Need help for Cult

As the title says, I need some help for my Cult of Chaos. First off, my kitbashed Chaos Lord has very Cthulhuian influences (squidhead, wings, greyish green paint) but also very Nurglish wargear (old blight grenades, a huge scythe). However, I want to make my army an "Army of the Elder God", so I'm not sure how to do it to pull it off right since I want to keep to a single Mark if possible. That said, what should I use to represent a Cthulhu Chaos Cult?

Mark of Khorne- No magic, extra Attack, meh

Mark of Tzeentch - Magic, Ward Save is very nice, nice

Mark of Nurgle- +1T, meh

Mark of Slannesh- +1I, meh

Undivided- Reroll, meh

Cthulhu fills all of these ideas, but I want one unifiying Mark for the Army, so what should I use? As you can see, I'm leaning towards Tzeentch, but would I be better off consecrating my Chaos Cult to Nyarlathotep or Yog-Sothoth? Whew, I'm really getting into the Lovecraft stuff here. That would mean a new Lord model thought, but the Terminator box is so nice... Arrgh! I can't decide! Please help me my Chaos brethren. B)

Nurgle. Squighead/scythe fits right in. Tzeentch is also.. wrong in my opinion. I'm also reading some Lovecraft, and I keep thinking about Nurgle. It's also got that green/grey look to it already. While Cthulhu does contact people via their dreams I don't exactly associate him/it/whatever with magic/Tzeentch.

Khorne is more wrong because of violence/rage/bloodshed, which isn't Cthulhu's thing.

Slaanesh must be the most far off, because Cthulhu clearly isn't capable of/doesn't want to give people (as is humans) pleasure.

Undivided would also work.

All in all, I'd say go for Nurgle, most people would just think of it as a normal Nurgle army before you told them about the Elder Gods story, which I'd say is a bonus.

Remember to post pictures, as this can turn out to be quite interesting.

A Cthulhu/Mythos generally themed army sounds pretty awesome to me ;)

Tzeentch fits in because the entire Cthulhu idealolgy is based off of sorcery and necromancy, that and the Invunerable save represents the fluffy protection that all Spawn of the Old Ones have.

But thanks anyways, I'll just hold off on deciding until I get some more feedback.

Tzeentch would actually make a lot of sense for Nyarlathotep as he "came out of Egypt" and Tzeentch has a very Egyptian feel to it. Furthermore, Nyalrathotep conjured lightning and hypnotized people (gift of chaos maybe?). As for Cthulhu, I think a Great Unclean One or Daemon Prince would make the most sense, and if you use the greater daemon remember to yell "Cthulhu ftagn!" as you summon him. Yog-sothoth had no form as far as I know, so he would be difficult to represent. Also, maybe you could make some Innsmouth themed frog headed plague marines. Good ol' Howard.

I think Nurgle and Tzeentch work equally well, I'd house rule in a "Cthulhu Mark" that combines the two, and just use both when using the army competition wise, but it really sounds like you're going pure fluff, so I'd house rule it.

Yeah, you're right, a rule combining them would be most suited for this. Anyway, if you do make a Nurtch/Tzeegle (:)) mark, please post it in the homegrown rules section, as I'd love to read what you've decided on :(

Archived