Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Marine "Destroyer"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,058 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
I figured I'd chuck this in here. This is an old VDR I once made for a competition, and has been seeing action as a neat-looking Vindicator in the mean time. But it would make for a cool Marine Basilisk...

Posted Image

Unit: 1 Space Marine Destroyer

Type: Tank

Weapons and Equipment:
- one Earthshaker Cannon (with Direct/Indirect fire capabilities)
- one pintle mounted Storm Bolter
- two Hunter-Killer Missiles
- extra armor
- smoke launchers
- searchlight

Armor:
Front..Side..Rear..BS

Options:
The Destroyer may choose any of the following options from the Space Marines Codex: Dozer Blade, Power of the Machine Spirit.

According to the VDR rules it was pegged at 185 for the weapons and armor, but not including the secondary upgrades, so I just rounded up to 200 for simplicity, then added 25 to be able to fire directly and indirectly.

I see it as a long range support asset for marines. I can imagine a techmarine seeing two vehicles in front of him: a Predator with a wrecked turret, and a Basilisk with a wrecked chassis, and some armor plates not being used, and thinking "Hmmm..."

Edited by Seahawk, 09 February 2008 - 07:45 PM.

Tactica: Legion of the Damned; thoughts, tactics, and strategies for the intrepid explorer of rarely-seen units.  

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.  

"I miss using Sly Marbo. I like to think he is still somewhere in the codex, but no one can find the page."

HJL

HJL

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,431 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, Word Bearers
i think the precedent for marine fire support is a rhino hull. this means it should probably have 11-11-10 rather than a predator hull.

other then that it looks cool. and where did you get that gun?

"The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We Eldar who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude."

Ulthan the Perverse

What we imagine is order is merely the prevailing form of chaos.

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,058 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Thanks! Got it from this model. In short, it's a 155mm gun that fits absolutely perfectly in the turret ring.

I gave it the high armor because I also saw it as an infantry support weapon, for some reason, like a vindicator, thus the armor would be higher. But you may be right since it's more of a rear support weapon that standard rhino chassis would be better. Drop it to 200 or 210 points then?

Edited by Seahawk, 10 February 2008 - 03:33 PM.

Tactica: Legion of the Damned; thoughts, tactics, and strategies for the intrepid explorer of rarely-seen units.  

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.  

"I miss using Sly Marbo. I like to think he is still somewhere in the codex, but no one can find the page."

Custodian Athiair

Custodian Athiair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,151 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders
i have to say great idea and great conversion

well done

[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

Probably heretical due to the Plague Zombie problem springing up in the 41st Millenium.
"What in Terra's name are you doing?"
"Um...gathering tactical data."
"With a spork?"

The Leonic Heresy (alternate history): http://www.bolterand...-leonic-heresy/

Salamanders {8th}: W:24{5} D:8{0} L:10{0}

Lord Lorne Walkier

Lord Lorne Walkier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,349 posts
  • Faction: Enlightened Sons

i think the precedent for marine fire support is a rhino hull. this means it should probably have 11-11-10 rather than a predator hull.

other then that it looks cool. and where did you get that gun?

/agree

Nice work though.

"Death comes in many forms, but i would count aerial bombardment amongst the most satisfyingly efficient."

gallery_70393_10089_14705.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users