Pack Expansion

Jonny Wolf

Brothers,

the Fang could always do with another Dreadnaught Pack or Vehicle or two around the place.

I recommend a Dreadnaught Company Pack Expansion, however I don't know how/whom to ask to get it started or how them tab/sig things are given out.

But a few thoughts:

1. A consensus on a 'No-Later-Than' date. - Currently 1 June 2008

2. One Unit/Pack or Vehicle of your choice (HQ's include a unit)

3. No piling in - once the oath is made, no add ons.

Still need a volunteer to build the Sig Block for the award

I don't know who is the B&C Space Wolf Great Wolf that can sanction this, but with enough brothers howling we might get the ball rolling.

Jonny Wolf

Hmmm... How many Dreads do you need for the Ancients Apocalypse Formation?

EDIT: Although I almost certainly would go for a Bog standard but modded Dread, why not a FW version? I can recommend the Siege Dreadnought from personal experience!

Hmmm... How many Dreads do you need for the Ancients Apocalypse Formation?

EDIT: Although I almost certainly would go for a Bog standard but modded Dread, why not a FW version? I can recommend the Siege Dreadnought from personal experience!

One Techmarine/Iron Priest

3+ Dreads

@ Jonny wolf , I think it is a good idea to start another pack expansion. I would be in for a dreadnought one , but only because I recently aquired an old 2nd ed. metal dread with a Multi-melta. I think limiting it to dreads would leave a lot of our brothers out as they might already be done with their dreads , but have something else they need to work on.

From the experience of the past 2 pack expansions I would recomend the following : 1)Ask our WGBL Max_Dammit if he will take charge of the sig medal things ( He has done a great job on all of them so far ^_^ ) 2) limit oaths to one unit at a time i.e. 1 HQ or vehicle or Troop unit ect. ( I noticed some brothers kept pilling and pilling on ,all these units that they wanted to get done onto their oath with the result that they could not finish them all , only one unit is required so dont make it harder on yourself :tu: )

Brothers,

useing Foe Hammer's sage counsel I think we should agree to these terms:

1. A pack expansion of your choice (unit or vehicle).

2. An oath of only one unit or vehicle (no piling on as mentioned).

3. Completetion no later than date of - 1 June 2008 (?flexible?).

Any 'nays' in the Fang?

i wanna do it although i dunno how much i can do before june with tons of exams and extra revision on the go but ill give it a go

If you have an HQ infantry model you need to paint ,that will work and should not take up to much time :lol:

Right then,

1. Unit/Vehicle of your choice

2. No piling in (extra add ons)

3. 1 June cut-off

4. Mods and Ale are encouraged.

Now, if we can get Max to agree to the SIG and Little Bitz to put this topic in the right category we'll be rolling!

i wanna do it although i dunno how much i can do before june with tons of exams and extra revision on the go but ill give it a go

If you have an HQ infantry model you need to paint ,that will work and should not take up to much time :P

that would be good but i dont have the model (implanning on using mrneus clagar and changing him (alot) i shall reveal more when i come to doing him

but i also have a barely made bike squad, 2.5 halfmade infantry squads and a bunch of models to strip first!!!

but ill see what i can do

Well, I am in but I have more then a Pack to do. Most people know I just shelled out a ton for a battle company. lol

So I can make this oath.

I pleadge to build and paint 3 Grey Hunter packs by June 1?? And I will have something on the side for a few guys that have talked about it. A squad of Grey Hunters that look a bit different in Nature. lol

I say this because I am working on them all, and want to show the whole thing off at a go. That and I don't go out and party and drink much any more so I have plenty of time. Being an old middle aged man.

It also will make me have a reason to hack/glue/paint/pose and all that.

Scarey, huh? Feels like I was 17 and razing hell just last week, and now I am 37. Must be all the illegal stuff I did. Ruined the memory. lol

I dont have a problem with brothers doing multiple units for the pack expansion , especially if they want to show off there new painted minis :D But , I think it would be a good idea to only have one unit be the oath and any additional units will be extra-credit ,so to speak . That way we dont get brothers who failed their oath because they only completed 5 out of 7 units , for example. Just my opinion ;)

Scarey, huh? Feels like I was 17 and razing hell just last week, and now I am 37. Must be all the illegal stuff I did. Ruined the memory. lol

I have no idea what you are talking about brother ;) I am 29 ! And shall remain 29 until the Wolftime :P :D

If we are going ahead with this then I'll get that 2nd GH pack sorted. I have a Razorback for them and 3/4 Marines to build (its a reorganisation of the Great Company - going from 8 man footsloggers to 6 man Razors)

EDIT: I would add a Fellblade, but I won't have any money to speak of till mid August, and certainly not £60!

Archived