Emperor vs Horus

Angelwinged

Erm, Doubt it. They are Primarchs after all. With added chaos gifts. Abbadon is just a marine with chaos gifts. There's not much conflict between them becasue they dont even view him as a threat. Also that they dont really have the widespread command any more and/or dont really leave their daemon-worlds much so Abbadon is the next most powerful chaos marine about.

The Emperor is for all intents and purposes, the living son of God, and God/love/natural order of the universe will always endure and have victory in the end.

Sorry, :cuss?

I must have missed the memo were 40k became Christianity.

The Emperor has always been refered to as the most powerful psyker of the human race. His power is so great that it borders on mystical, and so the weak minded and ignorant view it as spiritual.

Much like during WW2 when US air forces used an island for a runway, the local tribesmen where in awe at this magic- when the US forces left, they built 'mock' runways and offered up 'crates' in the hope of bringing back these spiritual flying beasts.

That the Emperor tries to banish religion is an incredibly bold and original idea, if he just tried to diefy himself in worship then he'd be just like the hundred tyrants before him.

The Imperium is pretty much the Catholic church, at least the idea of the Imperium borrows heavily from the Catholic church. The old fluff would constantly refer to heretics as those who resisted the faith during the great crusade. It is only now that these heresy books came out that GW is making the Emperor not God incarnate, which annoys me. Todays audience is probably a lot less inclined to believe in any God than the older 40k audience was when the game originally came out. Maybe thats why they did it, I dont know...maybe the GW boys secretly hate religion and are finally making it clear. But the original fluff is pretty undeniably pro the idea the Emperor is God incarnate.

well, the NEW fluff which is now the OFFICIAL fluff says otherwise. this means that whether you like it or not, believe it or not, the emperor is nowhere near being god or anything relating to such.

lets stay away from religious stuff incase the mods come and look :P

not really, they were merely shocked by the sudden psychic attack that he used to destroy Horus. i mean the emperor would stand no chance at all against even 10% of a chaos God's power. the emperor was born from 1000 psykers or whatever they were called. the Chaos Gods however were born from 1 emotion felt, thought about, and expressed by all intelligent life in the material universe. even the emperor feels hate and other such emotions which only make the chaos gods stronger.

They were threatened by him before then. When they stole the primarchs in their test-tubes and scattered them out into the galaxy... And as for relative power - if the chaos gods get a bit of power every time someone thinks about their respective emotions, how much does he get every time a person spends half an hour praying? I suspect the average human spends more time praying than being angry...

Emperor + Primarchs = universe filled with order.

Primarchs + little twist and tug here or there = inevitable breakdown of order and manifestation of Chaos within the galaxy until life is extinguished.

The chaos gods would make a much funnier sitcom than the emperor. The emperor would be like the old party killer.

The chaos gods would play the following part

Slaanesh = hermaphrodite pervert

Khorne = Psycho

Tzeentch= Cheats in quizzes other things.

Nurgle = Old guy no one wants to sit next to.

But on a serious point the emperor would absolutely thrash around a chaos god in single combat, apart from khorne who may beat The Big E

Please started another dedicated thread if you want to talk about the deity of the Emperor. This was originally a thread about my short story. And yes I know the official fluff says otherwise now...I consider GW traitors for that and I will never play 40k again, period. It totally ruined the game for me.

I wrote it for all you guys, for the 40k lovers. Thanks so much for your compliment. I am working on another story right now. Hopefully I will have it done within a week. I doubt it will be as good as this one, but it will be fun to read due to the subject matter. If anyone has ideas for a cool short story they would like to see done up, just post and let me know. I was considering a white scars story, and maybe a dark angels story. I like taking a short little piece of fluff and then fleshing out the story more.

Ok Angelwinged, make sure you make those Adeptus Custodes sounds tougher next time and please, no more "marine or soldier" use "Custodian or Custode instead" because it just sound so bad-ass especially if you're talking about the Emperor's bodyguards.

Anyway, "I consider GW traitors for that and I will never play 40k again, period. It totally ruined the game for me.", wots that suppose to mean?

I appreciate your criticism, God Emperor (I see you assigned yourself quite a title) :) But I tried to keep the focus of the story pretty much on the Primarch/Emperor. If I spent much time talking about space marines or custodes, I wouldve taken away from the flow and focus of the story. And to be honest, it didnt even cross my mind to call anyone custodes.

Great story, ive tried writing a story just like this, but i cant think of a begining, so i skip to a random middle part..... then i skip all over and it all goes to hell. Ive already printed this out and is on my book case :P ( by the way, first post)

Its not easy I know lol. I think you should keep at it. Dont think you can just sit down and knock out an amazing story in one go or anything. Story outlines help. Or just write down a bunch of stuff you want to include in the story. That helps you keep the direction ...well...directed well lol. ;)

Well all the old fluff pictures show the Emperor as looking almost Native American. Shoulder length hair, strong facial features, and maybe the size of an average space marine, if that. In older pictures from the 90's he was in some somewhat plain power armor, in more recent art work he is significantly larger and his armor much more decorated and imposing. So far all there is to imagine what the Emperor looked like is the artists interpretation. I always imagined the Emperor having a kind face, with very intense eyes, and being a very lean and powerful 6'4 at the most, but looking taller because of his power armor. Remember the Emperor has lived since the dawn of humanity almost, so to think he would be 7 or 8 feet tall would be totally unlikely since the average male human being is 5'8 or 5'9. The Emperor is not strong because of his size, or his armor, but the power that is in his glory as a holy and pure being. I imagine the Emperor's presence immediately inspires and comforts those with a good heart, and puts fear and unease in those with dark hearts.

Again I have to say I am very disappointed that GW allowed the God Emperor to be re-written as a someone who did not recognize his own divinity and only used reason and logic as a faith for the new man. For years the Emperor always seemed like the Jesus Christ of Revelations, the Lamb who was coming back and the Lion to defeat the forces of evil and judge all. The fluff is always based off something, like the Imperium was the Holy Roman Empire, the Emperor was the Christ figure, and Chaos are obviously evil/demonic forces leading mens souls to hell. So I will not read any Horus Heresy novels, since they go completely against what WH40K was supposed to be to me, what it had been to me for many years. If the Emperor is just a man now, although very powerful, it ruins it for me. I want to believe in the divine and the mysterious unknown that makes us all wonder in our hearts...what more is there than what we see? Reason and Logic do not explain the greatest thing in the universe, which is love, which is divine.

As far as when to expect my next story...I dont want to make promises, but maybe a week or two? I just want to do a good job on it. Since there were some technical things I ran into about the weapons of the era, it kind of took my momentum I had away, since I had to rewrite a few things.

Well I finished a rough draft of the story. I will give a hint. Dark Angels and Space Wolves will probably like the story a lot. :D I will read it a couple...ten twenty times and edit it for flow and content a bit, just to make it read better. I dont think its going to come close to the Emperor vs Horus story, but it isnt such a titanic event to be told, so it would never match it anyway. Still I should probably post it in less than a week and I think you guys will like it.

Hmm. Isn't the Emperor divine in 40k still? By the 40th Millenium he is practically universally worshipped by all Imperial Citizens (except chaos cultists, of course). You have to take into account the Emperor's objectives before judging the storyline. He may be a God, but still deny it so that he can further his goals.

He is obviously trying to isolate and keep ignorant as many people as possible as regards the warp - his ultimate objective is to eliminate man's reliance on the warp by hijacking the webway - ending reliance on psykers/mutants of all sorts (most notably astropaths and navigators). Once the webway is secure, the Imperium can keep running while he isolates the psykers until such time as the gene strand has evolved enough for humans to resist the warp completely (and therefore become more like the Eldar).

If he wants poeple to stay ignorant of the warp and all such things, he needs to deny his divinity and therefore deny ALL divinity - including the chaos gods... It never says the Emperor isn't a god, it just says he denies it himself...

That's my opinion anyway.

I liked it alot, an excellent read,however the blood angels player side of me wishes that you had mad the fights a little bit more even i mean all good ol'e sanguinus does is make a dent in horus' armor, I imagined the duel to be a little bit more even matched.

I love the story. Few things though: Sanguinius should have put up more of a fight (I like to think he was even with Horus but he was so wounded and exhausted from the battle on Terra Sanguinius eventually fell after an epic battle) and I thought the Terminator yelled an awesome yell before being brutally burned alive from the inside out by Horus with a look. Anyways...

I only wish that the story had covered the battle on Terra as well...

I love the Blood angels as well, but realistically Sanguinus had fought for days on end, dueled a Blood Thirster, and been wounded to begin with. Horus was fresh to fight and had the power of every Chaos God behind him. There would realistically be no contest considering the huge disadvantage Sanguinus faced. But the thing I always loved about the character was his virtue and nobility. He knew he was going to die, but fought on anyway to the last breath. As far as who is the greatest Primarch is concerned, I must say I think he was the best, since he is the most noble and selfless of all the Primarchs I know of. Plus he had to look very cool flying around on angel wings and smiting the foes of the Emperor ;)

Archived