowledge, that was true. – With one exception that is. The Guardian Angels’ historical records showed one woman, and one woman alone, that had been sanctioned as a psycher by the Emperor himself. That had been many, many thousands of years ago; over ten to date, and only slightly before the origins of what was later to become “the Guardian Angels Chapter” had been... activated. – She had gone on to become an Inquisitor, and here name had been Eup...
“There you are!” interrupted a loud, energetic voice behind him, staggering him away from his line of thought as roughly as a klaxon alarm.
Bannister turned to look over his own shoulder, taking his eyes of the planet below to look upon the powerful form of Captain Alexander who was swiftly approaching him, moving up the short flight of stairs leading up to the large command bridge’s cathedral-like main observation window.
Captain Holus stopped right in front of Bannisters glum form, looking absolutely brimming with positive energy, despite the losses the Imperium had suffered in the initial planet-fall.
The Imperium had managed to knock down the shields of Hive Primus down there and they had even pushed into the main city itself. The Imperium was now waging a city block war in the streets of the vast hive, but the price to get this far had been high and despite achieving most of their goals, the major battles so far had in all reality been losses.
The forces of the Arch-Enemy were holding firm, and in Iniel’s personal opinion, things were not looking good on the ground at the moment. – Not good at all!
He wondered how the Imperial Commander could stay so cheerful in light of their recent losses, but then again he had been wondering about how closely the name Holus resembled the name Horus earlier, and why Holus still retained the rank of Captain, despite leading a large multi-force army in a massive campaign, spanning throughout a planet-wide theatre of war.
But as soon as Captain Holus was there in front of him, all of these dark thoughts disappeared and Bannister realized that he had fallen into one of his moods again.
He found himself being dark minded more and more often since the Ragnarokk incident and being lost in the warp for so long. – He was glad to be in the presence of other Imperials again. – Especially the positive ones.
Of course Holus was projecting an aura of strength and self-assured positivity. Even if he despaired on the inside it would not do for the Imperial Commander to fall apart at a time like this. – It was imperative that he remain positive and open minded; or else moral would crumble and victory would slip from their hands.
Holus was looking at him with an askew look of curiosity and Bannister realized his own face was set in a deep-frowned mask, reflecting the dark mood he was in.
“Are you all right?” Holus asked, concern in his voice.
Bannister found himself waking groggily from his... “meditations”. He had not answered the Captain’s initial greeting. Instead he had only been standing there, lost in deep, dark thoughts.
“Yes.” He managed gruffly, shaking it off. – “Just starting to get cabin fever, that’s all”.
“Anxious to get your feet wet eh?” Holus smiled, slapping Bannister on the shoulderguard to get him fully awake.
Commander Bannister only nodded in reply while standing fully to attention again, getting his senses about him properly. “Very!”, he finally replied. “Staying up here when I know I’m needed down there is a... is a pain!” he said through clenched teeth while throwing a glance at the planet below.
“Well then...”, said Holus with a jokingly malicious smile. “I’ve got just the sort of painkiller you need.”

Edited by Chaptermaster Graymantle, 11 February 2008 - 09:20 PM.

Savage Mortician

Savage Mortician

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 371 posts
well, actually I meant the writing will start, hence the "Even if I have to spend all week on it bit", although I agree the wording was a little ambiguous.

Nice story though :)

I am the Physical Manifestation of Hell. I am the Reaper of souls, The bringer of Death. I am Pain Incarnate. I am the Savage Mortician

92% of knights have moved on to saying "ecky ecky ecky pi’tang zoop boing" . If you're part of the 8% who still say "Ni" copy and paste this into your signature!

me blog
Lions of Chardine IA

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
Why thank you Savage Mortician!

And now, onto
PART 02 of the story above:

Commander Bannister and his men walked onto the drop-bay of the “Bloodied Scion” with gruff resolve. Thirty Marines and Twenty Scouts. – Few in number but equipped with the best gear, superior training and a Die Hard resolve. – They were Humanity’s elite and they would get the job done or die honourably while trying.
“No, they would get the job done!” Bannister thought. – Even if it killed them.
Their support vehicles were rolling past them with engine roars that made the iron deck of the ship shudder as they lined up to board the twin Thunderhawks that would carry the vehicles’ bulky forms to the planet’s surface.
Most of the Marines would be inserted via Drop Pod Deepstrike, but some would come after the initial strike force, landing with the Thunderhawk inserted vehicles. – Commander Bannister would lead the Strike Force himself, from the get-go. – Risking insertion via Drop Pod.
Second in Command; NCO, Chaplain Gaius would oversee the Thunderhawk Drop, so he and the Second Marine Squad would be inserted alongside the two Scout teams onboard the Thunderhawks.
That left Commander Bannister with his elite bodyguard, Venerated Arch-Angel Oriel, and Executive Officer Korbin Lennox, leading Third Squad in a high-risk combat insertion.
Captain Holus had briefed them on their mission earlier in the prep-room and now they were ready to launch.
The teams would be inserted via six Drop Pods under cover of two Deathwinds and another six Scatter-Shield Drop Pods that would break apart over the hive to create a shield of debris. Hopefully confusing radar systems, air-defenses and create a barrier, shielding the Marine-holding Drop Pods against incoming enemy fire.
The two Thunderhawks would follow as quickly as they could, but it was expected that the initial strike team would soften up the Landing Zone before their arrival.
The team would then proceed to their objective and carry out the mission. A mission that seemed doomed from the start, and one that only the Emperor’s finest could ever have any hope of completing.
As Bannister climbed up the steps of a Drop-Pod-holding platform and turned to look at his men, he had no illusions. The mission Holus was sending them on was in all probability one they would never return from, but it was essential to the overall strategy if the Imperials were to win this war.
He looked down at his warriors, seeing the faces of men that had literarily gone into the fires of Hell with him to fight for Humanity. They were ready, but expectant. They were waiting for the Commander’s traditional speech before they were flung onto the anvil of war.
The whole deck stilled in anticipation as many who had come to see them off fell quiet, and Iniel felt as if the atmospheric pressure of the room suddenly grew as all eyes fell upon him.
The faces of everyone he saw, were lit by blinking, blood red lights, as if foreshadowing the bloody events to come.
The whole room fell utterly silent and time seemed to stop.
Then Commander Bannister’s voice boomed loud and deep throughout the hangar bay.

“Men! My Warriors! My friends! My Brothers!
We go into this battle, ultimately, as dead men…
So you might ask yourselves: Why do it? Why Fight?
I’ll tell you: We Fight for Freedom! We Fight for Humanity!! And we Fight to be Legend!!!
Those of us who can, must stand up for Freedom and Humanity; for if we do not, then all that we know will come to an end. Our friends and families, our loved ones and known ones; ALL, will be, Slaves, and ALL will die as such!
If we die here today, then let us have such deaths, that all the Imperium will hear of them and be awed by them. Let us sell our lives so dearly that the Emperor himself will stir in his sleep and that our names will echo forever, in eternity!
So if you must, then give the enemy your lives, but give them HELL in so doing, and take from them… EVERYTHING!!!

At this, the gathered Angels answered with a mighty roar, slamming their weapons to their chests, solidly punctuating their readiness for War and their willingness to die for Humanity.

“Capitulus Patria Nostra! The Chapter, our Fatherland!” Commander Bannister bellowed.
“For the Emperor! For Freedom!! For Humanity!!!” his men answered.

The din of war mongering drowned out all other sounds in the hangar and all who looked upon were moved to tears at such power and devotion.
For all present it was as if though the fire that fueled the Great Crusade had blossomed into life again, and that the Gods of War once more walked among the Children of Humanity.

Bannister climbed onboard his Drop Pod and buckled in, his men following suit. Then the petal formed doors of the pod closed with a clang and all Bannister could see was the data feeds scrolling across his helmet’s display.
The Drop Pod shook as it started moving into its firing-tube and Bannister could feel the light swaying of the Bloodied Scion as the mighty ship adjusted it’s heading to ensure them a safe atmospheric insertion.
The cramped chambers of the Drop Pod filled with a heat and shock absorbent gel and Bannister could feel the gel locking him firmly in place.
Green lights flashed on his helmet display, indicating his squad was fully secured and ready; then they could feel the shudder and loud basso sound of the first Drop Pod being launched.
Another boom shook their pod, then another and another.
A voice crackled to life in Commander Bannisters ear. It was Holus.
“Ready Commander?” he asked in a matter-of-factly voice.
“Affirmative! – Blow me away!” came Bannisters answer.
“Best of Luck! And may the Emperor be with you!” Holus said in a compassionate tone; then another voice broke in. The machine-like voice of a Servitor. “Three, Two, One...”.
The Drop Pod kicked into motion so fiercely that Bannister almost lost consciousness. They were away, and then, two seconds later, the Pod’s thrusters ignited.
The Drop Pod shook violently, then the planet’s gravity caught hold of them, propelling the Drop Pod to even greater speeds, far exceeding safety margins. Bannister felt his vision swimming; and fought to stay awake, then he blacked out.

Edited by Chaptermaster Graymantle, 12 February 2008 - 04:54 AM.

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,794 posts
Brilliant, superb and an awesome write up the Graymantle! *applauds loudly*. May you walk into the fires of battle and return victorious with the enemy purged! FOR THE EMPEROR! FOR SANDERS AND FOR PRAAXIUS!

Cambrius