White Scars bike conversion

Hyperion

number one looks great B)

as if he is ready to blast a hole in unfortunate enemy ;)

and great work with the whole front wheel thing..

looking good

cheers

Tutorial:

Assemble the wheels and body of the bike (even though the pic shows half!) then cut down between the front spokes and fuel tank along the line shown.

gallery_4484_2064_582.jpg

Then trim down as shown.

gallery_4484_2064_43754.jpg

Remove the little skulls on the sides of the fuel tank and file down the top as shown (allows the handlebars to turn).

gallery_4484_2064_20341.jpg

Trim these bits out of the back of the spokes.

gallery_4484_2064_48161.jpg

And you get this.

gallery_4484_2064_18709.jpg

Cut out a piece of sprue (this is the the wheel sprue) with a large cylinder attached to a bar.

gallery_4484_2064_49309.jpg

Then you have this.

gallery_4484_2064_11613.jpg

Trim down the end of the bar (slightly).

gallery_4484_2064_427.jpg

And round off this bit of the cylinder a little.

gallery_4484_2064_36114.jpg

Then you put the bar into the hole in the fuel tank, at this angle. It can be tricky to get the angle right, so try dry fitting it a few times.

gallery_4484_2064_7659.jpg

Once you've got it glued in position add some green stuff to bulk up the new hinge.

gallery_4484_2064_34106.jpg

And from the front.

gallery_4484_2064_10271.jpg

Make sure the handlebars are attached to the spokes and you have your hinge.

gallery_4484_2064_32553.jpg

Then it can turn realistically.

gallery_4484_2064_7208.jpg

Excellent tutorial. thanks for taking the time out to post these. Can the same be done with the chaos bikes?? They look better and more chopper like??

Just had a look at the chaos bike and it should be the same. Might need a slightly longer piece of sprue cos there's more of a gap between the fuel tank and the handlebars. On the plus side you can vary the angle of the hinge so you can make the spokes longer or shorter. (I'm already picturing a ghost rider style bike for my legion of the damned, with massive spokes and big curving handlebars!).

wow - thanks for this!

I think the Chaos bike would be simple enough using these plans, much less structure to it. Having tried the ape-hanger bars, all I can say is good luck. if you figgure it out, please post a tutorial on that, too. I find that the Chaos bikes look great but require too much of an angle at the rider's waist bend if he is to be holding both bars, looking like a kid on dad's chopper. ape hangers could move the bars BACK, too, for better posing.

• 10 months later...

Archived