Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sisters of Battle formation.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Spacefrisian

Spacefrisian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,141 posts
  • Faction: Spacewolves
Came up with this formation for the sisters of battle.

Blessings and Faith formation.

150 points + models

Adepta Sororita's Heroine + Celestian squad (If Heroine has Jumppack than the Celestian squad may be exchanged for a Seraphim squad)
2-10 Battle Sisters Squads
1-3 Repentia Squads
0-5 Retributor Squads
0-5 Seraphim Squads
0-5 Dominion Squads

Increased Faith: Each squad taken adds another Faith point to the total faith points.
Their duty fulfilled: When the Sister Repentia are completely defeated as a result of close combat then the SoB player may add 1d6 Add Faith points to its remaing faithpoints.

New acts of Faith:
His Guidance:
Putting their faith in their boltershells their range is almost invinite.
Phase:Before shooting.

Test of faith: roll equal to or under number of models. A result of 12 always fails.

Effect: All bolters, boltpistols, heavybolters, stormbolters add 6" to their range, this also includes the 12"rapid fir range.(Further rules aply)

Edited by Spacefrisian, 23 March 2008 - 08:28 AM.

There are no Deamons in 40k

Bannus

Bannus

++PRAETOR BELLUM++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 12,813 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands
I like the concept overall. Although I'm not sure if it needs to follow a format similar to the Space Marines Battle Company.

Came up with this formation for the sisters of battle.

Blessings and Faith formation.

150 points + models

Adepta Sororita's Heroine + Celestian squad (If Heroine has Jumppack than the Celestian squad may be exchanged for a Seraphim squad)
2-10 Battle Sisters Squads
1-3 Repentia Squads
0-5 Retributor Squads
0-5 Seraphim Squads
0-5 Dominion Squads

This organization is so flexible, I really don't see the need to include it. I think this part could be completely omited without losing anything.

Increased Faith: Each squad taken adds another Faith point to the total faith points.
Their duty fulfilled: When the Sister Repentia are completely defeated as a result of close combat then the SoB player may add 1d6 Add Faith points to its remaing faithpoints.
Imagifer: Squads may take Imagifer at half point cost in addition when they have the Maximum number of sisters in their squad (20) its for free.

I'm not sure about discounts and free wargear - especially in games the size Apoc is suppose to represent.

New acts of Faith:
His Guidance:
Putting their faith in their boltershells their range is almost invinite.
Phase:Before shooting.

Test of faith: roll equal to or under number of models. A result of 12 always fails.

Effect: All bolters, boltpistols, heavybolters, stormbolters double their range eg 24" becomes 48", note that rapid fire range also is doubled. (Further rules aply)

How about add 6" to the range instead? Heavy bolters firing out to 72" and bolters and storm bolters firing out to 48" seems a little too dangerous to me.
IRON HANDS LEGION OF THE DAMNED

Remember that during a zombie apocalypse, you don't have to out-
run the zombies....just the guy next to you.
Posted Image

Lord Humongous

Lord Humongous

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,341 posts

Effect: All bolters, boltpistols, heavybolters, stormbolters double their range eg 24" becomes 48", note that rapid fire range also is doubled. (Further rules aply)

Technically that means bolters would fire once up to 48" if the user was stationary, and twice up to 12" with movement allowed. If you mean to allow shooting twice at 24" after movement, you should probably just say that. IMO that is a bad idea; extending range seems contrary to the armies fundamental balance, especially if they also have gobs of faith points to spend on using the ability. Maybe an ability that lets them assault after shooting bolters and heavy bolters? That seems more fitting. They may already have that, not sure...
Vallejo "gory red" for the Blood God, and resin skulls for his throne! Chop! Glue! Paint!

Spacefrisian

Spacefrisian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,141 posts
  • Faction: Spacewolves
Maybe wath Bannus said is better ad +6" to bolter range.

Also i'll drop the discount thing.

Edited by Spacefrisian, 23 March 2008 - 04:12 PM.

There are no Deamons in 40k

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users