Sword Bearers

El-Diablo

Excellent work Midian. I've always loved how lively your red comes out.

As for Sicarius, why not convert a new model using a few of the bits he comes with? If I remember correctly he has at least a loose head and I could swear one of his weapon hands was loose as well. For my counts as Kantor I'm just using the head, the storm bolter forarm, and the backpack. I think this is the best of both worlds. People can't complain because at least some parts of the model are from the correct one and you get to make a model that fits the theme and feel of your own army :tu:

Thats the one thing im unhappy with. From everything i've read on doing freehand text, I think im getting everyting right (paint mix, thin paint ect) but the application is letting me down, and it shows.

I know. I have it the exact same problem. Its a lot harder than it seems to. But I guess we just need to pratice... a lot :D

Thats the one thing im unhappy with. From everything i've read on doing freehand text, I think im getting everyting right (paint mix, thin paint ect) but the application is letting me down, and it shows.

I know. I have it the exact same problem. Its a lot harder than it seems to. But I guess we just need to pratice... a lot :D

Yup. :)

Write it on you pallet three times before the model.

Normally I do 4 or 5 tries, just to make sure.

After some discussion with a few friends, I think i've found a solution to my text worries - aside from a different paint mix (slightly lighter colour, thinned more), doing the text in capitals might do the trick. Im going to go back over the Sgt's chest scroll later on today and see if I can do a better job. I'll take some fresh shots when he's done.

Have you thought about using a micron pen instead Midian?

Thanks for stopping by Kurgan,

I've tried them in the past and had mixed results so I think i'll be sticking with the brush - gives me a chance to practise freehand that way.

Long time no post for me. Nice to return to the B&C and find something like this! As always I love your work, Midian! Outstanding quality. Though still no checkers? I must say I'm a bit disappointed... :P

/Angerforce.

Long time no post for me. Nice to return to the B&C and find something like this! As always I love your work, Midian! Outstanding quality. Though still no checkers? I must say I'm a bit disappointed... :)

/Angerforce.

Where the heck you been?! Been an absolute age since you stuck your head in here.

As for checkers, im going to do some on a few of the Vanguard and Sternguard when I get round to them, to add a little 2nd ed flair.

Archived