pre-heresy truescale worldeaters

synapse

The whole explanations are silly.

There is nothing that states that marines armour has 'growth rings'

nothing in the current fluff even hints at this.

Quite the opposite actaully.

Passanius is a character in a ultramatines novel

He was a huge teenager. when he was a fully grown astartes he had to have scraps of terminator armour.

Because the normal armour would not fit. That means that it does not expand as you claim.

The fluff quite simply states that marines come in many shapes and sizes.

However it does not state that they are compleatly out of normal human proportions.

If anything their gene enhancing would promote proportionality and uniformity.

Case in point.

The iron snakes book, brotherhood of the snake.

A human female comments on the marines size and facial structure being identicle.

The comparisons you make to how fast apes can move is silly.

4 legged creatures move faster than any equivilent 2 legged creature for the most past.

So for instance. Put yourself at a fast jog spead. In good health you are more likely to be able to out distance a primate moving at the same speed.

Case in point. Many africal tribes who hunt antilope for meat do so by running the animal into exhaustion.

Killing it after is has no energy to run or defend itself.

I cant even be bothered to rais other points.

Needless to say in not impressed or inspired by the anatomy section of the site.

I will however commend you on ther sections.

Most noted is the chapter colour schemes.

Philip makes absolutely no secret that the majority of the content on his site is his own ideas, a lot of them are reimaginings of 40k concepts and fluff. No, they don't always jive with canon, but he certainly makes no pretense about that fact. I get that you don't care for his stuff - I'm not a fan either, but I think you're rather belaboring the point, especially since the content is openly fanfiction and reimaginings.

My way of explaining adjustments to armour as a marine matures, and seems reasonable fas part of my (re-imaged) clarification to explain certain elements (like heroes always seem to be bigger than the rest, and older, and while it's possible marines could start of big (some are but seem to be exception) most scouts and new marines seems to be shorter than their experienced brothers - or at least that is how it seems in the background).

However it does not state that they are compleatly out of normal human proportions.

Define 'normal' :)

As I said before, they are that build because that is what will fit into the armour diagram. The Marine's joints have to match the armours joints placement (else he could not move). Changing the marine's proportions would affect the armour design, and then the armour would loose a lot of it's power (I did try a redesign of armour based on a more 'human' marine, but it looked bad - it was no longer 'iconic'. Plus BL didn't like it.).

I was making a point about muscles being strong enough to handle a marine's mass with ease. That they are not a body-builder; more a power-lifter or rugby player build, and not muscle bound due to their skeleton being modified.

I'm not saying the marine runs like a gorilla, may aim was to illustrate biological muscle can handle quite a bit. For the purposes of making a comparison to show a marine could be quite massive and fast; there are not a lot of super massive bipeds running around to compare the marines too, so I tried to compare apples to oranges (with a connection about as deep as 'fruit')

So the points you raised so far were your biggest objections? Your other objections being so trivial it is not worth mentioning?

Needless to say in not impressed or inspired by the anatomy section of the site.

Then it's not for you. Others like it, and it has inspired them. Each to their own.

If you have some ideas to improve it, I'm listening.

I would guess for you critiques that a revision/ clarification of the part referencing gorillas and rhinos would be in order?

Thank you.

Philip

Wow a few new comments, it has been a while since I gave this my yearly praise. Once again you rock Synapse. When I 'stumbled' upon this thread last month it got me back into the hobby.

The whole explanations are silly.

nothing in the current fluff even hints at this.

Quite the opposite actaully.

Passanius is a character in a ultramatines novel

He was a huge teenager. when he was a fully grown astartes he had to have scraps of terminator armour.

Because the normal armour would not fit. That means that it does not expand as you claim.

The fluff quite simply states that marines come in many shapes and sizes.

If anything their gene enhancing would promote proportionality and uniformity.

Case in point.

The iron snakes book, brotherhood of the snake.

A human female comments on the marines size and facial structure being identicle.

4 legged creatures move faster than any equivilent 2 legged creature for the most past.

So for instance. Put yourself at a fast jog spead. In good health you are more likely to be able to out distance a primate moving at the same speed.

Case in point. Many africal tribes who hunt antilope for meat do so by running the animal into exhaustion.

Killing it after is has no energy to run or defend itself.

The man was just trying to put his own logic into how a space marine works physiologically. I personally don't like most of the things written, but I get along just fine.

Both books are terrible for random fluff bits. No chapter has enough terminator suits to let people take parts they need. You don't tear apart relics, especially not for new marines.

There is no possible way a marine could be well proportioned. Their chests would have to be wide to fit their new organs, and their legs would be stocky (though still long compared to a human) to support the immense weight. That would make him look much like a gorilla.

You shouldn't be bothered by the other sections here. You should have just sent a private message to the site owner instead of posting in Synapse's thread showing off your English skills. If it is your second language, I take that back.

Keep on doing your thing Philip. You have made a lovely chain of inspiration.

These WE are absolutely fantastic.

One criticism I have is not of your work, but the fact that so many people here are harrassing you to do things differently. I know it is well within their rights to do so, and you welcome the feedback, but come on, how many times do you have to say you are doing something a certain way before people get the point.

Also, everyone needs to get over Philips' site. If you don't like it, ignore it. It is his opinion and he is entitled to it, but there is no need to flood this thread with your whining.

Aside from that, this work is amazing and I look forward to everything you produce in the future.

• 1 month later...

Hey synapse

i think these world eaters are the best, your modelling style really gives the feel of the artwork.

i wanted to see some more on your grey knight marine, it looks great. please post it painted, where did you do to get the storm bolter for the arm?

Archived