Modelling: Doghouse Pattern Truescale Marines

Doghouse

when i first saw this page and the words "life size" i though you mint something like this

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/Snake1579/normal_2xmarines.jpg

you know what? i would really, really want you to include a tutorial for making these power armor suits!

can you say "intimidation"?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems this tutorial is a long time in the making. I give you props Doghouse. Up until I actually read your tutorials I would see "Actual Size" and think it was for experts. Your tutorials are amazingly easy to understand and I am planning on implementing this in my army in the hopes of impressing about 20 gamers in the Reno area. ;) I am eagerly awaiting some more bits of the tutorial. I will be buying my first AoBR box most likely on the 5th. On that date i will also be picking up my ammo box troop carrier for my soon to be "AS Marines". In the mean time I will be practicing painting on my tiny marines.

Again, thank you so much for taking time out of your life to share this amazing technique with all of us here at B&C

Captain Ienai

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, well I just discovered this, if it weren't for the sheer brilliance of this project I'd be hunting Doghuse down Right about...NOW! :P

But seeming as he's doing such a brilliant job (and has a good excuse, aka-having a life ;) I suppose we'll let him off :)

We're so kind and forgiving, keep it up Doghouse. You're doing brill.

Thanks for all the kind words guys! As it happens I am currently working on a deathwatch marine to lead my new truescale imperial guard army so I'll try and update this as soon as I can. :(

Please be patient though as I'm extremely stretched at the moment due to impending redundancy looming on the horizon. :mellow:

Thanks for all the kind words guys! As it happens I am currently working on a deathwatch marine to lead my new truescale imperial guard army so I'll try and update this as soon as I can. :P

Please be patient though as I'm extremely stretched at the moment due to impending redundancy looming on the horizon. :confused:

I hope you don't get too messed up by it mate. Good luck!

Been lurking around the forum for a while and the original Gothic Marine tutorial which led me to this thread finally tempting me into posting (as well as buying all of the bits I need to make my own). I'll be searching for other tutorials now about GS as it'll be my first foray into using it.

Just wanted to thank Doghouse for the excellent tutorial as well as his more than impressive skills :)

Hope all goes well on the job front and you are able to carry on with this excellent masterclass.

Doghouse seeing as we all have been watchin this thread for as long as we have I don't think any of us are going anywhere soon so take your time and when you're not spread out all over the place and ready to update we're still gonna be here.

Thanks for the support guys. Things are looking a little grim at the moment with fourty redundancies in the last month and the CEO quiting but I will try and get some more done on this.

I have developed a new easier way of doing the shoulder pads so hopefully it'll give me an incentive to get this finished. ;)

I've got a few different techniques that I've been playing around with at the moment involving both the regular pads and the terminator ones.Once the basic vid tutorial is up and running I'll go into greater detail to cover alternative pads and sculpting the torsos.

I've just started to complement my vanilla marines with units of crusaders in order to be able to play with codex: Black Templars. I've decided to use Doghouse's gothic pattern marines, and the results are terrific!

Here's my Emperor's Champion :

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KYc5-ZYzLRk/SinQAysLH5I/AAAAAAAAAYQ/zt1fsiNBY18/s400/IMG_1726.jpg

Phil

Edited by boreas

WOW this post thingy is like a year long.. i havnt been following it, but it seems really interesting.

i like doghouse idea but that is a lot of work for one miniature. got some my own "actual"/"true" scale marines whatever the correct name for them is, but simple than this. barely any greenstuff.. same difference ;)

will be good if you doodoo a tutorial for arm pads, as i dnt got anything good for them :)

i was feeling tsuro true scale marines, they have potental, could be the way forward i reckon

http://s684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teukgong/?action=view