Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Castigators strike Force

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

The Fabricator General

The Fabricator General

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts
Well finally I've gotton round to taking some photo's of the force that I took to the GT back in November. As I take the photo's I'll post them in here.

First up is Combat squad Viator.
Posted Image

Enjoy

Trajan

Trajan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 395 posts
Thats a rich vibrant red youve got there!! ;)

Tyrannicide

Tyrannicide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,776 posts
Fab. Gen.! These look ace....spectacular. I am doing a force of the third company. I started a test marine, but I'm not really pleased with how he came out. If you don't mind, how do you paint your red?

tagsta

tagsta

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 841 posts
amazing!
show use more!
Toll the Great Bell Once! Pull the Lever forward to engage the Piston and Pump...
Toll the Great Bell Twice! With Push of Button fire the Engine and spark Turbine into life...
Toll the Great Bell Thrice! Sing Praise to the God of All Machines!

Check out my Dakka Gallery.
including Ultramarines, Marines Malevolent, Mechanicus, Pre Heresy Stuff and lots more

Kairo

Kairo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 250 posts
Very nice representation of the Castigators. Good job FabGen.
Editor of Seer Brun's project...

Chapter 2 Featuring Dark Angel Task Force Arx Fidelis

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,271 posts
Awesome! I wasn't expecting this thread (I mean, I pm'd you in January! :)) but it's awesome to see some of Timon's company painted. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your guys. I really like the old-style Devastator legs. Those blue-grey bases really make the armour pop.... though your red seems a lot darker and shinier than your earlier pics. Have you changed your recipe? Or just used varnish?

I'm curious. :down:

Edited by Commissar Molotov, 07 March 2008 - 05:34 AM.

THCsig_zpsr7llkfne.jpg

QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

The Fabricator General

The Fabricator General

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts
Yeah sorry it's been a while Mol. The recipe is the same as it was but my lighting setup isn't great so the pics are somewhat inconsistant, they have also been varnished and could do with some sort of dull coat.

Darth, best of luck with your castigators! The colours I use are crimson gore, lots of coats over a white undercoat untill the colour is even. Shade with a mix of scorched brown and crimson gore. First highlight is crison gore and blood red. Second highlight is blood red and a final highlight of blood red and a little dwarf flesh.

Ok another pic, this is combat squad Davatus. Davatus is the second part of Devastator squad Viator.

Posted Image

When I get around to sorting out a light tent I think I'll retake these.

Tyrannicide

Tyrannicide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,776 posts

Darth, best of luck with your castigators! The colours I use are crimson gore, lots of coats over a white undercoat untill the colour is even. Shade with a mix of scorched brown and crimson gore. First highlight is crison gore and blood red. Second highlight is blood red and a final highlight of blood red and a little dwarf flesh.

Cheers, and keep them coming... Davatus looks nice. What paint line is Crimson Gore from?

Edited by Darth Potato, 07 March 2008 - 11:17 PM.

The Fabricator General

The Fabricator General

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts
It's the vallejo equivilent of red gore.

KiltedMarine

KiltedMarine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 513 posts
That, sir, is just damn purty... :)

The shade of red is particularly nice. Very rich. Keep 'em coming!

"Emperor's Mercy... are they singing?  I don't know who to be more afraid of, them or the Orks!"

-Col. Korvin Dinta, Cadian CMXCIX, witnessing the Hounds of Arawn charging into battle at Badon Hive

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,271 posts

Yeah sorry it's been a while Mol.

No problem. I know how real life can bite in the ass. It's just good to see any pics from you. I'm loving the banner on Davatus. As an aside, are the old-fashioned leg bits green stuff? Or plasticard?
THCsig_zpsr7llkfne.jpg

The Fabricator General

The Fabricator General

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts
They're green stuff, with green stuff studs.

The Fabricator General

The Fabricator General

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts
Finally, an update. This is tactical squad Acacius.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by The Fabricator General, 12 October 2008 - 01:26 PM.

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,271 posts
Very nice! I like the guy with the grenade (nice conversion on that bolter, too!), and that sergeant's always been one of my favourite veterans.
THCsig_zpsr7llkfne.jpg

Ferrus Manus

Ferrus Manus

+LEXICANUM+

• + LEXICANIUM +
  • 2,654 posts
Very cool, I agree with Mol the grenade marine is excellent. Just seeing these puts me to shame, I still don't have a final army list up for the VIII Coy. Keep it up!

My WIP Tzeentchian Warband

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,271 posts
Ah, the second picture didn't show up on my other computer - I really like the Inquisitorial symbols (are they from the Inquisitor range, or a 40k bit?) on the backpack and belt of those two - the running guy has a lot of motion.

They're models I'd be very proud to have in my Castigators! :P
THCsig_zpsr7llkfne.jpg

Terminatorinhell

Terminatorinhell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,370 posts
these look awesome, I'm always a fan of a good red marine, is the vallejo color much different than the GW counterpart?

gallery_24779_1036_30733.jpg

The Emperor's Champion:
"Never forget, getting tackled by a charging Marine is a LOT like getting hit with a VW Beetle at 30+mph. A VW that hates you and everything you stand for..."

With a lonely whisper you hear him say, on this night you will die this way...

The Fabricator General

The Fabricator General

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts
The first three members of squad Erastus

Posted Image

Terminator in hellGlad you like them.The paints are pretty much the same although they are a hell of alot cheaper and you get more in the bottle. I've also had no problem with them drying out.

Edited by The Fabricator General, 12 October 2008 - 02:07 PM.

ToyShip

ToyShip

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 356 posts
Looking great! Glad to seethese guys again. I relly like the marine with the bolter and bayonet! Great job!

The Fabricator General

The Fabricator General

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts
And here is the rest of squad Erastus.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

SeerBrun

SeerBrun

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 338 posts
Very professional. I can see why they call you the Fabricator General, of course... they also call you that because its your chosen handle, but clearly you deserve it. Very nice, and mostly understated conversions.

+ D E I + C A S T I G A T O R +
Carry on.

ie_banner_350x100_01.jpg
IMMORTAL ENEMIES + IE @ FACEBOOK + MY DEVIANT ART
UPDATED: 27.NOV.15 - Making of a Hero, Imperial Guard style!

BrotherAtrox

BrotherAtrox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,505 posts
Beautiful.

a8QM4OF.gif

Ferrus Manus

Ferrus Manus

+LEXICANUM+

• + LEXICANIUM +
  • 2,654 posts
These are just getting better and better. My favourite is the marine with the Deathwatch shoulder pad. Your script is great. How do you do it?

My WIP Tzeentchian Warband

tagsta

tagsta

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 841 posts
the marines are awesome! love them and the whole chapter!

i would appreciate some group shots and seeing a character!
Toll the Great Bell Once! Pull the Lever forward to engage the Piston and Pump...
Toll the Great Bell Twice! With Push of Button fire the Engine and spark Turbine into life...
Toll the Great Bell Thrice! Sing Praise to the God of All Machines!

Check out my Dakka Gallery.
including Ultramarines, Marines Malevolent, Mechanicus, Pre Heresy Stuff and lots more

Tyrannicide

Tyrannicide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,776 posts
Tell me this Fab Gen, how the hell do you capture the spirit of the Castigators so well? You should know that I envy you and your talent for creating fantastic conversions and even more extreme painting skills. I truly like every model, if I had to narrow it down, my favorite so far is Sergeant Erastus himself. I look forward to (hopefully much more and soon) progress from you. <_<