C:Daemons

refuse

Firgued, with the Daemon Codex coming up, and the B&C unsure if it is a Space Marine list, we can drum up some support.

Are you going to field a Daemon army?

I for one plan on it.

http://forum.emperorschildren.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/daemonarmy~0.jpg

Currently I have:

72 daemonettes (24 from each era), and I will pick up 24 new Daemonettes to assure I have 24 from each era.

18 Daemonettes on Steeds (Don't have any RT era ones, traded them years ago, oh the pain!)

12 Fiends of Slaanesh 6 from each era. (will pick up some new ones, but the prices seem crazy. Hope it is for a unit of them)

A Daemon Prince:

http://forum.emperorschildren.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/DPfront.jpg

Which will probably be HS in the new dex.

Lots and Lots of Keepers of Secrets (in addition to the one above, I have 5ish Big Keepers, and 12ish old RT era keepers.

http://forum.emperorschildren.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/FaceOff.jpg

http://forum.emperorschildren.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/refuse_skeeper.JPG

http://forum.emperorschildren.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/keepersonParade.jpg

Think their will be a Keeper of Secrets sub lists? How about an Apoc list. 22 Keepers of Secrets!

I can hope in Apoc, or in the Legion lists we can combine the God Specific Daemons with Chaos.

So lets see your daemonic Legions.

And if we find out that this isn't a Space Marine list. . . .

Then to the Eye of Terror with them!

Well, I'm not sure, I would luv to do a khorne daemon list, but not for tournaments, but for fun.... but I've heard the same song and dance rumor yet again.... That its usable with Codex Renegades, but I still going to take it with a bag of rock salt!

here's hoping it might be true, but doubt it seriously!

Please forgive my ignorance but will we be able to field Demons from the new codex with our Chaos space marines or are we stuck with our very dull vanilla lessor/greater Demons?.

Be nice to mix and match some cool new Demons but I'm geussing that GW just wanna make us go and buy a new Dex and models :rolleyes: .

Right now , I couldn´t care less about all this demon thing... I always saw demons as a complemet for my Chaos Legions, a tool to be used (and expended) nothing more.

On top of that, I find the new demons models so crappy that are well deep in the "insulting" category... the first time I saw the pics of the new demons my first thought was : "And this idiots expect somebody would buy this $#¡7?"

Anyway, I have many "true" demons colecting dust in the shelf right now... If the C:Demons turns to be something interesting to play with, I may give it a shot.

Please forgive my ignorance but will we be able to field Demons from the new codex with our Chaos space marines or are we stuck with our very dull vanilla lessor/greater Demons?.

Be nice to mix and match some cool new Demons but I'm geussing that GW just wanna make us go and buy a new Dex and models :P .

The two dexes will not be cross-compatable (it they were to be there would never have been Generic Daemons) except in games of Apocolypse.

I would love to do a Tz or Tz/undivided daemon army for fluff reasons (and b/c I'm bored w/ this csm dex already :P ) but I already have a tyranids army, and I don't see the daemon army playing that different then nids army.

If I do do a deamon codex list, it will be heavily using "counts as" and a bunch of metal models fro FASA's Vor game that I converted up with mutations for a custom race. Currently they do good duty as generic lesser deamons, spawn, and greater deamons, but I have far more of them (many still unpainted) than I can field that way (outside of Apocalypse).

I'll have to wait to see if the codex has units that would suit me. And really, I could equally as well use the tyranid codex for that purpose.

Also, this seems a poor place to drum up support for a codex that doesn't have any power armor in it...

To be honest it really doesnt intrest me to have a pure daemon army. I also have a sneaky suspicion that daemon dex in general is going to be fairly insane power game wise, which is another turn off for me. I will probably try a nice rounded list a few times, representing each god equally ect...Kinda like i did in my daemon bomb Word Bearer list from the last chaos codex, one unit for each god basically all favoured numbers. The idea of deepstriking bloodletters isnt going to be easy for most armys to handle, daemonettes are brutal as well and cheap from what the rumors are, i just got this dirty feeling inside that this is going to be retardedly insane.

I also have a sneaky suspicion that daemon dex in general is going to be fairly insane power game wise, which is another turn off for me

wait and see . its better then GK or SoB , but its not a power army .

I play a demon army[tzeench] in WFB and will probably buy some units for each god , maybe a unit of juggers always wanted to have more then one . I wont play the demon dex in w40k . And its not only the crappy codex , I just dont like the way it is writen , its fluff .

I also have a sneaky suspicion that daemon dex in general is going to be fairly insane power game wise, which is another turn off for me

wait and see . its better then GK or SoB , but its not a power army .

I play a demon army[tzeench] in WFB and will probably buy some units for each god , maybe a unit of juggers always wanted to have more then one . I wont play the demon dex in w40k . And its not only the crappy codex , I just dont like the way it is writen , its fluff .

Try reading the rumours on the warseer forums... some of it way power.

Bloodthirsters with a ranged attack?

All tzeentchian daemons with ap 3 ranged attacks!

Only rumour that made me mad was the S3 T3 Daemonettes rending with fleet!

I for one plan on it.

http://forum.emperorschildren.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/daemonarmy~0.jpg

Currently I have:

72 daemonettes (24 from each era), and I will pick up 24 new Daemonettes to assure I have 24 from each era.

18 Daemonettes on Steeds (Don't have any RT era ones, traded them years ago, oh the pain!)

12 Fiends of Slaanesh 6 from each era. (will pick up some new ones, but the prices seem crazy. Hope it is for a unit of them)

To play 40k you will need round bases for your troops. The ones you've got are not allowed, because they're too small.

in a world of nids /eldar and death korps of krieg/IG hellfire lists a foot slogging army is many things , but power gaming it is not . there is now way you can shield those squishy demons from dieing from the humble hvy bolters/scater laser/shuriken canon , skimers can fly around them and shot them to death on and on and on . most of the army doesnt even have a 24" treat range whats makes it a second rate hth army . But yeah some armies are going to have problems with demons [those 10 man sm we play by the codex ones].

a 5+ inv save is harder to get rid of then you think, My first game against the new chaos dex, my opponent used two spawn and lesser daemons, by the end of two 2 the spawn were in hth, and he had a large daemon pack heading my way, I was using combat squads(DA) and only dropping one or two daemons at a time, and I had template weapons...

Unless those armies you listed have anti inv save weaponry, even the mighty tyranids are going to have a problem with them... Gawd let me get the new bloodthirster in HTH with a Tyrant.... St10 will kill it... and it has furious charge too...

This dex would be for noobs, that's for sure!

To be honest, I doubt I'll be fielding a 40K daemonic force, since I see them more like a "weapon to be used against loyalist" rather then a force in its own. Allthough I must confess that the Soulgrinder does strike my wallet with fear of being ripped to shreds for cash :Elite:

What I do see is a WFB Daemonic army that I've been planning to build for a couple of years now. Maybe it's time to wipe the dust from it and start to realise it, perhaps?

To be honest, I doubt I'll be fielding a 40K daemonic force, since I see them more like a "weapon to be used against loyalist" rather then a force in its own. Allthough I must confess that the Soulgrinder does strike my wallet with fear of being ripped to shreds for cash :Elite:

What I do see is a WFB Daemonic army that I've been planning to build for a couple of years now. Maybe it's time to wipe the dust from it and start to realise it, perhaps?

So the consensus is, a daemon legion in 40k, maybe or maybe not for some, but for fantasy it seems to be a semi solid yes to that...

For me, I'll be waiting to around christmas time, when the Mortal chaos army shows up with its Hell Cannons!

Daemons in 40k, maybe just getting the dex itself, and thinking about it...

I'll probably do a Nurgle daemon army, I've got a crapload of Plaguebearers and Nurglings that I have nothing to do with at this point. I'm sorry, but the generic daemons suck and I refuse to use them. I REALLY can't wait for plastic Plaguebearers, though... butcher those suckers up and make possessed Death Guard, huzzah! I'll try it out, see if it's ok, but mainly only use it in Apoc with my Death Guard and Traitor Guard armies, both also dedicated to Nurgle.

Also, this seems a poor place to drum up support for a codex that doesn't have any power armor in it...

Daemon Prince.

Though I have a feeling, once it is published, the B&C won't be supporting it. It was a question (and by the forum) for the chaos players.

Technically, the deamon prince does not have power armor; its not listed in his wargear. Sort of like how Obliterators do not have terminator armor...

If a 3+ save alone counts as power armor, then maybe this site should support Necrons, and Eldar (wraithgaurd) etc...

Mind you, I wasn't complaining about the question, just commenting that the level of response here may not be a good indication of the codexes potential popularity.

Oh, and I forgot to say- that's a kick ass Slaneesh deamon collection you have. I swear I saw the KoS collection a few years back when it was a bit smaller- they one with the umbrealla sticks in my mind. You really should do an Apocalypse game with a deamonic incursion to field all those greater deamons- it would be a riotous orgy of deamonic fun!

BTW their is one good thing. Anyone notice the lack of Daemonic Instability?

That's also true of the generic lesser and greater deamon in the CSM codex. They are simply fearless.

in a world of nids /eldar and death korps of krieg/IG hellfire lists a foot slogging army is many things , but power gaming it is not . there is now way you can shield those squishy demons from dieing from the humble hvy bolters/scater laser/shuriken canon , skimers can fly around them and shot them to death on and on and on . most of the army doesnt even have a 24" treat range whats makes it a second rate hth army . But yeah some armies are going to have problems with demons [those 10 man sm we play by the codex ones].

Not trying to bump heads but i believe you can hold your daemons in reserve and keep only your greater daemons/s, heralds, daemons princes, daemon engines on the board and if the rumor leaks are correct they all can summon. So much like the old daemon bomb lists (which i ran with my word bearers) you are going to eat a pile of full units of bloodletters/daemonettes/furies/flamers/plaguebearers/ect, they will be untouched and unless you are able to drop multiple MCs in one turn you will be at its mercy unless you can win HtH vs them.

I for one plan on it.

Currently I have:

To play 40k you will need round bases for your troops. The ones you've got are not allowed, because they're too small.

I call bull<DELETED BY THE INQUISITION> on that! I've been playing since RT and deamons and things like snotlings only came with square bases. These different base sizes were introduced in 3rd edition or later. Plus what about custom bases. And if you even try to say you won't be allowed at tournaments, I've taken Plaguebearers on square bases to every tournament I've ever entered. No one has ever said anything except cool. My models are on the big square base not the one that goblins come on.

I think I've even seen armies in White Dwarf ie staff armies with square bases. Paul Sawyer or whatever big GW name you want to drop has no problem with this and neither has any GW staffer I've ever talked to and I know a lot of them.

I'm not rebasing my old models just because GW changed the rules. They sold these models, they are useable in both fantasy and 40K only recently did deamon models come with both bases. Square bases are more versatile, not that I ever seem to but someday I may again run a fantasy deamon army.

But as for reason this thread was created I have no immediate plans to do an all deamon army. I'll probably buy the book, but it all depends on how much a Plaguemarine is worth. I only have the Nurgle deamons painted. I'd rather work on my chaos space marine army or either ork army I have that need love. No guns isn't a good tactic in 40K or even fantasy I've tried it trust me.

Archived