Modelling: Doghouse Pattern Truescale Marines

Doghouse

• 1 month later...
I was on here the other day looking for an update and saw that doghouse was on and got really excited, but alas there was no update and I was forced to cry myself to sleep clutching my green-stuffed termie legs in my hand.

i spent ages trying to track down someone who would give me some termi legs

couldn't bring my self to buy a squad if I couldn't do the whole thing

and now I've got them I don't think we'll see this ended =[

its all my bad luck's fault man =[

Ok guys I can take a hint! :)

I've got quite a bit on at the moment in real life but I'll try my bestest to get atleast the torso part done over the weekend. :)

i think hes taking a break from marines because he has a dark eldar blog going on warseer

Erm...well...you see...ah rats I've been busted! :)

My names Doghouse and I've been consorting with filthy Xenos scum...please don't report me to the Death Watch. :)

Don't worry, I'm still first and foremost a die-hard Astarte supporter and Bolter and Chainsword is still and always will be my favourite site! :)

Is it MKIV or VI? Btw happy to see you back(even if you've become a xeno-fondler lol)

[EDIT]DON'T SMOOTH THE GS ON THE LEGS WITH A KNIFE! Just checked one I did last night and the mini was horrible. Use sculpting tools to save yourself the work lol(I think I found part of the reason why I cant sculpt lol.

Edited by Bigger-than-Jesus

Hi Doghouse,

Just like everyone else, i am eagerly awaiting the next installment in this excellent tutorial, but i have a question:

How do these 'actual-scale marines' compare in size to your 'true-scale' marines? i only ask because i am considering making an army which is made up of mostly gothic marines, with one or two of these marines chucked in here and there, as sergeants for example.

Cheers

Tom

^ Agreed, i've always fancied doing a big marine with a hammer, you know, the ox of the army.

Would it be possible to post one of your true scale marines next to a normal one please?

J.

Sorry for the lack of activity guys, been way to busy to get anything done and my camera is now playing up to make matters worse. ;)

Major headache!

I am working on borrowing one to get this done though so stay tuned.

Here's the shot with a gothic marine as requested.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/Picture014.jpg

I don't seem to have one with a normal marine but here's one of my actual scale possessed marines next to a Dark Angel that's just as good.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/Mutt2050/Picture061.jpg

My hopes we're dashed again.....anyways, I picked up about a dozen different sculpting tools at a store for about $12 and I'm looking forward to learning how to using them. I await as ever with patcience.

Hi Doghouse,

Now i know all this badgering must be getting annoying, but i'm really looking forward to the next update and was wondering whether you would mind giving an estimate of when that will be. Sorry to be so annoying, it must be like a car journey with little kids for you..."are we nearly there yet???" lol

Cheers

Tom

;)

Don't worry guys I am seriously working on it, honest! ;)

Got a few real life things that need my immediate attention (replacing boiler that nearly blew me up, replacing kitchen plumbing, basically stuck reworking most of the house at the moment) and my camera is on the fritz so there's not really a lot I an do right now but it is being worked on. ;)

:teehee:

Don't worry guys I am seriously working on it, honest! :woot:

Got a few real life things that need my immediate attention (replacing boiler that nearly blew me up, replacing kitchen plumbing, basically stuck reworking most of the house at the moment) and my camera is on the fritz so there's not really a lot I an do right now but it is being worked on. :lol:

Dude, that's just plain bad luck that is. Hope it's sorted fast. Btw can you imagine my dissapointment to see Doghouse had posted last in this and didn't leave anything?(yeah, this is a shameless guilt-trip, so what?)