Swordhand talks with himself - Art thread

the legs look square but good :)

the chest and arms are just strange :wacko:

the loin cloth is good because it has the worn look

and the belt i too blury

It is all blury because all I have done so far is block in the colour. The loin cloth is one I do like very much, thanks.

Overall I hate the atmosphere it presents. The legs were based on the Huron Blackheart model.

Thankyou for dragging this back up, I have some updates :devil:

Here are some VERY VERY WIP projects:

My sorcerer of slaanesh:

med_gallery_30828_1929_14204.jpg

My (attempted mk XI) battle scene :rolleyes: :

med_gallery_30828_1929_12801.jpg

I've got another, but I'm not sure about posting regulations. Are lost and Damned still accepted?

Anyway, I'd love some heavy criticism.

well well, we have an update!

I this is my shmancy new Sig pic:

gallery_30828_1929_71991.jpg

if you think it's cool, then here's a blank:

gallery_30828_1929_83169.jpg

just slap on some text and stick it in your signature.

you have my permission. :D

And if no one replies I'm changing the name of this thread to 'Swordhand talks with himself'

I can't believe how good you are at this and you say you're TWELVE?!?!?! :wink:

You keep that up and you'll be a GW artist mate.

[[sandman]]

Alright....time for some crit :P ;)

Your sig looks good! I would say keep the eyes white but have them glow, is he not a sorcerer? Next up, the lighting. Its all very good, however I think the hair could use a little more work because it looks like he has a mesh of hair a very different color (unless that's what you were wanting to achieve :wink: ...). Now the lightning, very good, can't see a fault there! Finally, the unfinished backpack and background...tsk tsk...sometimes a blend of unfinished sketches work with finished art, but I don't think it does right now...the actual backpack looks great though.

Knowing you quite well, and seeing your art progress is fun, keep up the good work ;)

Cheers,

Brother P.

Thankyou sandman!

@ Mista P: the eyes actually turned out better than originally planned. the very sketch itself is not done, and the sig is like a colour test. why not eh? when he's done his eyes will glow and the will be daemonic shadows flitting about him. The hair and other odd pink parts are my attempt at source lighting the lightning, and it didn't really turn out. The lightning was a pic off google :lol: ! With the backqround issue: it is like I said just a test sort of thing, but I agree in this situation. I never really figured how to draw backgrounds <_< the backpack is a pleasant surprise, because I HATE backpacks, but what do ya know, I can draw them B)

Thanks guys :)

• 3 weeks later...

med_gallery_30828_1929_329056.jpg

This is a WIP marine[thing] for Molotov's Harvesters

I've done some other work for the harvesters already, but it is too WIP to share. I think I will attempt a Nurgle or Khorne signature in corel soon, which will be interesting, but exams are coming up and I'm already sweating.

If you haven't seen it get 'The Gothic and the Eldritch'

It's all Jes Goodwin's design process for giving to the sculptors- very awesome stuff. A lot of it ain't Power Armoured, but it's awesome anyway. I'm not sure if it's still in print, but it should be.

He drew a 1:1 scale picture of a Marine, eight foot high... it really is an awesome book.

Incidentally, you might wanna pay just a tad more attention to scale, the Iron Hand guy's arms look just a little puny, even the PF.

• 1 month later...
you wouldn't happen to be using photoshop would you? as a fellow artist i say they are pretty cool. and i also have to say that i am gonna start my own art thread, thanks to AS here for the idea... if you want a drawing done, check my sig! sorry to advertize myself in your thread... :P

photoshop elements 3.0 :)

I'll be looking after that thread of yours.

well, i think... i can link it to you... gonna add it to my sig... unfortunately, my <DELETED BY THE INQUISITION>ing printer/scanner-macrapper is not working...

one sec... AH-HA! heres a linky to the topic...

and the only artwork on it will be pencil, or watercolor, on paper and scanned into the computer... seeing as i dont have photoshop...

• 4 months later...

Well, looks like it's time for an update :(

Since mr. Hacky-nore has been getting some new attention, and Kombat-Unit posted I-burn[my new favorite piece by him] on deviantart, I have been inspired to do something lava-y. SO here's hakanor's reaver:

gallery_30828_1929_118217.jpg

Hes been worked On for fifteen minutes so far, and since I probably won't finish him you better like him how he is :D

I do like this one though :blush: so have fun saying everything mean and productive you can think of, as it might even help me get better :D

Archived