Emperor vs Horus

Angelwinged

I see your point. I think the reason I don't really enjoy the Sanguinius battle so much is because Sanguinius dies such a brutal, ignoble death. I guess I always thought he deserved a much more... Romantic? death. Like just stabs and gashes, before being beheaded. But that's just my personal preference, I guess.

Anyways, I agree he is my favorite. Though Russ comes in at a close second for beating the Emperor at a drinking contest. If only Horus had decided for a drinking death-match with Russ to decide who rules Man... Sanguinius is just a huge allusion to Christ. That's probably why we like him so much.

I think there is something romantic about fighting a hopeless fight despite horrific injury and suffering. Try playing some moving music in the background when you read it :angry:

A good Battle of Terra song is "Apocalypse please" by the Muse.

A good song for storming Horus' ship might be "Charging Fort Wagner" by the Boys Choir of Harlem (from the movie soundtrack for Glory)

I cant think of a great song for Sanguinus and Horus though...something with violins for sure though :)

well i too like sanguinius a lot, in fact he is my second favorite primarch. but the way you wrote the battle between Horus and sanguinius makes perfect sense. sanguinius had no chance at all, he was even lucky enough to dent Horus' armour. i agree that he was the most virtuous primarch. if only they didn't kill him, but then again thats why i like him even more. his sacrifice helped somewhat in Horus' downfall.

• 3 months later...

Archived